Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] EU Elections. Where is your X ?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
What this indicates to me, as I've felt since the referendum, is that the result clearly indicates "Out, but only just out". Which puts us in the EFTA / EEA camp.

Agreed - IMO it means there is certainly no appetite for a no deal Brexit - but there is no appetite to remain either.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Image19.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not quite sure how you're trying to spin that, since there certainly seems to no majority to remain?

latest Euro Polls:

[MENTION=36357]Bri[/MENTION]tainelects
May 18

European Parliament voting intention:

BREX: 34% (+34)
LDEM: 17% (+10)
LAB: 15% (-10)
GRN: 11% (+3)
CON: 9% (-15)
CHUK: 4% (+4)
UKIP: 3% (-24)

Remain Parties 32%
Leave Parties : 37%

Obviously those figures (32% and 37%) don't include the Conservative (majority to leave, say 2/3 so add another 6% to Leave figure?) or Labour vote (majority to remain, say 2/3 so add another 10% to the remain figure?)

That would give

Remain : 42%
Leave : 43%

But - as you well know - we can't combine different types of Leave. That's the entire point.

No Deal has a vote of 34/37%. Nowhere near a majority. So it's not "the Will of the People".

What next? A very, very soft Brexit would appear the fairest, and least divisive way forward.

Of course, voting demographics suggest very strongly that if we do actually leave the EU we'll just end up rejoining in about 10-15 years, on much worse terms than we left.

So all a massive waste of time and money. Great. What's for lunch?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fortunately lactose is one of the few things he's not intolerant of

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Fortunately lactose is one of the few things he's not intolerant of

I think we can all agree it’s a shocking indicator of the way the country is headed, if people cannot even campaign to implement a democratic result without being assaulted the country really has gone.
Let’s just hope the individual who attacked him feels the full weight of the law, I believe the precedent is 28 days in choky.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Shock! Horror! Greens accept PayPal donations.

paypal.png

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think we can all agree it’s a shocking indicator of the way the country is headed, if people cannot even campaign to implement a democratic result without being assaulted the country really has gone.
Let’s just hope the individual who attacked him feels the full weight of the law, I believe the precedent is 28 days in choky.

You are of course aware that a No Deal Brexit will likely lead to the death of innocent Brits abroad, due to them losing access to vital life-saving medicine overnight, correct?

When you realise that, a milkshake seems pretty tame in comparison.

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
Not sure why leavers are voting for a Brexit party. How dim are they?? I guess they are terrified of another referendum. No clue why they would be so scared either, as they keep telling everybody that they would win a 2nd Referendum anyway. Does the 'Brexit' party outline what sort of Brexit they want, or is it more fudging?
Played one won one drawn none...... move on

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Brexit Party to get somewhere just shy of 30% of vote. They'll claim vindication.
Combined remainer vote to be roughly the same. They'll also claim vindication.
Tories & Labour embarrassed. They'll continue to ignore the existence of the election.

And absolutely nothing will change for the June return of the zombie Withdrawal Agreement which again won't pass.

Cue 2nd referendum and "betrayal of democracy" on one side and "That's the real quiz" on the other.

May as well throw some shoes over a pub roof and see if they land on the other side.
Amounts to the same thing and it's very democratic.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Not quite sure how you're trying to spin that, since there certainly seems to no majority to remain?

latest Euro Polls:

[MENTION=36357]Bri[/MENTION]tainelects
May 18

European Parliament voting intention:

BREX: 34% (+34)
LDEM: 17% (+10)
LAB: 15% (-10)
GRN: 11% (+3)
CON: 9% (-15)
CHUK: 4% (+4)
UKIP: 3% (-24)

Remain Parties 32%
Leave Parties : 37%

Obviously those figures (32% and 37%) don't include the Conservative (majority to leave, say 2/3 so add another 6% to Leave figure?) or Labour vote (majority to remain, say 2/3 so add another 10% to the remain figure?)

That would give

Remain : 42%
Leave : 43%

What this indicates to me, as I've felt since the referendum, is that the result clearly indicates "Out, but only just out". Which puts us in the EFTA / EEA camp.

Agreed - IMO it means there is certainly no appetite for a no deal Brexit - but there is no appetite to remain either.

But - as you well know - we can't combine different types of Leave. That's the entire point.

No Deal has a vote of 34/37%. Nowhere near a majority. So it's not "the Will of the People".

What next? A very, very soft Brexit would appear the fairest, and least divisive way forward.

Of course, voting demographics suggest very strongly that if we do actually leave the EU we'll just end up rejoining in about 10-15 years, on much worse terms than we left.

So all a massive waste of time and money. Great. What's for lunch?

Agree with pretty much of all the above.

The extremely broad and ambiguous 'leave' option may be, just about, still more popular than the specific remain as is option.

However, no current specific version of leave has the will of the people behind it.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Which part didn't you understand? Or do you think the Minister for Health was joking?

I don’t understand your embarrassing hysteria.
You know full well the 4th Reich is never going to allow us to leave, we’re a colony now, subservient, we know our place, apparently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here