Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dale Stephens. Discuss...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Same old, same old . Everyone slates Stephens because he doesn't hide. Keeps making himself available, keeps trying passes, keeps trying to get a tackle in when others are standing by watching. He should be applauded for that, not slated.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So you really think he isnt a top championship player? Even tho we was desperate to keep him after promotion and a premier league club being very keen to buy him, failing with 3 bids. Ok mate you clearly know more than the coaching staff of Burnley and the Albion.
Also I can label it as an over reaction as that is my opinion, like you have yours.

No I don’t, nor do you. If he was the best then maybe a few other clubs would have bid for him...hmm? Anyway your opinion, mine just came without a barrel of sarcasm. Not as if it was that outrageous, plenty of people agree with me. The only over reaction is yours.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Apart from the fact our record without him in the championship was relegation form?

You’re really struggling with differentiating between top and good aren’t you? So typical of today’s black or white, right or wrong binary yoof.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
No I don’t, nor do you. If he was the best then maybe a few other clubs would have bid for him...hmm? Anyway your opinion, mine just came without a barrel of sarcasm. Not as if it was that outrageous, plenty of people agree with me. The only over reaction is yours.

No I dont know more than the coaching staff but to say he isnt a top championship player is clearly clueless. Yes a few dont rate him on here but lets be honest not many people actually have a clue about football and what goes on beyond picking 11 players (me included). He came 2nd in the players POTS last year and even had an under23 player stick up for him last week, they are people in the know.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Maybe. Thing is I remember frequently being frustrated by Stephens in the champ and kept being told he was unsung, only notice when not playing etc. But I never saw it myself. I guess I saw his limitations more than his abilities. That and my sense of what he should be as a central midfielder I.e. a lot more ball player than breaker.

I think you've summed up a number of Stephens's detractors thinking there. And it's really frustrating.

People have an idea of what they think he should be, disregarding what he actually is and is in the team for. They then notice when he doesn't match those false expectations and use it as proof that he's no good.

Judge him on what his role in the team is and how he performs it. If he does it badly, fair enough, criticise him but don't criticise him for not doing what he's not supposed to do.

Who says that Schindler's List is a shit film because it's not very funny?

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Player plays well ... NSC treat as a god.

Player plays like a donkey ... abused by NSC.

It is completely in their power to control the conversation!

Not for every player:

Stephens plays well - a few of us praise him, many more pile in that they just don’t rate him.

Stephens plays badly - the lynch mob get the moment they’ve been waiting for.

Not the first time - Barnes, Baldock, Hemed, March, Murray had/have a large contingent waiting to blame them for poor results.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Only one struggling here is you chap.

Wrong again. You believe I think he’s crap because that’s the opposite of top I.e. your inability to differentiate. And cut the patronising chap stuff. As bad as people calling strangers fella and mate. Grief.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think you've summed up a number of Stephens's detractors thinking there. And it's really frustrating.

People have an idea of what they think he should be, disregarding what he actually is and is in the team for. They then notice when he doesn't match those false expectations and use it as proof that he's no good.

Judge him on what his role in the team is and how he performs it. If he does it badly, fair enough, criticise him but don't criticise him for not doing what he's not supposed to do.

Who says that Schindler's List is a shit film because it's not very funny?

Spot on.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Not for every player:

Stephens plays well - a few of us praise him, many more pile in that they just don’t rate him.

Stephens plays badly - the lynch mob get the moment they’ve been waiting for.

Not the first time - Barnes, Baldock, Hemed, March, Murray had/have a large contingent waiting to blame them for poor results.

Except the first scenario never happens because he's cr*p!

dandanthebrightonfan

Jan 29, 2012
BN14
To defensive as is the whole team, he and propper have gone backwards since the new year as have the whole team, I find it difficult to pick out individual players for criticism as its a team game and the whole team have been shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here