Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion secure Wembley HQ for semi final.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It was... alright.

Bit cheeky charging for access to half of it (not upstairs) and forcing men to share one toilet.

Should have been free as it is for Watford fans tomorrow.

Also, DJ Phats was a QPR fan when I spoke to him - admittedly a while ago. Another bandwagon jumper?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Great fun I thought - club must have spent a fair bit on the "decorations" all around the place.

It's the first time I've been to a Boxpark and really like the concept generally. Food was easy to get throughout, and there was rarely more than a few minutes to wait at the bar too. Between us, we had sushi, a Pad Thai, a chicken burger with sweet potato fries and a veggie burrito and they were all very good, and not too badly priced all things considered.

The toilets was the obvious issue. I know [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] said the big advantage of his hospitality option turned out not having to queue for the gents, so I'm assuming that having the hospitality area meant that toilet capacity for us peasants had been cut in half as a result.

We didn't go back afterwards, even though we had bands for it. Any reports from anyone who did return there?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Great fun I thought - club must have spent a fair bit on the "decorations" all around the place.

It's the first time I've been to a Boxpark and really like the concept generally. Food was easy to get throughout, and there was rarely more than a few minutes to wait at the bar too. Between us, we had sushi, a Pad Thai, a chicken burger with sweet potato fries and a veggie burrito and they were all very good, and not too badly priced all things considered.

The toilets was the obvious issue. I know [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] said the big advantage of his hospitality option turned out not having to queue for the gents, so I'm assuming that having the hospitality area meant that toilet capacity for us peasants had been cut in half as a result.

We didn't go back afterwards, even though we had bands for it. Any reports from anyone who did return there?

The queue was pretty long for people waiting to get back in, as we were in the other queue for the tube!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

We did go back afterwards to allow time for the post-game queues to subside (which worked a treat). Highlight was some guy coming into the tapas restaurant hotly persued by six bouncers, four of whom were required to subdue him and chuck him out the back exit.

It might have helped if they’d told everyone that the entrance to the building after the game was going to be in a different place to the one used before the game!

We had a great time in there, and, yes the absence of queuing time for the gents was both notable and welcome... :smile:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought it was pretty good. Decent venue, good atmosphere, fantastic choice of food and drink (had a curry, very tasty and so much I couldn’t eat it all). Even the entry charge was almost negated by the free pint. Yes the bog queue was a bit long but nothing disastrous. Would happily do it again.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Bizzarly .Your point about toilets is a valid one. There was only one toilet upstairs as well. OK less people using them but still an issue. You are correct. The concept of it was superb. And even though there was segregation. The fact that it was an open balcony allowed the players to take a bow later in the evening and for the fans to show their appreciation for the journey the lads had taken them on and the fans did good showing that

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Really enjoyed Boxpark, well done to the club on this one.

Shame about the queue for the gents...

You'd have been quicker nipping out and going into Starbuck's opposite. For any Wolves or Watford fans dipping in for some tips for tomorrow, the code for the loos in Starbucks is Y03918.(Although I think they just uncoded the door in the end).

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Apart from a lack of toilets, £10 entry very well spent. As far from ‘corporate bollocks’ as you could imagine. Well played.

Bucharest49

May 12, 2014
yes i went back after but did not stay long as it was to busy no were to sit and many hangers on got in some how the players turned up later upstairs they were ,,

4BB07FE3-2DA5-441E-BE55-2F39528A8FD2.jpeg

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
almost perfect : loved every minute apart from when i needed a wee!

yes i too would do it again and recommend to all sorts : perfect for families for example and perfect to meet up as we did

but also for those of us coming in from pubs in London :
got there in time to be welcomed by the legend who goes by the name of Tony Bloom,
that was my highlight but loads of other great moments

anyone have an email address for the location so i can write and ask about my glasses and case which i am 99.9% sure i left there
Beer was fine, company magic, good mix of entertainment / Music
didnt try the Food but tose who did around me seemed happy enough

as i wrote already : can recommend
and will do it again next season when we get to the Semi

and the decoration was very very very good: someone had put a lot of thought into that from the huge sign outside to the signage and pictures inside
well done whoever was responsible for all that

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Really enjoyed it. Would go again.

The unisex toilets were bizarre though, saw one fan quite put off that grown men were going into the same toilets as his daughter.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
yes the free chip reduced the entrance to 4.50 for us too which was more than ok
and a pint was cheaper than in The Globe earlier
but i guess that´s hardly worth a mentiont!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Got VIP tickets upstairs via a mate. Was excellent before and after. CH and Bruno in stage after and players on the balcony opposite. Got photos with my daughter and Duffy, Stephens, Murray and Sidwell. Just added to the magic of the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here