Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] **** England v Australia, 1st Specsavers Ashes Test, Edgbaston. Official match thread ****

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Tremendous brand work being done by the umpires IMHO to emphasise the need for regular eye tests during the Specsavers Ashes

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hilariously poor effort from England for 1.5 days now.

Radical rethink required or we going to get properly spanked over the course of this series.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Radical rethink required or we going to get properly spanked over the course of this series.
This might be controversial, I know he is loved by fans, but I think we should drop Anderson.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A poser for all the cricket experts on here. Who is there on the county circuit good enough for England and can bat for more than 30 mins with out trying to hit out as per T20.

Certain posters were quick to say I was ruining this thread with my lack of knowledge so I post a sensible question but none of the experts have come forward with suggestions.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

It's like they only have it in them to play for one day . . .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Certain posters were quick to say I was ruining this thread with my lack of knowledge so I post a sensible question but none of the experts have come forward with suggestions.

To be fair, [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] isn't online and he's the one I'd trust to answer you sensibly. You should ignore the others as they are behaving like gobshites.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I don't think there is. We actually batted very sensibly in the first innings and got ourselves into a strong position with them 3 down quite early on in the second still well in defecit. Just a poor day's bowling yesterday has cost us the game, and it won't have helped being a strike bowler down.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The most radical we got was Root moving to 3.

Not including outright pace was a mistake. Not including a wicket taking spinner was a mistake.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Did enjoy the brief coverage on the BBC news this morning when they asked what England could do about Smith.

The answer was
Jofra Archer

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Another wasted review.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think there is. We actually batted very sensibly in the first innings and got ourselves into a strong position with them 3 down quite early on in the second still well in defecit. Just a poor day's bowling yesterday has cost us the game, and it won't have helped being a strike bowler down.

Not really true if you ask me. Day one we let them off the hook, day three we bowled appallingly (Moeen in particular), day four we've shown absolutely no application in batting out the draw. This will be over before tea.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here