Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Potentially clever by the Tories to bring in Labour wholesale, someone for them to blame when it all goes tits up!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I reckon May's Gambit is to offer up a Customs Union to Corbyn and offer up a General Election to get him to agree.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Statement any second. General election?
So jokes aside, what was the statement?

Oh, it's this one:
TM wants to come up with a joint plan with JC that they can both take to the commons and she can take to the EU next week re the future relationship. Will require the WA to be passed. Will then ask the EU for another extension.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Congratulations to Theresa May from, even now, finding just that little bit more road to kick the can down...

On the positive side, it looks like she's really, really keen to avoid No Deal.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Resignations are a certainty, hard line Brexiteers cannot now continue with the plan that May has put forward with Jezza now involved, they will also hate a further extension too.
The only choices they now have is to walk away and totally split the party between leavers and remainers.
Interesting stuff

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wonder how many?

Each one that does will enter political oblivion, just mavericks moaning about stuff until one da being fed through a straw.

Away from the party political bile in this country (including NSC) of late, I hope the vast majority of MP’s work together just for once. Leaving the SNP shit-stirrers and Right Wingers ostracised.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Potentially clever by the Tories to bring in Labour wholesale, someone for them to blame when it all goes tits up!

Not really, while we all know it already, she has just stated and admitted for the first time she cannot govern, therefore is now seeking the opposition and Parliamentary consensus rather that being forced on her by Letwin's motions.

We all know Labour voted for Clarke and Bole's motions last night, so any compromise is going to have to include those. The Tories, SNP, DUP, and Libs didn't compromise at all. Had she allowed a free vote, there is little doubt both Clarke's and Bole's would have got decent majorities. Boles is upset because he knows how many colleagues wanted to vote for what he put forward.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If Corbyn collaborates with May to pass her withdrawal agreement the Labour Party is finished.

If he doesn’t, he will be seen as the man that scuppered Brexit by 3 million traditionally Labour voters & Brexiteers in key marginals in the North and Midlands. Political writers mention repeatedly that those Labour MP’s do not want at GE just now simply because of that issue.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If Corbyn collaborates with May to pass her withdrawal agreement the Labour Party is finished.

May ceding absolute power and handing JC a hand in proceedings could well finish off the Tories too ! Rumblings from an ERG member that reaching out to JC is the final straw.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Pauline Latham (MP Mid Derbyshire), on BBC 5Live.
We're being asked to work Friday! She then went on to say it over and over again, "We're tired and now we're being asked to work Friday".
Needless to say Tony Livesey laid in to her a bit.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Pauline Latham (MP Mid Derbyshire), on BBC 5Live.
We're being asked to work Friday! She then went on to say it over and over again, "We're tired and now we're being asked to work Friday".
Needless to say Tony Livesey laid in to her a bit.

I heard that ! I wonder how she would cope with a job standing up and doing 12 out of 13 days straight ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Whatever Brexit she comes up with working with JC, we need a confirmatory public vote.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here