Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Should be the first name on the team sheet for the rest of the season.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
When both are fit, Bissouma and Propper should be our first choice midfield partnership in my opinion.

If he continues to develop as he has done/is doing we may well end up losing Bissouma to a VERY big club, possibly even someone bigger than Sheffield Wednesday.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Bissouma and Kayal add bite and class to midfield with Proper making up a three, we would be more forward thinking.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He is excellent, but, he does make a number of basic mistakes (he hasn’t today). Can get out of position quite easily. It’s the reason he’s not playing every week. He would probably benefit from a change in formation back to 4-4-1-1 and playing in the Gross role behind Murray.

I do agree though he is our most talented player by some distance and could easily be playing for a top 6 side in a couple of years. He’s been brought along bit by bit which will benefit him in the long run. Days like today help.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He is excellent, but, he does make a number of basic mistakes (he hasn’t today). Can get out of position quite easily. It’s the reason he’s not playing every week. He would probably benefit from a change in formation back to 4-4-1-1 and playing in the Gross role behind Murray.

I do agree though he is our most talented player by some distance and could easily be playing for a top 6 side in a couple of years. He’s been brought along bit by bit which will benefit him in the long run. Days like today help.
Completely agree with you. He does lose the ball in dangerous positions. He is however an immense talent and a firm fans favourite.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
He’s obviously very talented, has a lot of technical ability and is very adventurous on the ball. Fans will obviously like him, his bravery on the ball, his confidence to take on player after player is great to watch. I do rate him, he clearly has so much potential to be an incredible player. However...defensively he is not disciplined. Tearing apart Derby, but that is far more difficult to achieve in the top flight and, more significantly, you are punished far more often in the PL. With that adventure, comes losing the ball too frequently. Being carefree on the ball puts the team in dangerous situations defensively, it puts the back 4 under pressure. He has a role to play in the team, but until he improves the defensive side of his game, just tweaks his approach and shows he can fit into a bottom half Premier League team, I can understand why he is left out of the midfield. I still believe he has the potential to be one of the best players to ever play for the Albion.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A friend who never gets to see the Albion who’s watched our FAC ties on the box, told me Bissouma stood out as quality. Interesting to get a non Albion view on the player. Bissouma is maturing quickly from the loose cannon e.g. at Anfield last August.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
He needs some shooting practice though. 9/10 of his shots end up on the A27.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Instead of whom though? If we want to pick him based on todays game, and why not, he was great, then we also have to pick Stephens who showed exactly why everyone likes playing with him. Propper has had a very good spell of games so I wouldn't drop him either, so I guess its Gross but that feels risky.

Bissouma will be great but I trust CH to bring him through at the right pace

Knocky is really the one who should have forced himself back into the first team from today's performance

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Biss is probably our only infield player who is prepared to go forwards with the ball. I like him, he is exciting, plays with a smile on his face, but he needs to learn when to shoot and when to lay it off. A disproportionate number of his efforts are way off target.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Instead of whom though? If we want to pick him based on todays game, and why not, he was great, then we also have to pick Stephens who showed exactly why everyone likes playing with him. Propper has had a very good spell of games so I wouldn't drop him either, so I guess its Gross but that feels risky.

Bissouma will be great but I trust CH to bring him through at the right pace

Knocky is really the one who should have forced himself back into the first team from today's performance

Stephens played well today, but I thought he was awful against Burnley, and I have been losing patience with him recently.

Bissouma HAS to play. So does Propper.

I'd have Stephens on the bench and probably pick Gross ahead of Kayal, but that's marginal on current form.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Bissouma our best player? Ridiculous.

He is coming on though

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here