Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5 clear, 3 to play, we are safe

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Neither Southampton, Swansea or Huddersfield will finish above us so we are safe. Let’s enjoy the last 3 games we have left and look forward to another season in the Premier League

don't know what you're on in Shropshire, but all of the above CAN , not WILL finish above us.....do the maths !!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Unbelievable ..... we’re safe, enjoy it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The really irking fact is that if Swansea hadn't had those 2 unexpected wins v Liverpool and Arsenal we'd be officially safe now.

:albion2:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Pretty confident now. And considering most people thought we wouldn't get a point from the last 5 games - and we've gained 2 already - every cause for optimism.

Agree. Key result for us was Udders losing. Southampton winning didn't surprise me if I'm honest. Swansea losing also helps.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The really irking fact is that if Swansea hadn't had those 2 unexpected wins v Liverpool and Arsenal we'd be officially safe now.

:albion2:

Hopefully Stoke can put up a fight as they can't catch us but can with Swansea.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
As I said on another thread, the Southampton win today makes me very nervous, but if I were a Huddersfield fan I would be much more nervous
Wouldn't be sad to see Huddersfield go.

Our match against them was probably the worst game of football have seen for decades, they sent Blackburn down last year, and Wagner is nearly as irritating as Smug Eddie.

Oh, and that ginger midget will be back in the Championship, where he belongs.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’m not a mathematician but the odds of Hudders, Swansea and Saints ALL getting past us must be incredible.

Exactly. Back when a lot pf people were still talking about needing 40 points sensible people (and by that I mean my mate Bob, not me) were pointing out that being as high as we were up the table was far more important. It's unthinkable that every team behind us that can still catch us will do. For a start Swansea have Stains at home.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Massive point today and the Spurs one. I want to relax but can't. This is Brighton. A team who missed out on promotion by 2 goals.

Just want Chelsea to win now.

1 goal. If we had lost 2-0 to Middlesbrough at home, instead of 3, we would have gone up!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It will take a horrible permutation of results to send us down but it could still happen.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Wouldn't be sad to see Huddersfield go.

Our match against them was probably the worst game of football have seen for decades, they sent Blackburn down last year, and Wagner is nearly as irritating as Smug Eddie.

Oh, and that ginger midget will be back in the Championship, where he belongs.

Dont get me wrong i really dislike hudds, but keeping them in the prem will make it easier next season

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dont get me wrong i really dislike hudds, but keeping them in the prem will make it easier next season

I don't dislike Huddersfield at all, but I would rather they went down, than Swansea. We know we can beat Swansea home and away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here