Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World's Hardest Creature XII - Coming Soon(ish)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
That is the generally accepted definition, yes. And viruses cannot reproduce - not without a living cell host

Are we not obligate parasites of Gaia?
Ergo dependent on our cell host?

(I do not buy into any of this bollocks).

Right, mitochondria? If it's got mitochondria it's in.

How's that?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
What are we running on nowadays? Respiration = living? Metabolism? Krebs cycle? Mitotic division?

I say, if it multiplies .... It's living .... and shoot the ****er.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Frankly, I'm not sure there even needs to be a vote this time around. #TeamTiger has such momentum early doors, it's a real campaign of the people. Time to recognise the ferocious fella in full glory, he's not one to be tickled.

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
WHEN?

The people can't be kept waiting much longer, it's getting ridiculous now.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Frankly, I'm not sure there even needs to be a vote this time around. #TeamTiger has such momentum early doors, it's a real campaign of the people. Time to recognise the ferocious fella in full glory, he's not one to be tickled.

You're having a larff. My Jaguar would have your tiger and do 100 press-ups and physical jerks afterwards to boot. You're a dreamer.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Only 5 creatures have made it through to (i.e. been nominated and seconded for) the WHC and failed to register a single vote.

These are:

Weaver Fish
0_Weever-Fish.jpg

Nautiloid
1200px-Nautilus-JB-01.jpg

Moray Eel
Fimbriated-Moray-gymnothorax-fimbriatus-Bangka-Island-indonesia.jpg

Horse Fly
horsefly-bites-136419861331802601-170725155434.jpg

Fossa
fossa-adult.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Only 5 creatures have made it through to (i.e. been nominated and seconded for) the WHC and failed to register a single vote.

These are:

Weaver Fish
0_Weever-Fish.jpg

I trod on a Weaver Fish once. It was f**king painful I can tell you, so I am absolutely delighted it is suffering utter the HUMILIATION of failing to register a single vote. The little twàts.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Barnacles are hard creatures. Literally takes more than a sledgehammer to knock them off a rock. Ugly ********* too. Gotta be a contender surely?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I trod on a Weaver Fish once. It was f**king painful I can tell you, so I am absolutely delighted it is suffering utter the HUMILIATION of failing to register a single vote. The little twàts.

I can confirm, they are ****ing ******** but they justify me owning a pair of 'crocs' in case I ever have the urge to go shrimping.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You're having a larff. My Jaguar would have your tiger and do 100 press-ups and physical jerks afterwards to boot. You're a dreamer.

I don't even know what fantasy world you're living in! But instead of responding to your reasoned suggestion, I'm fighting back by going low. Here's you ferocious beast!

Jaguar.JPG

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
Evening all. Well it's almost that time again. Many of you will be thrilled, some of you will be heartily cheesed off but there's no denying that the annual WHC contest has become an NSC essential.

As I'd mentioned in my overly sentimental new year post, I'm quite busy these days, as I'm running two jobs concurrently. With this in mind, I'm not going to be able to roll out WHC XII until mid-February rather than its usual January slot. I'm sure you'll all get over this delay but if any of you are so impatient for animal based barneys then you're more than welcome to kick it off. Failing that: sit tight. The creatures will be scrapping shortly.

Before then, I wanted to take a moment to get your views on a few WHC format issues. All of these were touched on last year, so I thought I'd see what the consensus was before this year's contest begins.

Weekday polls
Weekendgate upset many of you last year. Am I to assume that polling should only take place Monday to Friday?

Poll length
How do we feel about poll length? 2 days? 3 days? More?

Public polling
Much has been made about the pro and anti badger brigade in the past. A couple of people have suggested public polls as a means of seeing just who is voting for who. Do we care enough about this?

Seeding
A perennial WHC chestnut. Should the competition retain its essential knock out format or would you all prefer something a little more Wimbledonish?

Thoughts please...

'Mid February'. IT'S THE 28th FEB FFS.

Shame on you. Shame on you.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looks like this is having a year off, like the Glastonbury festival sometimes has.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I was wondering when somebody might notice.

Some of you may know that alongside my day job I moonlight shooting for Sussex Sport Photography. This means that I'm currently on a stretch of working 18 out of 19 days. I'm also trying to squeeze in training for the Brighton Marathon so things are a little... busy?

It's coming. Honestly. Just need to clear a couple more items off the "to do" list.

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London

Some of you may know that alongside my day job I moonlight shooting for Sussex Sport Photography. This means that I'm currently on a stretch of working 18 out of 19 days. I'm also trying to squeeze in training for the Brighton Marathon so things are a little... busy?

It's coming. Honestly. Just need to clear a couple more items off the "to do" list.

Fantastic, so you'll be free to get started in 2 days then. Looking forward to it.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Fine words doth butter no parsnips.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Looks like this is having a year off, like the Glastonbury festival sometimes has.

But that is like TB/PB/CH telling us all that the club are having a year off and not going to field a team next season.

WHC is a true fixture and MUST happen (although I am no way offering any organisational input! - greatest respect to those who make this event possible!).
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]... the banner will need changing to reflect that no creature is "hard" this year... Seagulls win by default.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here