Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A difficult season ahead

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Surprised it hasn't been mentioned, but I actually expect Palace to struggle next season.

Either Wan-Bissaka or Zaha will leave (maybe both), and I think Woy will struggle to command the dressing room for a third season (we've seen how eventually players just get bored of the same voice), so will probably get the boot before Christmas. They may stay up ultimately, but do think they'll have a poor start yet again.

Your whole assumption is based on the, apparent certainty that palace will lose one, or both, of two players.

And as for your comments regarding Hodgson, why not compare his record in Swedish football to that of your new manager?

And finally, having a truly shit start to the season, we have pretty much owned that stat.

For six years now.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I think some teams will be there or there abouts next season.
It’s a funny old game y’know [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
To at least run long spells of home games, and even some away from home.

Quite feasible with better ACM’ers. Watford, West Ham, Newcastle, Burnley, Stains, Bmuff all achieved just that. Each with a very handy CM trio.

How do I know? ..... I saw them all do that against us, plus watching a fair few PL matches on the box.

I think we need better teamwork and passing which goes from the back right up to the front. Better ACM can certainly be part of that. I see our forward purchase as the 'biggie' though and instrumental to our success. We cannot have GM plodding through another season or Andone or Locardia as lone target men. I just do not think it will work.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Next seasons premier league looks like one of the strongest yet, definitely the strongest we’ve been in. The teams getting promoted are no push overs, villa are a sleeping giant, and if given financial backing this summer will be very strong with players like grealish and mcginn. Sheffield United and Norwich are possibly on paper the weakest teams, but have a strong togetherness and good managers, whilst also having tidy players. The bottom half of the table teams also are all looking strong. Southamptons new manager has them playing again and is said to be given a lot of money this summer. Newcastle with a possible new takeover and an outstanding manager. Burnley are possibly the weakest remaining team, however, this is said about them every year and every year they surprise people. I believe if hughton had stayed then we would’ve sleep walked into relegation, how many of those teams would we realistically finish above with hughton in charge? Potter is a risk, but a risk which needed to be taken.

The thing thats going to make it even tougher, tougher for the rest, is Brighton having an excellent season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we need better teamwork and passing which goes from the back right up to the front. Better ACM can certainly be part of that. I see our forward purchase as the 'biggie' though and instrumental to our success. We cannot have GM plodding through another season or Andone or Locardia as lone target men. I just do not think it will work.
I have a hunch that might, just might, be the reason the Albion have a new manager.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All we need then is to sign a couple of midfielders to run the show in PL games. Straightforward hey ? Not a chance mate. We will not be running many shows next season.
Yes, of course it's all we need. We don't need a manager, we don't need any plans, we don't need some of the players to play better - we just need to spend lots and lots of money - got it?

Geez.....!

:facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, of course it's all we need. We don't need a manager, we don't need any plans, we don't need some of the players to play better - we just need to spend lots and lots of money - got it?

Geez.....!

This. As I said, we watched the centre midfield 3 of Newcastle, Bmuff, Watford runs games or long spells in games, so why not us with the right players and manager?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
You sound like the Grim Reaper.

OP caught on camera...

the-salmon-mousse.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One thread being slightly pessimistic about our upcoming season does not mean that I support palarse :wink:

But you do though, don't you, though :kiss:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill

Geez.....!

Wrong idea mate.... again !!!! we cannot afford a couple of midfielders to dominate PL games.....that is not going to happen. got it... geez !!!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wrong idea mate.... again !!!! we cannot afford a couple of midfielders to dominate PL games.....that is not going to happen. got it... geez !!!!

So how are Stains, Newcastle, Bmuff, Burnley, Palace, West Ham, Watford all able to achieve that, for significant spells in matches?

Because they have quality CM three’s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here