Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Agreed.
But we showed we can do it, and we have done it in the first half of the season.
Mentally we are far from strong enough, a very important part of the squad, maybe if we could improve in the mental strength and bring in a couple of top players with that mental ability, then we will do better next season.
It's all a confidence thing, losing quickly becomes a habit as does winning.

Agreed but at the start of the season there is always another game to fall back on, but when you are at the tail end that isn’t really the case. A couple experience top players would do wonders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Exactly. Played without fear and had a go, without being stupid in any way. Got a point at a big club.

Whereas, we played at Spurs with absolute rigidity, though the players were superb - but when the deck was breached it was too late to grab an equaliser.

I don't think anyone expects us to play like Man City or even Norwich. We just have to change the mindset from "don't concede" to "keep it tight but let's try and get on the scoreboard".

And "These are a good side but we can beat them, and will be set up to do so"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do you agree with all of the points, some of them, or none of them?

Someone has recently posted on irony. I suspect that its appreciation is a bit like one's ability to roll the tongue, metabolise acerylcholine analogues at a reasonable rate, and spot the difference between red and green.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I just woke up, great result and going by the sporting life write up we could have nicked it. Got to go to work but will read match thread and watch replay when I get home.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Walking through King's Cross on the way back to catch a circle line tube there was an Arsenal fan in front of me, normal street clothes and their red/white stripes scarf, mother and child close by and the boy shouts out 'look mum there's Wally' :lolol::lol::laugh::clap::bowdown:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Walking through King's Cross on the way back to catch a circle line tube there was an Arsenal fan in front of me, normal street clothes and their red/white stripes scarf, mother and child close by and the boy shouts out 'look mum there's Wally' :lolol::lol::laugh::clap::bowdown:

Nothing like the rest of the gooners wallies wearing half n half scarfs:shootself

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
....and then there was the conversation between Arsenal supporters overheard on the the train home to Brighton “ I’m an Arsenal fan and I live in Brighton. I went to see Brighton against Newcastle last week and they were really poor. We should be hammering sides like Brighton”. May be, but you had two chances this season and failed. I just chuckled at the arrogance of followers ( can’t call them supporters) of these so called top teams who think they have a god given right to be in the top four each season........but oops, they will finish only 5th, how sad, what a disaster. Oh and don’t bother to watch us next season when your first choice team is playing at an inconvenient location and /or is simply failing to live up to your expectations which, based on yesterday’s performance, is highly likely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here