Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Remain would have won by a MASSIVE landslide. Of course.

As an aside, why isn't Cameron getting death threats when people like Anna Soubry and someone who started a petition are?

Oh yeah, because most people who voted to remain aren't BELLENDS.

Quite. Here is the 'logic':

To defend democracy we must leave. If you disagree you are a traitor and should die.

Simple. :shrug:

Not all Brexiters are morons. Hardly any of them, in fact. But all morons are certainly Brexiters. No doubt the various folk on here I have on ignore will use this statement to 'prove' that all the abuse in this debate comes from the remain side and, 'logically' I am wrong, and we will leave anyway so I should dry my eyes. We shall see.....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There you go again; you really must try a bit harder Westdene Seagull. When using the term emotional 'retards', I was referring to people on both sides of the argument who lack the ability to recognise the sensibilities of opposing posters.
Sorry if you took the slang, obviously offensive meaning and cited it as an insult to leave voters..... it wasn't meant that way so do stop trying to weaponise your misreadings.
I go back to my earlier suggestion - make out your case as persuasively as you can and stop cogitating over pointless insults.

I found it. They said removing freedom of movement is retarded. Not the best phrase to use, and you ended up becoming a snowflake over it (or was it fake outrage?). But, they didn't actually call anyone a retard.

Nope, you both carry on defending the use of a very offensive word ... regardless of it being slang most decent people find the word offensive. It says rather more about you both than anyone else.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Nope, you both carry on defending the use of a very offensive word ... regardless of it being slang most decent people find the word offensive. It says rather more about you both than anyone else.
I thought it was people who voted remain who were supposed to be the cry babies.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are some very polite Brexit supporters. They turned out to meet the Brittany ferry in Plymouth last night. All 8 of them despite loads of people on Facebook saying they would turn out. The police sent 7 coppers to keep order.
They set fire to some mini EU flags, but did clear up the mess afterwards.

Don't you just love them?

Despite the support from ferry passengers, Mrs Gadd admitted she was disappointed with the turn out.

"People on Facebook were saying they're coming - they but haven't turned up.

"I feel sorry for people having to grow up in this country. I'm advising my kids to leave the country - to go to Greece or somewhere."

:facepalm:

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/local-news/brexit-ferry-protest-plymouth-no-2677855

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Here you are..... I don't need to defend myself but you do need something to distract you from your sorry state and maybe cheer you up.
You seem to have a sense of humour shortfall at the moment...

https://www.facebook.com/TheIndepen...kVySdeRgpS_MtHPSOeyCD5DV8gX7vwKY8NxLu&__xts__[0]=68.ARCEZZsm2Zjh24wvj6h1Yat9vbFE76CDAIGTKH1hSXk0C2xaHi3PuLFiHU_fX7AuQElO9i0wYom-6HkngpD0AnrmhFRGO8MLbMnpt2z9OiCr_FgpHtgNd7huHty0tw3Erl7iHnyyju2elc1KW172TOe15g5bpC9u_FF5q6J3bw6s_R__fk43Wcp05J9ujT_w2CzerN2LqLilsB-UlAWKP-ac6iwvacBOgL5BuBwIMWGbUtN4L3kA8zgylSON1wX25qQRFaa_wY77K0E5blByrM8IgUXcL7gGINrpacldhxEEihgONeHUeVqn6HHAozt0jpKddgCWwtsYlQMFQWpfkUpyF3kcmg0

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I thought it was people who voted remain who were supposed to be the cry babies.

