Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere today

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You are a cheerful chappie, the second half atmosphere was great once March came on and the team started to actually string a few more moves together.

I was commenting on the first half. We have just gained 1 point in 12 on home games v bottom sides, cheerful chappie? I refer you to Father Jack.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Few groans could be heard from the TV (and from mcmanaman lol) when we passed backwards after going 1-0, understandable though. Sounded great when we pushed on from around the 60th min onwards. Glad there was no booing (that i could hear) at half time too.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The first half was the worst atmosphere I can remember.

You could hear the murmurings of 5,000 conversation rather than any chanting. Reminded me of Stamford bridge until their third.

The second half was different gravy.
Solly changed the mood and dragged the team with him.
I've said it before but when the west Stand get involved it is a hell of a noise.
They started an Albion chant mid way through the second half that was as good as the Sheff Wed playoff.

The players responded to that I have no doubt of that.

Good to see the team remember how to attack.
Significantly better in the 2nd half

What ever happened to the We're the north stand / We're the west stand Brighton boys chant!?! Used to sound brilliant when it got going. In my mind it was sung a lot until 3 or so years ago!?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Few groans could be heard from the TV (and from mcmanaman lol) when we passed backwards after going 1-0, understandable though. Sounded great when we pushed on from around the 60th min onwards. Glad there was no booing (that i could hear) at half time too.
90% of the crowd had gone for a pint 5 mins before half time

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

You watched on tv yet couldn’t hear the loud chorus of boo’s at half-time? McManaman gave you a few minutes warning for the oncoming boo’s at the half-time whistle.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You watched on tv yet couldn’t hear the loud chorus of boo’s at half-time? McManaman gave you a few minutes warning for the oncoming boo’s at the half-time whistle.

I was at the game. There were plenty of boo’s at HT, but far fewer than against Bmuff and Cardiff. Today immediately followed by clapping the team off.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Its a lot better than silence though, isn't it?

I sit in the NS. There’s plenty of singing, before and during the game. But when game after game, opponents start giving us a footballing lesson, supporters get that resigned feeling. Even the mighty Mags, with their northern passion and grit, were deadline silent after we equalised until final whistle.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Are you the fella with white hair, telling people to “support the ****ing team or **** off home”
Getting a bit sick of fans at each others throat's in the North. Fair enough everybody's got their thoughts on the game, the team and the manager. But said it before, say it again, Your Fellow Fan Is Not Your Enemy.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Are you the fella with white hair, telling people to “support the ****ing team or **** off home”

Nope, I sit/stand there just about every game now in a state of detached bemusement, trying to watch the game, while this scene plays out all around me. Sad it should have come to this as a direct result of our failings on the pitch.

#together my arse.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Nope, I sit/stand there just about every game now in a state of detached bemusement, trying to watch the game, while this scene plays out all around me. Sad it should have come to this as a direct result of our failings on the pitch.

#together my arse.

You certainly aren’t the only one, I think I actually laughed out loud at one point in the first half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here