Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Official Albion v Manchester City FA Cup semi-final planning thread Sat 6th April, 17.30pm

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
OK, so as a supporter of 40+ years attending a few times a season, including FA Cup games, I have no opportunity to buy a semi-final ticket without paying a £25 booking fee ('membership'). Oh well. Seems like a blatantly cynical reason to sell a few more 'memberships', and at the same time further weaken the bond between the club and its fans. An individual that never attends matches, can pay to be a 'member' and buy a semi-final ticket. Priority is purchased.

I agree , there should be a period for those with a purchase history that are not members before STHs get 2nd dibs.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Well I've now booked me and my son MyAlbion+ memberships for next season, just so I can try and book us seats come next Tuesday. Not happy about having to do that but if that's the only way to get tickets then so be it.
My thinking is that, we can't guarantee when we'll be going back there again, I was there in '91 and at the Millenium in '04 so it could be years until we get back there!

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Well I've now booked me and my son MyAlbion+ memberships for next season, just so I can try and book us seats come next Tuesday. Not happy about having to do that but if that's the only way to get tickets then so be it.
My thinking is that, we can't guarantee when we'll be going back there again, I was there in '91 and at the Millenium in '04 so it could be years until we get back there!
I'd rather do StubHub or Viagogo

Find it easier to be ripped off by a stranger than a "friend"

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
and me. Was checking for myself and wife.

Will we have a choice where we sit?

I don't know. I am in same boat.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
OK, so as a supporter of 40+ years attending a few times a season, including FA Cup games, I have no opportunity to buy a semi-final ticket without paying a £25 booking fee ('membership'). Oh well. Seems like a blatantly cynical reason to sell a few more 'memberships', and at the same time further weaken the bond between the club and its fans. An individual that never attends matches, can pay to be a 'member' and buy a semi-final ticket. Priority is purchased.

We have 23,000 or so STHs, any one of whom will have the opportunity to buy an additional ticket or two (subject to availability) on Wednesday. I'd be extremely surprised if any long term Albion fan such as yourself, doesn't have lots of friends that are STH, who could potentially help them out.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I live in Liverpool and have been to every ground in the NW over the past 25 years, Rochdale, Wrexham, Preston, Chester etc. The 'Scouse Seagulls' have fan numbers and purchase history, but we don't have a membership as I'm not really sure what the benefits are if you only go to 2 or 3 games a season. As I refuse to fork out £100+ for membership for everyone we will all wait and and try and get tickets via STHs from 2pm on the 27th. So my question is why not allow a life long fan with a fan number and purchase history the same benefit as a friend of a STHs and then actually post the tickets out to the people they will be bought for, instead of said STH forwarding tickets to friends.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
We have 23,000 or so STHs, any one of whom will have the opportunity to buy an additional ticket or two (subject to availability) on Wednesday. I'd be extremely surprised if any long term Albion fan such as yourself, doesn't have lots of friends that are STH, who could potentially help them out.

That’s not the point tho . Actually really pissed me off that they are making fans buy memberships to get tickets . Hope the club are happy making a few extra grand .

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes, I assumed that but what does Club Wembley provide? A free programme, slightly better position, lounge and then a ton each for grub or something like that?

Sat in Club Wembley for a concert and they are good views, no additional benefits that I can recall, shorter queue’s for drinks and toilets.....

Not much more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
The whole 'Membership' thing is getting out of hand. So, this one fixture will see a massive rise in the number with Membership, potentially de-valuing the advantage when it comes to getting tickets for future games. There'll be so many, that I can see an introduction of different levels of membership, costing more, just to keep ahead of the pack. I've got a ST thankfully, but I really feel for people that don't and have this to deal with. Plus I also feel very sorry for people with 'just' purchase history, who may very well have attended more games than some ST holders that miss loads of games.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I live in Liverpool and have been to every ground in the NW over the past 25 years, Rochdale, Wrexham, Preston, Chester etc. The 'Scouse Seagulls' have fan numbers and purchase history, but we don't have a membership as I'm not really sure what the benefits are if you only go to 2 or 3 games a season. As I refuse to fork out £100+ for membership for everyone we will all wait and and try and get tickets via STHs from 2pm on the 27th. So my question is why not allow a life long fan with a fan number and purchase history the same benefit as a friend of a STHs and then actually post the tickets out to the people they will be bought for, instead of said STH forwarding tickets to friends.

Yes I think it is a fair question for PB. Seagulls over Alba are likely in the same boat, Seagulls Downunder and all the other far-flung supprters groups, official or otherwise.

However I am sure we can all band together on here and help out

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
That’s not the point tho . Actually really pissed me off that they are making fans buy memberships to get tickets . Hope the club are happy making a few extra grand .
Just don't buy the membership, I'm not. I will wait until 2pm on the 27th March and ask my STH friends to buy me 4 tickets. Just a shame I can't buy them direct and have them posted to me in Liverpool.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Totally agree with this. Surely people with purchase history this season but no membership should get a chance to get them before STH get their +2 tickets? I say this as a STH that wants +2 tickets but had assumed we'd be bottom of the pecking order.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Sat in Club Wembley for a concert and they are good views, no additional benefits that I can recall, shorter queue’s for drinks and toilets.....

Not much more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't afford the posh area, but just out of interest, are you allowed to wear replica tops etc?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Yes I think it is a fair question for PB. Seagulls over Alba are likely in the same boat, Seagulls Downunder and all the other far-flung supprters groups, official or otherwise.

However I am sure we can all band together on here and help out
Yes hopefully everyone who wants to go will be helped by STHs, but it does beg the question why can't fans with fan numbers and purchase history just buy tickets direct from 2pm on the 27th.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset

Quite right. I’ve been to well over 200 Albion games in the last 6/7 years but don’t currently have a ST and have never needed a membership. I am unable to buy myself a ticket and need to rely on others to get me to Wembley.

Doesn’t seem right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here