Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don`t know started in Poland and the other countries had enough of communism , wanted freedom .The EU is an economic straight jacket countries are suffering high unemployment Germany going into Recession maybe , Who is to say it will go on for decades.

I'd put you on ignore, but then again I do like a laugh.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
I'd put you on ignore, but then again I do like a laugh.

Prove to me that the EU an economic utopia then ,all the Newspapers are saying there is problems over Europe that includes the Guardian .And we are arguing over leaving or staying in this organization .Its almost harder to leave then Sky TV !.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Prove to me that the EU an economic utopia then ,all the Newspapers are saying there is problems over Europe that includes the Guardian .And we are arguing over leaving or staying in this organization .Its almost harder to leave then Sky TV !.

I don't have to prove anything, I'm ambivalent towards the EU but not about complete thick as mince bullshit lies comparing the EU to the communist bloc.

It's also very easy to leave SKY TV and not made harder by just saying that it is with an exclamation mark at the end.

And that includes the Guardian..
Jesus.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
I don't have to prove anything, I'm ambivalent towards the EU but not about complete thick as mince bullshit lies comparing the EU to the communist bloc.

It's also very easy to leave SKY TV and not made harder by just saying that it is with an exclamation mark at the end.

Jesus.

Point i`m making is it can collapse like the Communist bloc or the Roman Empire as it is a Superstate controlled from Brussels with all its laws.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Point i`m making is it can collapse like the Communist bloc or the Roman Empire as it is a Superstate controlled from Brussels with all its laws.

The EU is controlled by the collective member states whereas the USSR was controlled by the dominant country, Russia, through the use of force.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Country voted to leave, by a democratic majority.

Less than a third of the UK population. The same problem we have with general elections, except importantly you can always vote a government out. Even Thatcher thought referendum were a really really rubbish idea.

All of those people are apparently thick.

Not thick, but as a nation we are uniquely ignorant about both the workings of the EU and our own parliament and I include myself in that.

Much hilarity here that brexiteers are using the same arguments against our parliament that they did against the EU. So much for "taking back control".

You are seemingly an expert on the failings of the EU, but wouldn't you start on our system first ? Or is that next ?

What are your views on the un-elected House of Lords, the fixed term Parliament Act or the powers of the Privy Council ? Is first past the post working for you ? It appears to be delivering the same kind of Governments that everyone warned us PR would deliver.

Only the leave side lied, apparently, if you believe the dominant posters here.

That's political campaigning for you, but admit you are not stupid enough to understand where the biggest whoppers came from. It continues even after the referendum.

Rees Mogg has only just deleted a tweet of a Sun article regarding tariffs that they had to publish an apology for. Months and months later.

He still has a graphic of a graph suggesting that "most people" in the UK want "no deal". The same bullshit that Boris Johnson wrote in his Telegraph column which they will now have to publish an apology for after today's ruling. The same bullshit the Bernard Jenkin was still spouting last night on the news.

People are 'likely to die', and the remainers are certain we've all changed our minds and want unicorns.

You have absolutely no idea what you wanted and neither do the politicians you supported. Even the ERG is split down the middle.

As a "reluctant remainder", I decided not to really engage with "the question", because I agree with Thatcher on one thing and one thing only. The subject of Europe is far too complex to be put to a simple in/out referendum.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you are stupid, but I believe you have been "played", led to believe that the UKs relationship with Europe could be decided like X-Factor.

It happens. A moron is the President of the USA and a dog won Britain's Got Talent.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Less than a third of the UK population. The same problem we have with general elections, except importantly you can always vote a government out. Even Thatcher thought referendum were a really really rubbish idea.

Not thick, but as a nation we are uniquely ignorant about both the workings of the EU and our own parliament and I include myself in that.

Much hilarity here that brexiteers are using the same arguments against our parliament that they did against the EU. So much for "taking back control".

You are seemingly an expert on the failings of the EU, but wouldn't you start on our system first ? Or is that next ?

What are your views on the un-elected House of Lords, the fixed term Parliament Act or the powers of the Privy Council ? Is first past the post working for you ? It appears to be delivering the same kind of Governments that everyone warned us PR would deliver.

That's political campaigning for you, but admit you are not stupid enough to understand where the biggest whoppers came from. It continues even after the referendum.

Rees Mogg has only just deleted a tweet of a Sun article regarding tariffs that they had to publish an apology for. Months and months later.

He still has a graphic of a graph suggesting that "most people" in the UK want "no deal". The same bullshit that Boris Johnson wrote in his Telegraph column which they will now have to publish an apology for after today's ruling. The same bullshit the Bernard Jenkin was still spouting last night on the news.

You have absolutely no idea what you wanted and neither do the politicians you supported. Even the ERG is split down the middle.

As a "reluctant remainder", I decided not to really engage with "the question", because I agree with Thatcher on one thing and one thing only. The subject of Europe is far too complex to be put to a simple in/out referendum.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you are stupid, but I believe you have been "played", led to believe that the UKs relationship with Europe could be decided like X-Factor.

It happens. A moron is the President of the USA and a dog won Britain's Got Talent.

A careful and clearly expressed perspective, showing some respect to an opposing view whilst dismantling it. Thanks.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Oh dear.

I tend to post about specifics rather than generalise. Context is everything.

Green Cross Code Man, I don't prefer any newspaper. I gave up on the press over 20 years ago.

I have noticed that Green Cross Code Man often makes absurd attempts to seize the moral high ground, making smug, unsubstantiated and vacuous claims and labelling those who oppose her/his views.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
A careful and clearly expressed perspective, showing some respect to an opposing view whilst dismantling it. Thanks.

Do you think we are lucky here in the UK to not use the Euro currency seeing it was one of their ideas ? .And it is it true that a lot of countries in Europe are going into Recession including Germany ,they are not complex questions should be easy to answer .

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Do you think we are lucky here in the UK to not use the Euro currency seeing it was one of their ideas ? .And it is it true that a lot of countries in Europe are going into Recession including Germany ,they are not complex questions should be easy to answer .

Like Clapham Gull I was a reluctant Remainer with many concerns about the Union; but as a member we requested and were granted several opt-outs which I personally endorsed.
However, there is a world of difference between being in the Union exposing and challenging its deficiencies and having 'third-country' status wherein in many ways we will be competing against the European Union. As I am sure we will learn to our cost......

We will be worse off and unable to change a fundamentally good but flawed Union arrangement.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Luck doesn't come into it. Our government decided to keep the pound instead of joining the euro currency. A decision made by our government. It's called sovereignty over our own affairs. We weren't forced by Brussels or Strasbourg, which would have happened in your Soviet bloc comparison.
We already have control so silly soundbites like Take Back Control are meaningless.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well, the Brexit Party has released it’s manifesto. Will they be getting your vote?

https://youtu.be/v-xLmI352vE

They have indeed.

They seem to be attracting more support than the TIG/CUK liars and loons

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2  Fbin%2Fcc476516-5d7d-11e9-a6bc-0b6ddba9ef5d.png

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So do you want to give us just a brief outline of what this alternative is?

You've had 3 years, but I suspect it will be the normal deflection / whataboutism. It's simple, just outline this 'other option'?

The EU and the Irish are suddenly finding alternatives which rather undermines that Harder border or Customs union choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here