Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris Hughton leaves with immediate effect

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I agree - my comments about Bloom came from the fact that some are arguing that Bloom was acting in the best interest of the fans and the club - he isn't - he is playing the odds as he always does and acted in a way he considered to be in the best interests of his investment. If he needed the money in the morning he wouldn't think twice about driving the club into the ground if he felt it was in his interest to do so.

What the ****?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The point, which you seem to have missed, is that Everton never have been a "bottom half team".

They WERE TWENTY YEARS AGO which was the statement. We weren't talking about Everton in their entire history. We were talking about TWENTY YEARS AGO hence me referring to how they were getting on TWENTY YEARS AGO.

There can't be two of you this mad.

20 years ago they were FIRMLY a bottom half premier league team. They finished 15th, 16th, 13th, 14th , 17th and 15th in 6 consecutive years.

THAT IS THE BOTTOM HALF.

Please stop now. This is madness.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I agree - my comments about Bloom came from the fact that some are arguing that Bloom was acting in the best interest of the fans and the club - he isn't - he is playing the odds as he always does and acted in a way he considered to be in the best interests of his investment. If he needed the money in the morning he wouldn't think twice about driving the club into the ground if he felt it was in his interest to do so.

:ban:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've read some bordering-on nasty drivel over the last couple of days - but congratulations, you take the award for the most ill-judged, ill-informed, self-opinionated crap in that time. And you've been up against some stiff competition.

I shouldn't indulge you, but all Bloom has EVER done, is do what he thought best for the club. And given it's his own money (not debt against the club), he is unlikely to ever make decisions that will "run it into the ground".

You clearly know very little about Brighton as a club, or about Bloom (not many do), so take your narcissistic twaddle as far away from here as possible, you are embarrassing yourself.

Isn’t he a fan of a rival club and only here to shite-stir (jealous of TB’s immense standing)?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
With a username like that, he's obviously a Liverpool troll - still bitter over Sunday, who has gone to great lengths (by digging up bad history) to stir up shit.

Hopefully he's banned very soon.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Not acting in the best interests of the club. Ok then.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Snakes Alive !

That's some agenda bursting through there. I wonder what club you support.

Either Stains or Muff.

He's a Southampton fan, isn't he?

Just looking back at some of his previous posts; you can't argue he doesn't know his football :lol:

On Shane Duffy (this season's Player of the Season), posted on Aug 5 2016:-

Despite the fact that Duffy is Irish - I actually don't rate him - he is prone to stupid mistakes (and was responsible for both French goals in the Euros). Duffy is decent in the Championship but not any upgrade for Brighton if the ambition is promotion. ..

At least he is consistent(ly wrong) - posted on June 12 2017:-

Duffy is rash and reckless - he needs an experienced CB with him in the PL or at international level to keep him in line (and if he had O'Shea instead of Long with him last night Ireland would have won).. PL strikers will eat him alive if he doesn't have it.

And on Maty Ryan, posted on August 19 2017:-

I said when Brighton bought Ryan that he wasn't good enough - a third string keeper at Valencia easily passed out by an 18 year-old. Said that my brother-in-law, who is a season ticket holder at the Mestalla, thought Ryan was a terrible buy - woefully inconsistent. For the same money Hughton could have signed Darren Randolph - a keeper who does have issues - but who has experience of the Premier League and has terrific reflexes and can haul in a cross.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Going to be interesting if a new manager comes in and continues to rate Stephens.

Unless we’re appointing someone with the coaching ability of Pep, Klopp or Poch and their ability to dramatically improve a players ability and performance, I don’t think we need to worry about that.

I would recommend people listen to Monday’s Totally Football Show podcast. Some very fair and balanced comments on the situation from intelligent neutrals who know what they’re talking about, not just the usual soundbite bollocks from the talkSport types.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
He's a Southampton fan, isn't he?
Wrong again

Just looking back at some of his previous posts; you can't argue he doesn't know his football :lol:
No problem admitting it - Duffy has developed into a decent CB - he is still a bit reckless but the guy has worked hard.

I would also give Hughton a lot of credit for developing him as a defender - he was very rash and reckless when Brighton bought him.

As for Matt Ryan - I still don't rate him - there are better goalkeepers playing in the Championship.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Wow.

Is someone going to ban this Palace tosspot then, or what ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here