Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When did we last concede 4 goals in one half ?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Was it 1974 when we lost 2 - 8 to Bristol Rovers ?

There must be another more recent game when we capitulated so badly ? I hope they are really ashamed of themselves today .

We used to be good at defending . Whats going on?

Can't recall if they were all in the same half but pretty sure we were 2 up against Sheff Utd (?) at Withdean and lost 4-2.

Remember there also being a near riot and the police came out with batons holding back the crowds from lynching the ref!

[Nod to [MENTION=6891]chimneys[/MENTION] who did beat me to this!]

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Middlesbrough at home...it pissed down and people were moved from the east/ chicken run into the north stand...it may have been a cup game

I seem to remember losing by 6

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I remember being 3-0 down to Walsall at half time roughly 10 years ago, and the manager (can't remember who) substituting 3 defenders at the break.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
As a counter argument when did we score four goals in one half? Norwich at home in our promotion season, when we won 5-0. The year before when we scored four against Leeds in the first half .

I think we were 5-0 up at half time when we beat Charlton 7-0?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I remember being 0-3 down in a boxing day game at Gillingham (Colchester??) and coming back to draw 4-4. It was probably my favourite Gillingham game - although the bar wasn't exactly set high in those seasons.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
In the 90/91 season we lost 6-1 away at Oldham - yes Oldham. I'm pretty sure they got two thirds of those goals in the 2nd half.

Bang on. 2-0 at half time. Plastic pitch and an Andy Ritchie hattrick iirc

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Was it 1974 when we lost 2 - 8 to Bristol Rovers ?

There must be another more recent game when we capitulated so badly ? I hope they are really ashamed of themselves today .

We used to be good at defending . Whats going on?

Do you live in a Monastery and ''self flagellate'' ?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Can't recall if they were all in the same half but pretty sure we were 2 up against Sheff Utd (?) at Withdean and lost 4-2.

Remember there also being a near riot and the police came out with batons holding back the crowds from lynching the ref!

[Nod to [MENTION=6891]chimneys[/MENTION] who did beat me to this!]

And Ivor Caplin came on the wireless at the end of the game and said he was going to bring up Ref Phil Prosser’s performance in Parliament 🙈

To which Steve Coppell replied, in Hawesy’s interview, “Shouldn't he (Caplin) be concentrating on other things, like World Peace?”😂

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
And Ivor Caplin came on the wireless at the end of the game and said he was going to bring up Ref Phil Prosser’s performance in Parliament ��

To which Steve Coppell replied, in Hawesy’s interview, “Shouldn't he (Caplin) be concentrating on other things, like World Peace?”��

Prosser was appaling. Still the worst ref I have ever seen. Blades scored a penalty and he patted the kick taker on the back. The Ref actually celebrated with one of the teams..! Stunning behaviour.

The one and only football game my ex-wife ever went to. She was scared to death at the end.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Sheffield United at Withdean October 2002 springs to mind. Identical situation, 2 nil up at half time, and after an 18 minute 4 goal blitz by the Blades we lost 4-2!!

Oh yeah I remember that. We thought we were finally going to win a game that season and then they smashed us. Remember listening on the radio. Who was their big guy that scored all the goals?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here