Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think the firearms officer is gonna have a part to play. After Corbett ran off following the stand off between him and Arnott, the firearms officer then had a short but totally unnecessary scene in the office with Hastings where he was telling him stuff the audience and Hastings already knew. They were on first name terms. I reckon he'll feature somehow. Or not.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Having now caught up with season 5 I have to disagree imo it’s not as well written as the other 4, whether that’s because I’m conditioned now to high octane drama now I don’t know but it hasn’t left me wanting more. I might give Looming Towers a go this week!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Having now caught up with season 5 I have to disagree imo it’s not as well written as the other 4, whether that’s because I’m conditioned now to high octane drama now I don’t know but it hasn’t left me wanting more. I might give Looming Towers a go this week!

Good call.

Binge watched this a few months ago.

Spoiler alert. Al Quaeda win.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
lod.JPG

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What was the money thing about the with ex cop? Was that a loan or a bung?
If Hastings truly is bent to the extent he is working with crooks, he can't have been doing it for long if he still living in a cheap hotel.
Hastings lost all his savings in some resort that was going to be built but was a con job. The ex copper said he was working for a company that wanted to restart the project but that in order to do so they had to refund those who had lost money in the original scheme.

It's obviously another con in order to have some dirt to hold on Hastings.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove

The Looming Tower is absolutely shocking imo...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hastings lost all his savings in some resort that was going to be built but was a con job. The ex copper said he was working for a company that wanted to restart the project but that in order to do so they had to refund those who had lost money in the original scheme.

It's obviously another con in order to have some dirt to hold on Hastings.

But when they met in the bar, the ex copper seemed to suggest that Hastings needed to provide some additional investment in order to get his money back, 100k? Or did I misread the conversation?

Either way - Hastings appears to be in a very compromising position at the moment, and I have no idea what's going on with the laptop he got rid of.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But when they met in the bar, the ex copper seemed to suggest that Hastings needed to provide some additional investment in order to get his money back, 100k? Or did I misread the conversation?

Either way - Hastings appears to be in a very compromising position at the moment, and I have no idea what's going on with the laptop he got rid of.

Yes it was 100k and they could even provide a line of credit for that amount...I can’t see how that could be the cash in the envelope...but it was a fair number of £50’s......whatever way it would seem to be part of setting up Hastings

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes it was 100k and they could even provide a line of credit for that amount...I can’t see how that could be the cash in the envelope...but it was a fair number of £50’s......whatever way it would seem to be part of setting up Hastings

That block of £50 notes could have totalled 100k I suppose. So, if they have provided a line of credit, does that suggest that Ted has borrowed from 'them' in order to sort out his finances and attempt to fix his marriage?

There's some key facts missing at the moment, as Hastings' behaviour doesn't tally with what we know thus far, unless he IS the top corrupt copper.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That block of £50 notes could have totalled 100k I suppose. So, if they have provided a line of credit, does that suggest that Ted has borrowed from 'them' in order to sort out his finances and attempt to fix his marriage?

There's some key facts missing at the moment, as Hastings' behaviour doesn't tally with what we know thus far, unless he IS the top corrupt copper.

I’m pretty sure that wodge is the 100k ..is he being set up or is it a red herring ...with the news earlier in this thread about another character..i’d Go for him being set up and being relieved of his command ...I don’t believe he is H ..the series is built on Hastings Kate and Arnott

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I’m pretty sure that wodge is the 100k ..is he being set up or is it a red herring ...with the news earlier in this thread about another character..i’d Go for him being set up and being relieved of his command ...I don’t believe he is H ..the series is built on Hastings Kate and Arnott

Could he be undercover and trying to get at the organisation from a different angle?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Hastings going to the prison to see Lee Hunter (?), was to get word to the OCD that Corbett was an UPO, in revenge for the attack on his Missus. If he was H, he wouldn’t have had to take the risk, he could have just told Luse in one of their on line chats.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hastings going to the prison to see Lee Hunter (?), was to get word to the OCD that Corbett was an UPO, in revenge for the attack on his Missus. If he was H, he wouldn’t have had to take the risk, he could have just told Luse in one of their on line chats.

Either way, if that's what he did, he's stepped over a line himself, surely? He must have known how things would transpire once he blew Corbett's cover.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Either way, if that's what he did, he's stepped over a line himself, surely? He must have known how things would transpire once he blew Corbett's cover.

He was absolutely seething cos of the attack on his wife, and when Steve didn’t shoot Corbett in their stand- off, he knew he had to get him some other way.
He has crossed the line, but, I don’t think H would have had to run the risk of exposing himself by going to the prison. I think this will come into play more in the last 2 episodes.

Stumpy Tim

With all the money problems, Hastings can't be H... he wouldn't be having money problems if he was a top gangster.

Hastings will be the good guy in my opinion. We're being fed information that suggests he's bad, but it's a diversion IMO

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have a theory how this might play out.
Hastings is stitched up, and’ proven’to be H.
The next series, Kate and Steve go out to prove his innocence, Hastings is exonerated and re- instated, the last series, they track down the real H.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here