Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apart from the main thing (scoring)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would argue that we played worse overall in MOST of the games we've won this season. We looked MILES better than in some f the scrappy 1-0 wins a month or so ago. Proper system, all the players knew their roles, Bruno and Lopez are back. Just need Ulloa to top it off with a couple of goals. Would've won comfortably with him playing today.

Final ball, whether a pass or attempt on goal, was poor today, midfield was indecisive when attacking and generally slow to get up and support yet again. I thought Buckley's performance was noticeably weak throughout. Barnes made a mess of a back post header when unmarked, seemed to me that the one he put over the bar (knee?) came too quickly to be able to get any proper control on the finish so just one of those things. We didn't create much and didn't deserve anything more than a point.

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
I thought we were too narrow at times. Buckley kept coming into the middle so there was acres of space but no one on the right wing. We've got a big wide pitch so why not use it? Really missed Conway today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought we were too narrow at times. Buckley kept coming into the middle so there was acres of space but no one on the right wing. We've got a big wide pitch so why not use it? Really missed Conway today.
Yes Buckley is coming in more, part of the reason I have high hopes for CMS' return.

But, I do see part of that based on Bruno not pushing down the wing.
WB is easy to double up on as Bruno is never going to bomb on, a la Calde.
This seems to send WB into the middle, which helps nobody.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Given the conditions yesterday, I thought both sides played quite well. Anyone who believes Huddersfield are the worst team we've played this season (or even in the last two seasons as someone put), doesn't go to many games. They were solid defensively and looked a bit of a threat on the counter attack at the end.

In all honesty, we'd have all taken 4 points from Middlesbrough and Huddersfield so it's far from the end of the world. We need to start winning some home games but the conditions yesterday just made it random and I'm glad we've come out of the game with no injuries or red cards.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Final ball, whether a pass or attempt on goal, was poor today, midfield was indecisive when attacking and generally slow to get up and support yet again. I thought Buckley's performance was noticeably weak throughout. Barnes made a mess of a back post header when unmarked, seemed to me that the one he put over the bar (knee?) came too quickly to be able to get any proper control on the finish so just one of those things. We didn't create much and didn't deserve anything more than a point.

Fair assessment They came for a point and got it From my position it looked like Barnes hit it with his thigh Just unlucky really at that speed/velocity it was a difficult chance The header now that was a poor finish i think upson blocked the defender from getting across AB should have scored that one

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here