Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
.... and there's the argument for those happy to see him go.

But that's the issue! How many of those "days" will he give us? There is is no guarantee that a new manager and a different approach to games is going to address his inconsistencies and suspect temperament. He can delight and infuriate in equal measures. He's had difficult issues off the field and the club and fans have tried to support him. However, in this business there is no room for sentimentality. The best players in the premier league are those who are consistent and turn up every week. To try and avoid another relegation battle Albion can't afford too many luxury players.

I would love him to do well as he can be brilliant. However, if the right offer comes he will have to go and he will be a great buy for a championship club.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Knocky is one of the most naturally talented players that we have at the club, if not the most. However I despair at the regular poor decision making which so often makes this a wasted talent. For me the poor football brain now outweighs the natural talent and I would be sad to see him go but feel that a move away into the Championship would benefit both him and the Albion. I will cherish the fantastic memories that I have of the good Knocky moments and that goal against Palace is one that I'll never forget.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
But that's the issue! How many of those "days" will he give us? There is is no guarantee that a new manager and a different approach to games is going to address his inconsistencies and suspect temperament. He can delight and infuriate in equal measures. He's had difficult issues off the field and the club and fans have tried to support him. However, in this business there is no room for sentimentality. The best players in the premier league are those who are consistent and turn up every week. To try and avoid another relegation battle Albion can't afford too many luxury players.

I would love him to do well as he can be brilliant. However, if the right offer comes he will have to go and he will be a great buy for a championship club.

I agree, I have to say I think he can have a negative impact on the team and his momentary lack of focus, at times, worries me. Personally I think a very good Championship player, glimpses of brilliance in the Premier League but at £15m I'd take it!

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

How many of those days will he give us ?
Answer more than March Izzy or the new guy fact !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think it says a lot that the club most likely to take Knocky is a Championship club. There's nothing stopping other Prem clubs offering us and him a better deal but it doesn't appear anyone is.

I think the only prospect of him delivering regularly in the Prem is at the Albion and under the right coach, and because I love Knocky I would have liked to have seen what Potter could have gotten out of him. However, if that isn't going to happen then we have to take the £15mill and move on.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
How many of those days will he give us ?
Answer more than March Izzy or the new guy fact !

But that's exactly the point about us having too many " might just do it " players in the squad. Izzy, Knocky and March and AJ are all in that category. However, TLD only one of those attracting interest is Knocky add any funds for him might just be used to strengthen the squad. I'd love him to stay and flourish but will it happen? I really hope so.

Not sure how you can say fact for the " new guy "

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
But that's exactly the point about us having too many " might just do it " players in the squad. Izzy, Knocky and March and AJ are all in that category. However, TLD only one of those attracting interest is Knocky add any funds for him might just be used to strengthen the squad. I'd love him to stay and flourish but will it happen? I really hope so.

Not sure how you can say fact for the " new guy "

Agree mostly with regards new knocky done two seasons in prem new guy Belgium league ? Been down this road before fingers crossed for him though
But £15 mill for me would b a joke of a fee double that and I might consider it

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We sold Knockaert
Anthony Knockaert . . . .

(sorry)

That does raise a valid point.

We only have 2 songs, this and Ole Bruno. :lol:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I will keep saying this but why, with our current attacking options would we sell. We would be left with an injured Izzy, equally inconsistent march and unproven trossard, ali j and jugs. Are we that desperate for money that we need to accept the offer. And let's be frank I have zero faith in any proceeds being spent wisely based on recent evidence.
We could just say no to the offer.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just a read through this thread makes me think about how unrepresentative of Brighton fans NSC is. No player we have has a song sung as loud and as genuinely by our supporters, (ie the ones at the matches) than Knockeart.

I reckon the Brighton supporting public are wholly behind Knocky and want him to stay. The subset of NSC .. much more divided

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just a read through this thread makes me think about how unrepresentative of Brighton fans NSC is. No player we have has a song sung as loud and as genuinely by our supporters, (ie the ones at the matches) than Knockeart.

I reckon the Brighton supporting public are wholly behind Knocky and want him to stay. The subset of NSC .. much more divided

Depends more on the song than the player. Ulloa's was belted out as it was easy to sing and catchy, same as Bissouma. Not necessarily to be confused with any popularity.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I will keep saying this but why, with our current attacking options would we sell. We would be left with an injured Izzy, equally inconsistent march and unproven trossard, ali j and jugs. Are we that desperate for money that we need to accept the offer. And let's be frank I have zero faith in any proceeds being spent wisely based on recent evidence.
We could just say no to the offer.

The problem this attacking option scores 3 or 4 goals a season and with his "antics" concedes a couple too, so the return isn't great, add in a couple of red cards and pointless bookings (just imagine if that Palace early doors tackle had been a red, we'd be in the Championship now) and I think you see that £15m is a very good price for the player.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
The problem this attacking option scores 3 or 4 goals a season and with his "antics" concedes a couple too, so the return isn't great, add in a couple of red cards and pointless bookings (just imagine if that Palace early doors tackle had been a red, we'd be in the Championship now) and I think you see that £15m is a very good price for the player.

A not great return but still better than the sweet fa we got from jugs,ali j and an injured izzy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here