Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Ep4 was horrific. Can’t even be arsed to list the brainless plot holes and story arcs. Waited 2 years for this nonsense. So annoyed.

I wouldn't go that far (horrific) but it wasn't very good.

I am tempted to stop watching and wait for the books :)lolol:) so that I don't spoil the overall ending and read the story told 'properly'. I wont though!

Whenever the TV series has deviated from the books , or moved ahead, the story hasn't been as good, now it is becoming more noticeable, and now that it is at the end more of an issue.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I wouldn't go that far (horrific) but it wasn't very good.

I am tempted to stop watching and wait for the books :)lolol:) so that I don't spoil the overall ending and read the story told 'properly'. I wont though!

Whenever the TV series has deviated from the books , or moved ahead, the story hasn't been as good, now it is becoming more noticeable, and now that it is at the end more of an issue.

Same with the dialogue too. When they’re taking from the books, it’s superb. Away from the books it’s very pulpy and far too modern sounding a lot of the time.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I've purposely not read any of the books and will wait until this series is over before I do. I try not to go looking for plot-holes and just enjoy the ride, and I'm enjoying the ride very much this series (although if Sansa gets any hotter I may have to start taking propranalol). The only thing that, for me, has definitely waned somewhat in the last two series is the quality of the dialogue, which is a shame. It's still outstanding TV though, love it.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Same with the dialogue too. When they’re taking from the books, it’s superb. Away from the books it’s very pulpy and far too modern sounding a lot of the time.

I am watching from the start with the missus to bring her up to speed, as she only started watching from about Season 5.

The difference in quality of the script and writing is huge. You can feel Martin's version of the characters and their motivations coming out with every sentence. Very little is wasted and pretty much everything said means something. I'm noticing things I completely missed first time around.

Season 7 and 8 has been so sloppy.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yet could’ve easily ended the whole series by just shooting a crapload of arrows and ballistas at Dany’s delegation. Proper Bond villain stuff to let her live for no reason whatsoever.
I was very surprised she didn’t wipe them out there and then, it could have been finished in seconds, will Grey Worm make her regret it?
What’s the chances that Brienne has to face off against Jamie in the forthcoming feud?

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I enjoyed the episode and much prefer the political intrigue to the hard to follow battle of episode 3.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yet could’ve easily ended the whole series by just shooting a crapload of arrows and ballistas at Dany’s delegation. Proper Bond villain stuff to let her live for no reason whatsoever.
Qyburn did say that Cersei had a particular fate in mind for Daenerys - so perhaps that wasn't to be an arrow pin cushion ?

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I love the stories, but I find GRRM's writing extremely clunky and often fairly dull. The TV series improved on it while it was following the books, it almost felt like a new draft of the books. Season 5 is where things went a bit wrong, particularly around the Dornish storyline, and the dialogue suffered from not having GRRM's words to improve from.

I think the mention of Highgarden and Dorne in the last episode suggests rallying the rest of the Seven Kingdoms against Cercei. Dorne under the new Prince, The last of the Iron Islands under Yara, the Stormlands under Gendry and Edmure Tully's (if he comes back) Riverlands will join the Northern and Vale soldiers on the Kingsroad, or meet at the gates of King's Landing.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So no one thought to let Dani Know that Cerci had weapons that could take down a dragon on every ship and every turret in Kingslanding. RIGHTO.

I know its always been fantasy but it had an element of realism, now we are just expected to believe everything we are told and not to question anything. Turning into a load of gash.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
This season has been pretty poor so far. Pity if it had to finish like this.
Screenshot_20190507-133123_Twitter.jpg

I love the stories, but I find GRRM's writing extremely clunky and often fairly dull. The TV series improved on it while it was following the books, it almost felt like a new draft of the books. Season 5 is where things went a bit wrong, particularly around the Dornish storyline, and the dialogue suffered from not having GRRM's words to improve from.

I think the mention of Highgarden and Dorne in the last episode suggests rallying the rest of the Seven Kingdoms against Cercei. Dorne under the new Prince, The last of the Iron Islands under Yara, the Stormlands under Gendry and Edmure Tully's (if he comes back) Riverlands will join the Northern and Vale soldiers on the Kingsroad, or meet at the gates of King's Landing.

What about house Glover! Always up for a row!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pretty confident now that Cersei will kill Dany, but that the Starks will have the last laugh - although we will probably lose a couple of them too.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
**** me dead mate .....why don't you write a 40 odd episode epic and see how you get on .....unless you're on a swoosh in which case....:D::wave:

The writers and producers had 5 books to go off and the series was a roaring success. If they didn't think they could at least get close to that quality when they lose their backup writing then I don't know why they even bothered. For what it's worth, GRRM the author of the books can't even finish the epic book series and the writers on here have murdered it brutally by having a crack themselves. I think its fair to be heavily disappointed with the piss poor writing.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Pretty confident now that Cersei will kill Dany, but that the Starks will have the last laugh - although we will probably lose a couple of them too.

Dany seems to have lost her confident swagger. She's turned into this vulnerable woman.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dany seems to have lost her confident swagger. She's turned into this vulnerable woman.

Probably because the vast majority of her closest allies have been destroyed.

Dothraki - GONE
Unsullied - mostly GONE
Jorah the Explorer - GONE
Missandei - GONE

All in two episodes. She's gonna go off the rails big time. Might even end up Dracarysing some "good" guys...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Probably because the vast majority of her closest allies have been destroyed.

Dothraki - GONE
Unsullied - mostly GONE
Jorah the Explorer - GONE
Missandei - GONE

All in two episodes. She's gonna go off the rails big time. Might even end up Dracarysing some "good" guys...

i think she's going to lose the plot and do something daft.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here