Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Brom v Albion live on BBC

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm trying to imagine how Auntie Beeb came to the conclusion that Albion v Albion would be the game to show live to millions of hardcore football fans .

View attachment 104209

Oh great, thanks for that.

I'm now straight back to having their version of Putting on the Ritz', as an earworm.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
No problem

giphy (44).gif

I'm trying to imagine how Auntie Beeb came to the conclusion that Albion v Albion would be the game to show live to millions of hardcore football fans .
It might appeal to the half and half scarf merchants.

Carbon Workshop.....I get so excited just thinking about it...��
Glad Sully explained it. As Brum is a metal-bashing area I presumed it was a small racing bike manufacturer.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
here it is:
Albion have been handed a bumper allocation for the Emirates FA Cup fourth-round tie at Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday, January 26 (ko 3pm).

The Baggies have been granted 4,300 tickets for the south-coast trip.

Tickets are priced £15 adults, £10 over-65s and under-21s, and £5 under-18s.

Tickets are available to both home and away season ticket holders in person, online, or by calling 0121 227 2227.

Members can purchase seats via the same outlets from Wednesday, January 16.

Tickets will go on general sale on Friday, January 18.

Subsidised coach travel will be available for £20 per person.

I bow to your superior finger work. The 'deal' for the Bolton televised game was 'buy one match ticket get one free'. Coach was £17.
Worth pointing out though how cheap everyone's coach travel is compared to ours.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The play-off final in 1991 was on the TV I thought? Not sure which channel, possibly TVS.

also I remember a terrible league match against Bournemouth in the 1990s, almost certainly not BBC though.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The play-off final in 1991 was on the TV I thought? Not sure which channel, possibly TVS.

also I remember a terrible league match against Bournemouth in the 1990s, almost certainly not BBC though.

What channel was the 91 playoff final against Notts Country on?

It probably wasn't even on live - we were pre-Sky saturation at that point. Highlights on ITV at 10.45 I'd wager.

[MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] is right; the 1991 Play-Off Final wasn't televised live. This is confirmed by a little snippet in the Albion home programme against Blackpool on September 16 1995 referencing the live game that was to take place the following weekend at Bournemouth:-

Meridian.jpg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just phoned up for my tickets and the asked the very kind lady on the phone how they were selling as she described sales as 'brisk' so far.

Would be great to get a really big travelling audience for this one, show the nation how good our support is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here