Here you are..... I don't need to defend myself but you do need something to distract you from your sorry state and maybe cheer you up.
You seem to have a sense of humour shortfall at the moment...

https://www.facebook.com/TheIndepen...kVySdeRgpS_MtHPSOeyCD5DV8gX7vwKY8NxLu&__xts__[0]=68.ARCEZZsm2Zjh24wvj6h1Yat9vbFE76CDAIGTKH1hSXk0C2xaHi3PuLFiHU_fX7AuQElO9i0wYom-6HkngpD0AnrmhFRGO8MLbMnpt2z9OiCr_FgpHtgNd7huHty0tw3Erl7iHnyyju2elc1KW172TOe15g5bpC9u_FF5q6J3bw6s_R__fk43Wcp05J9ujT_w2CzerN2LqLilsB-UlAWKP-ac6iwvacBOgL5BuBwIMWGbUtN4L3kA8zgylSON1wX25qQRFaa_wY77K0E5blByrM8IgUXcL7gGINrpacldhxEEihgONeHUeVqn6HHAozt0jpKddgCWwtsYlQMFQWpfkUpyF3kcmg0

No that's fine ..... I'm sure you're both comfortable using the words spastic, n1gger, mong, poofter and various other offensive words.

All of which are really funny and show I lack a sense of humour and am a snowflake.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Why is it always Brexit supporters who are threatening (or actioning) violence?

It's like Will Self said the other week. Not all Leave voters are racist, bigoted morons* but all people who are racist, bigoted morons voted Leave.

And that's true.

*Some good friends of mine voted Leave and they are neither racist, bigoted or morons. Just mistaken. Before any **** jumps to the wrong conclusions.

It isn't.

Police investigate death threats against Brexit supporters

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...igate-death-threats-against-brexit-supporters

'This time next year, you'll be swinging from a rope'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...es-chilling-death-threat-fellow-Remainer.html

Nadine Dorries: Thuggery. Abuse. Threats

https://www.conservativehome.com/pl...-brexiteers-defence-when-we-were-victims.html

Brexit voter died after brutal attack by Remain supporter in row over EU referendum

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...uropean-union-remain-manchester-a7362956.html

A BREXIT protestor was threatened with being thrown over a bridge by a Remainer in a foul-mouthed standoff.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...est-violence-remain-theresa-may-jeremy-corbyn

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No that's fine ..... I'm sure you're both comfortable using the words spastic, n1gger, mong, poofter and various other offensive words.

All of which are really funny and show I lack a sense of humour and am a snowflake.

No, it is not criminal as some of the words you have used there.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gammon

The first known usage of the term 'gammon' to describe the complexion of men of an overly-jingoistic fashion dates from as far back as 1838 in a description of Mr Gregsbury, a Member of Parliament, in Charles Dickens' novel, Nicholas Nickleby.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Reckon the half and half scarf sellers will do a roaring trade with leave/remain scarves with all the tourists round London today ahead of the march.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So which revoking version is it angry little man?
The revoking version as per the petition “Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU”. That version that some remoaners want where Brexit is killed dead, no more talks, no more votes just kill it off and remain as per previous membership
Or is it the other revoking version mentioned by other remainers where we revoke Article 50, get rid of the current deal and instead look at other alternatives and options for leaving and re-invoke A50 later but with a bonus option when voting to remain in.
Which confused remoaners are telling the right version?.

Someone is certainly getting a little confused. Maybe you are new to this thread so I'll give you an explanation of some of the terminology used.

If someone wants to revoke Article 50, stay in the EU and forget leaving completely - They have traditionally been known as REMAINERS

If someone wants to revoke Article 50, to look at alternatives and then re-invoke at a later date - They have traditionally been known as LEAVERS

Hope this has cleared it up for you, and I think if you stick with this tradition you may find it less confusing :)

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
A very good journalist who does her job extremely well on most occasions. Shameful that she needed a bodyguard at the Labour party conference in Brighton .... such a brave bunch these Corbynistas.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A very good journalist who does her job extremely well on most occasions. Shameful that she needed a bodyguard at the Labour party conference in Brighton .... such a brave bunch these Corbynistas.

That also happened to Nick Robinson when covering Scottish independence, threats from nationalists.

Disgusting, when scummers resort to violence or threats of violence, over politics (or anything).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
With that in mind, is the likely conclusion a customs union type exit? Will the other 27 nations allow that, when they want to discourage other members ever leaving?
Given that they allow those deals with others, it would be pretty bad not to allow it.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Don't flounce; it just makes people laugh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here