Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tickets Remaining for FA Cup Semi Final ***About 200 LEFT ON SALE***

When will we sell out

• Monday 25th (bronze members with 65 points)

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Tuesday 26th (all bronze members)

Votes: 25 6.9%
  • Wednesday 27th (extra 2 tickets for STH)

Votes: 97 26.6%
  • Thursday 28th (extra 2 tickets for bronze)

Votes: 51 14.0%
  • After Friday 29th and a general sale

Votes: 126 34.6%
  • It won’t sell out

Votes: 50 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I'm in the 'make sure we can get to couple of games a season camp' ironically they are usually the cup games because they are cheap and yet we still get to see them play, we can also always get tickets as no-one else wants to go.
The kids have been to the Amex and Withdean and I started going at the Goldstone.
I simply can not afford to buy membership, pay for the tickets, bus fares, train fares, food etc. I could stretch to it without having to buy the membership. Season ticket holders have the opportunity to buy 2 extra tickets and there are 3 of us.
I will still go to the club shop and buy some tat though simply as a souvenir. We may even make a tinfoil cup!!
We're all gutted we won't get the opportunity to go, however we still will have a jolly good time watching it at home! :rave:

Same as me. We are not jumping on the bandwagon because we are in a semi final. Just don't go as often due to financial pressures kids bring. Large number of Albion fans don't understand this and will just label us plastics and be happy with us having to pay a membership.

I think it is fair the club give those buying membership priority, but put seats on general sale with purchase history if there are some left.

Before the kids came along I was a season ticket holder most years.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
You're not being forced to buy membership. If someone wants to go to exactly one game a season, it is expensive if you're buying membership + a ticket for one game. Funny coincidence it happens to be a semi final? Membership exists to give people who intend to go semi regularly a chance of priority to buy tickets. It's their prerogative to do so. People complaining about spending money on membership "just for this game" are not regulars for one reason or another. There are many fans who want a seat.

But if there are tickets left, which it looks like there will be, why can’t they be sold to people without a membership who want to go to just this game. Surely that would be better than a couple of thousand empty seats?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
But if there are tickets left, which it looks like there will be, why can’t they be sold to people without a membership who want to go to just this game. Surely that would be better than a couple of thousand empty seats?

Agreed, sth’s / members have had plenty of time now to choose their seats. Anybody who knows a season ticket holder would have secured a ticket if they’d asked them, so I really don’t see the harm in the last 2,000 tickets going to purchase history.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Same as me. We are not jumping on the bandwagon because we are in a semi final. Just don't go as often due to financial pressures kids bring. Large number of Albion fans don't understand this and will just label us plastics and be happy with us having to pay a membership.

I think it is fair the club give those buying membership priority, but put seats on general sale with purchase history if there are some left.

Before the kids came along I was a season ticket holder most years.

Try ringing the club or emailing PB and grovel. If you've got a fan number you might get lucky.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
From the age of 8 in the late 70's we paid on the gate . . . . only ticketts I ever remember buying in advance at the Goldstone was Doncaster. and Hereford away. I went to most home games from 88 on. bought my first ST for Gillingham, then 5 years at Withdean . . . . gave it up due to other commitments and costs, now I'm a plastic? **** you!. I have a fan number and log into see if anythings available, but the club don't recognise decades of true support these days. It's all about money on the day.

TBH I'd rather go to the Southampton or Cardiff game than the semi agains Shitty. A trip to Waebley for a final is another matter, but it doesn't seem important to me at the moment to bust a gut and spend a fortune I haven't currently got just to go to Wembley. I'd rather go and watch Shoreham play.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There should now be a general sale for any tickets a) left now or b) that we could get, maybe another 2,000, from City's unsold blocks.

It is very important for the club to realise there are all types of fans and fan attendance behaviour. If you have followed the club for a long time, and/or go a couple of times a season, of course you should have a crack if there are tickets to be had, and STHs/members/guests have already been taken care of. What worries me is that if there is no gen sale the club might not lobby as hard as it should for extra tickets. Membership is something you buy to give yourself a better chance (as I did for the past two years), but we have had our chance and there are still people out there who want to go.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Must have been for both then. I remember that very clearly at the replay. Brighton fans went down to the lower tier at halt-time and attacked United fans.

