Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What did we learn from last night 28.08 2018

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Locadia should be on loan, not Hemed.
Locadia needs gametime and experience of English Football. Hemed is a better like-for-like replacement for Murray than what Locadia is IMHO.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Locadia should be on loan, not Hemed.
Locadia needs gametime and experience of English Football. Hemed is a better like-for-like replacement for Murray than what Locadia is IMHO.

Hopefully there is a recall clause in the loan should Murray get seriously injured.

Has the club acted in a player's interest in the case of Hemed rather than self interest? Would seem unfair to limit the 31 year olds game time in the twilight of his career given what he has given the club since his arrival. We have a great team spirit, and perhaps you retain that by doing the right thing by players in certain circumstances. I hope we don't regret it, but pleased that he has also settled so quickly at the Os.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You would say the exact opposite to any opinion just because you can.

That is not true as I posted last night that I thought that he was poor and am just maintaining my opinion. It beggars belief that CH could have considered him a better bet than Schellotto unless there are things that we dont know about ES

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I learnt that not wanting to win this competition means we won't see any silverware in our trophy cabinet during the next 20 years plus.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The thing I learnt was the obvious difference between a squad that have been in the premier league for 6 years compared to one in there for a year.

They made 10 changes, the same as us, yet their side looked so much stronger and more experienced than ours.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Despite the support from him on here, I’m worried about Locadia.

Despite arriving in January for a big fee, he still hasn’t managed to get in the team.

Sure, some of that is to do with Murray but Glenn hasn’t been fantastic in every game but Chris has still played him as the lone striker when fit.

I, for one, thought Locadia would start at Watford but he didn’t. By all accounts Murray was poor in that game but Chris still kept him for the Man U game - the right decision I know but even so.

The fact many of us are worried if Glenn gets injured tells its own story. I guess we see signs we don’t like.

Really hope I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Would have been interesting to have seen Gyökeres and Locadia switched as the former seems to have the physique and ability to lead the line as a lone forward.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Having been at the game I now feel more confident that Locardia can play up front on his own. At times he was strong and held the ball up well. To me he looks Premier league standard which Hemed never did.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Either way he is not as good as Kriul or Maenpaa so perhaps they should have spent the money securing them again or as it is I would rather they pushed Steele but then I am not at training.

I’d suggest that you go and have a little read of the Norwich and Bristol City fans’ opinions. Both of our departed keepers have had very unconvincing starts at their new clubs.

Krul let in two howlers on Saturday, and the (non playing) staff that I was working with at Ashton Gate last week, described Meanpaa as like ‘having a lump of wood’ in goal, such has been his lack of agility.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Would have been interesting to have seen Gyökeres and Locadia switched as the former seems to have the physique and ability to lead the line as a lone forward.

I agree and thought it was strange that this didnt happen.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Despite the support from him on here, I’m worried about Locadia.

Despite arriving in January for a big fee, he still hasn’t managed to get in the team.

Sure, some of that is to do with Murray but Glenn hasn’t been fantastic in every game but Chris has still played him as the lone striker when fit.

I, for one, thought Locadia would start at Watford but he didn’t. By all accounts Murray was poor in that game but Chris still kept him for the Man U game - the right decision I know but even so.

The fact many of us are worried if Glenn gets injured tells its own story. I guess we see signs we don’t like.

Really hope I’m wrong.

To be fair to Murray, he worked hard at Watford but got no service, either from March or Knockaert, who were embarrassingly poor on the day or the midfielders, who were overrun.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I’d suggest that you go and have a little read of the Norwich and Bristol City fans’ opinions. Both of our departed keepers have had very unconvincing starts at their new clubs.

Krul let in two howlers on Saturday, and the (non playing) staff that I was working with at Ashton Gate last week, described Meanpaa as like ‘having a lump of wood’ in goal, such has been his lack of agility.

Suggest Norwich and Bristol C fans have a look at their respective defences first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here