Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We could be ‘safe’ before our next home game kicks off!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That long? Could be curtains for us before then.

The very worst case scenario now means Cardiff beat Palace/Fulham - and we lose our next three (Spurs, Arsenal, Newcastle)
We could then go into last game of season hoping to stay up on goal difference by beating Man City and Man Utd beating Cardiff.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I’m staying confident. We beat Spurs, Cardiff lose at Fulham . . Bobs your uncle :)

:) Not intending to be offensive but do go back to the Walter Mitty World and reconsider. ' We beat Spurs, Cardiff lose at Fulham '

We wont touch Spurs who, whilst still trying to ensure Champions League qualification and trying to establish themselves at the new White Hart Lane, will most likely substantially adversely affect our GD in a negative way, Fulham perhaps couldn't care less by that time !

Basically, We are OK if Cardiff don't win any more that 3 points between now and 12th May ( realistically either Fulham or Palace ) as they are never going to make up our Goal difference advantage ?? but it is nothing less than squeaky bum time until the final day !

Try to relax and enjoy the remainder of the season !

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It will go to the last game.

good result today....so here's the thing, as a kid i always hated scrambled egg, like real retching hatred, and I can still remember the orange plastic bowl my mum put it in one day in the late 1970's as she insisted i eat the lot, it was one of the most torturous events in my life.

The reason I bring that up, is that in a couple of weeks from now it will be scrambled egg revisited as I find myself in the gut curdling situation of needing to support crys..... crys.... look, i cant actually bring myself to say it, but you know what I mean.

Imagine a man starved of anything appetising for months, and who is so close to the end, that out of desperation, even the contents of that orange bowl now seem alluring.

I think you get the dilemma, its like voting Labour to stop the Tories winning the election, like voting for France to stop plucky Lithuania winning eurovision.

It will be brief, and I pray my sins can be forgiven, but do you have any tips on how to embrace this 90 minutes of crossing over to the other side?

I thought about putting on my wife's clothes, but that does seems a bit to weird. I have an old knackered shed in my garden that's needed replacing for years, the type that's damp and with cobwebs, I am inclined to at least go and sit in for there for a bit to try and get into character? Do you think spraying a couple of queen size sheets may help?

Of course, after next weeks home game against Newcastle I could go and do my weeks shopping in the nearest Sainsbury's i can find, but as the nearest one is a bit more than 20 metres from the Amex, I wondered if instead I bought a load of stuff in the Amex clubshop but took my own Sainsbury's carriers for packing, if that would give a more authentic post match experience?....

Finally, if my wife does wonder down to the shed and sees me waving my hands around, banging a drum whilst singing plagiarised chants, i'll need a good excuse for my very weird behaviour, at least to convince her I've not joined the Hare Krishnas...........

Obviously nobody would actually choose to support Crys......Crys......... So Im guessing most are forced or compelled in some way? so what cruel twist of fate lead you to this dark place years before me? Particularly cruel uncle? Community Service? Groupon?

Many thanks in advance for your tips.

Come on Crys...........

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I’m staying confident. We beat Spurs, Cardiff lose at Fulham . . Bobs your uncle :)

Yes indeed. But think of the nerves if we lose at spurs, and Cardiff beat Fulham. We'll be level on points at kick-off. That will be real pressure....

However, in your fine scenario, add in if Southampton lose away at Watford, and home to Bournemouth - we'll also be above them with a game in hand! And when we beat Newcastle, we'll also go above Burnley (Chelsea and Man City next two games..). What are we all worrying about??

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The very worst case scenario now means Cardiff beat Palace/Fulham - and we lose our next three (Spurs, Arsenal, Newcastle)
We could then go into last game of season hoping to stay up on goal difference by beating Man City and Man Utd beating Cardiff.

The very worst case scenario.....us needing to beat city.....and ManU beating Cardiff.....???. We have as much chance of beating city as me out-Riverdancing Michael Flatley. :(

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The very worst case scenario.....us needing to beat city.....and ManU beating Cardiff.....???. We have as much chance of beating city as me out-Riverdancing Michael Flatley. :(

Well of course - but worse than that would be relegated the week before. And that’s no longer possible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sincerely hope we're safe before our next home game kicks off. Because we'll be well and truly tonked by Newcastle.

We gift wrapped them one of sports nicest trophies, the least the can do is give us a point or three.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Or a bit 'ladyboy' . . .what happens if we end up evens . . . Cardiff stay up because they beat us?

I guess that means now that come the last game of the season the person sat next to me will either be male or female.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sincerely hope we're safe before our next home game kicks off. Because we'll be well and truly tonked by Newcastle.

You’re not confident we can put in another Wolves style anti-football performance?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well of course - but worse than that would be relegated the week before. And that’s no longer possible.

Yes, yes, you, and your irrefutable facts. :rolleyes::lolol:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You’re not confident we can put in another Wolves style anti-football performance?

of course we can, but more often than not against a top 6, they'll eventually find a way through. They hit the bar and post yesterday HT, lady luck was on our side, the law of averages isnt

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Dunno. At this level it's a game of thin margins blah blah. Like the thinness of a bar. Or a post. Like yesterday, when we were saved by both. That's the pathetically thin margins that stopped NSC going into head-mental meltdown yesterday. Nevermind, maybe we'll have a shot on target v Newcastle. Rejoice! Rejoice!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
good result today....so here's the thing, as a kid i always hated scrambled egg, like real retching hatred, and I can still remember the orange plastic bowl my mum put it in one day in the late 1970's as she insisted i eat the lot, it was one of the most torturous events in my life.

The reason I bring that up, is that in a couple of weeks from now it will be scrambled egg revisited as I find myself in the gut curdling situation of needing to support crys..... crys.... look, i cant actually bring myself to say it, but you know what I mean.

Imagine a man starved of anything appetising for months, and who is so close to the end, that out of desperation, even the contents of that orange bowl now seem alluring.

I think you get the dilemma, its like voting Labour to stop the Tories winning the election, like voting for France to stop plucky Lithuania winning eurovision.

It will be brief, and I pray my sins can be forgiven, but do you have any tips on how to embrace this 90 minutes of crossing over to the other side?

I thought about putting on my wife's clothes, but that does seems a bit to weird. I have an old knackered shed in my garden that's needed replacing for years, the type that's damp and with cobwebs, I am inclined to at least go and sit in for there for a bit to try and get into character? Do you think spraying a couple of queen size sheets may help?

Of course, after next weeks home game against Newcastle I could go and do my weeks shopping in the nearest Sainsbury's i can find, but as the nearest one is a bit more than 20 metres from the Amex, I wondered if instead I bought a load of stuff in the Amex clubshop but took my own Sainsbury's carriers for packing, if that would give a more authentic post match experience?....

Finally, if my wife does wonder down to the shed and sees me waving my hands around, banging a drum whilst singing plagiarised chants, i'll need a good excuse for my very weird behaviour, at least to convince her I've not joined the Hare Krishnas...........

Obviously nobody would actually choose to support Crys......Crys......... So Im guessing most are forced or compelled in some way? so what cruel twist of fate lead you to this dark place years before me? Particularly cruel uncle? Community Service? Groupon?

Many thanks in advance for your tips.

Come on Crys...........

You OK? All we want is Crystal Palace to beat Cardiff. Nuff said.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
You OK? All we want is Crystal Palace to beat Cardiff. Nuff said.

Yes, come on - it's not such a big thing to ask in return for those six points, is it? Wanting Manchester United to beat them the following week will be just as unpalatable but I'll still cheer if it happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here