Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Green Man for Wembley!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if you're looking for pubs near Marylebone, John Balcombe might be good choice. its changed since i knew it but says it does ales, its situation is handy near to Baker St and Marylebone for tube and train, and you can spill out into the side street.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
To avoid all the crowds and the packed pubs selling crap, why don't people jump on the jubilee line and get off at West Hampstead, Kilburn, Kingsbury or Queensbury and go to a quieter vdecent pub near the station and jump back on the tube for 10 minutes.
Quieter pub? On FA Cup Semi Final?

Sounds a bit dull.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
To avoid all the crowds and the packed pubs selling crap, why don't people jump on the jubilee line and get off at West Hampstead, Kilburn, Kingsbury or Queensbury and go to a quieter vdecent pub near the station and jump back on the tube for 10 minutes.

THIS.

Aiming to overshoot Wembley and head for Harrow on the hill. [group of 12]

Five pubs within five minutes of the station and less than ten minutes from Wembley.

Probably heading for either the Junction or The Royal Oak if anyone else ends up that way.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

The Spurs fan at work mentioned West Hampstead if you want to split the tube journey, said there's a big pub near the station that's good and shows sport.

Personally I don't fancy the tube, that journey from baker street is horrible when you've had a few. We're planning to get the overground from Marylebone

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm just throwing it out there, The Green Man is a great shout pre-game. With BoxPark robbing us for fifteen quid, and The Globe possibly being the smallest pub out there to serve a beer, I think this is a great shout. :albion2:

Yours Sincerely,

Mr S. Sorcerer
Propreitor
The Green Man
Wembley

Indeed. Pretty sure if you go and look on the WWFC forum, there’s a new poster ‘WolvesSorcerer’ currently ‘putting it out there’ that the Green Man is THE pub for Wolves fans to drink in on Sunday.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Indeed. Pretty sure if you go and look on the WWFC forum, there’s a new poster ‘WolvesSorcerer’ currently ‘putting it out there’ that the Green Man is THE pub for Wolves fans to drink in on Sunday.

We're not as stupid as we look on NSC.... It took me exactly seven minutes to rumble him. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the WWFC lot catch on.

Now... where's me pid pad pod. Peas or custard with that? Maureen! It's gettin' a bit busy down 'ere...

les11111.jpg

Went to Queensbury before 91 game, not very quiet as there was over 100 of us???

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Tins on the train up,
Victoria wetherspoons then on to Baker Street.

Gin and Tonics on the way up- less toilet trips on a rammed train.
Anywhere apart from Victoria wetherspoons.
Avoid Green Man if you dont want to queue for two hours to get a pint.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Working in Camden this week can’t stand the place, a magnet for pierced drug addicted weirdos.

Depends where you go. For example, I doubt these people you lovingly describe live in Camden’s multi-million pound houses or work at Tony Bloom’s HQ. I guess neither do you?

I like the place although it’s becoming way too gentrified these days.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Depends where you go. For example, I doubt these people you lovingly describe live in Camden’s multi-million pound houses or work at Tony Bloom’s HQ. I guess neither do you?

I like the place although it’s becoming way too gentrified these days.
I wouldn’t live there if you paid me, shithole, each to there own though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here