Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Age verification ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Yep in the news,another great idea from HM government. Give it week or two before a meltdown. Too much money involved.:dunce:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It is a great idea that will NOT deter a techy clued up, and horny teenager from finding what they want. But... it will stop a number of accidental viewings from very young children. That is good.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i minor, creeping, infringment of our world, that wont do much to address problems intended.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Any kid that knows about VPNs will subvert this instantly. How long then before VPNs are made illegal?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
The internet is still firmly in the 'Wild West' stages, and will be for some time yet.

Where theres a will, there's a way - and teenage boys will no doubt have a lot of willpower... :smokin:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Agree....I know its supposed to be about protecting kids but is that not parental responsibility?.

Yep I agree so too. Parents make little effort these days though. Still whatever my parents did I still managed to dodge most rules. There in lies the problem. Government nanny thinks she/it/he/trans knows best I guess.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Going to have a big impact on the gambling industry as well and probably piss a lot of people off. You won't be able to have a bet or withdraw any cash until your account is verified. Even free competitions such as super six will be affected.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
You can see the writing on the wall after the EU article 13 ruling, then here in the UK. Tim Berners-lee must be thinking this wan't about governments and control.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
It'll surely just encourage both children AND adults to peruse the dark web, where all the really nasty stuff can be found?

I've always fancied having a look on this dark web, just out of morbid curiosity - like poking your head over a fence when it says 'no trespassing'. I've always stopped though as some things which are seen cannot be unseen, and I'm mindful of that.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Going to have a big impact on the gambling industry as well and probably piss a lot of people off. You won't be able to have a bet or withdraw any cash until your account is verified. Even free competitions such as super six will be affected.

Oh dear, how will we possibly cope !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here