Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fiona Onasanya

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I was surprised that, given her position, she wasn’t jailed for longer. Lots of people talk about footballers being required to be role models - MPs should be trustworthy, even more so , Lying to the police and the court was unacceptable. She should have stood down - typically she is clinging on until, hopefully, she loses her job.
I agree entirely !

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Hmmmmmm - she didn't actually give any indication regarding why she was innocent, only repeating and repeating that she was innocent.

Absolutely, Isn't that one of the 'skills' of being a politician, waffling on for ages never answering the question?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What about this criminal ? Or is it ok as he is a Tory ???

[tweet]1109106875939913733[/tweet]

There's a few like that. Charlie Elphicke Tory MP for Dover, for example, facing investigation and suspended for alleged sex offences against two of his staff, but brought back into the HOC by Theresa May for one of her votes.

So much corruption.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There's a recall petition for Chris Davies too. There could be another by-election shortly after

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
first use of the recall rules? will be interesting to see if they become more a thing once we have seen one work.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
That's the sort of useful information so lacking in the OP's post. If she has been booted out of her own party, then a byelection should be forced. I guess.....depends on why she was booted out of her own party.....a bit of reasonable debate might be useful here....

And I'm not going to defend her. Why cling on to an MP position if expelled from your party after criminal activity? She has nothing she can bring to the table in such circumstances, representing neither her constituency (labour) nor her party (which doesn't want her), and clinging on can have only one motive - the MP salary......<sigh>

:lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I was surprised that, given his position, he wasn’t jailed for longer. Lots of people talk about footballers being required to be role models - Presidents should be trustworthy. Lying to the public and the court was unacceptable. He should have stood down - typically he is clinging on until, hopefully, he loses his job.

Fits Trump perfectly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here