There were pockets of them at the replay and I also remember watching the group going over the wall to attack them.

However, if you look at the footage of the actual final, the lower tier is distinctly red tinged!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

That devalues the membership and will rightfully piss off a lot of people on that scheme.

Our initial allocation has almost sold out. Lets not forget the extra 1500 that has been recently added. Club have got this right IMO. But I’m sure a lot of people, without tickets and friends to ask to buy tickets for them, will disagree.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
From the age of 8 in the late 70's we paid on the gate . . . . only ticketts I ever remember buying in advance at the Goldstone was Doncaster. and Hereford away. I went to most home games from 88 on. bought my first ST for Gillingham, then 5 years at Withdean . . . . gave it up due to other commitments and costs, now I'm a plastic? **** you!. I have a fan number and log into see if anythings available, but the club don't recognise decades of true support these days. It's all about money on the day.

TBH I'd rather go to the Southampton or Cardiff game than the semi agains Shitty. A trip to Waebley for a final is another matter, but it doesn't seem important to me at the moment to bust a gut and spend a fortune I haven't currently got just to go to Wembley. I'd rather go and watch Shoreham play.

I think that idiot won 'most stupid post of the day', always a feat on here. I'm basically in your situation but just opted to get the bronze membership. Partly because with anti social work patterns, the rare times I can go, I want to go. But you simply cannot say that someone who has invested what you and others in that position have dont deserve a crack now. General sale, with offer to take 2k of City's tickets.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That devalues the membership and will rightfully piss off a lot of people on that scheme.

Our initial allocation has almost sold out. Lets not forget the extra 1500 that has been recently added. Club have got this right IMO. But I’m sure a lot of people, without tickets and friends to ask to buy tickets for them, will disagree.

What devalues the membership is offering SF tickets to anyone with the cash to buy one for 2019-20. At least the existing members had shown a prior commitment. It could be the first Albion game for someone doing that, buying a 19-20 membership and Wembley tkt, which is nuts compared to others on this thread.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Tickets Remaining for FA Cup Semi Final *** ADDITIONAL 1500 TICKETS ****

I don’t fall into those categories and I disagree too!

The club have definitely not got it right by not allowing at least purchase history to count.

I spent many years going to games on my own and not knowing anyone with a season ticket, so I can understand that the current policy is excluding many supporters for no reason other than greed in trying to sell more memberships (that I also keep pointing out are unnecessary and just another cash grab).

Last edited:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

This.

I once paid my annual membership dues at Millthorpe Working Men's club... Doesn't mean I get lifetime entitlements.

If you want to enjoy the benefits of membership... You pay the dues. In the case of Albion it's MyAlbion/Bronze membership, really don't think it's unfair at all.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
There are a good number of people with purchase history but no membership, who would buy the tickets if given a chance, but will just watch it on the TV if not. I guess the club have made the decision that they can make more money by flogging the My Albion plus memberships, even though it will result in fewer attending the game. Poor attitude by the club.

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011

I don't see how it devalues membership. Members have had priority booking for tickets and get to choose where they go. That leaves the rest of us picking up scraps, if only there were scraps to pick up.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This.

I once paid my annual membership dues at Millthorpe Working Men's club... Doesn't mean I get lifetime entitlements.

If you want to enjoy the benefits of membership... You pay the dues. In the case of Albion it's MyAlbion/Bronze membership, really don't think it's unfair at all.

But all those people have had first dibs, as was their due. What possible reason could be there be now not to try and allow/get as many Albion at Wembley as possible? Apart from pure selfishness.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
I vividly remember bottom tier was United (some how) and remember fights in the replay as Albion fans went down for a cozy chat. We had a Man U fan standing behind us at the Replay who was dispatched over the wall at 4-0.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If all this is to be believed this piss poor by the club it really is. I hope I’m reading this wrong.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

Membership should offer priority not exclusivity. I've had a fan number from day one. I've used it for the games I have been to this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here