Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] MotoGP is dangerous

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
And Moto2, although on less powerful bikes, is just as dangerous without your competitors resorting to this ....

[video]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/45467475[/video]

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ban for life.

If that even ENTERS your brain, then you shouldn't be riding.

He has decided he is doing that way in advance, which is scary.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I raced motorbikes for 10 years and the worst I experienced was accidental contact, banging of fairings, type thing and the only time you ever took a hand off the handlebar was to make a hand gesture or adjust the steering damper.

What makes this even more significant is the track for this race was Misano which was renamed Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli after the sad death of Marco Simoncelli at Sepang during a MotoGP race back in 2011.
As reported above, Romano Fenati has been given a two-race ban, but is that really enough? With such a bad-boy image, I'd be surprised if any sponsor will touch him with a barge-pole now. Here's hoping ......

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
.... He has decided he is doing that way in advance, which is scary.

That's not quite true, a few corners earlier the two of them had a coming together and both ran wide and off the track - I see this as a retaliation to that event just a few seconds earlier ...

Still wrong and indefensible and he was rightly black-flagged immediately.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That's not quite true, a few corners earlier the two of them had a coming together and both ran wide and off the track - I see this as a retaliation to that event just a few seconds earlier ...

Still wrong and indefensible and he was rightly black-flagged immediately.

When I say he has pre planned that, I mean it is not an INSTANT moment of rage. It's not like a footballer being kicked and retaliating immediately. That's an instant reaction.

In the widely shown clip where it shows the riders entering the straight where he grabs the brake, there are 6 seconds of riding before he done it.

So, the fact he was riled by something that happened a couple of bends EARLIER means he had a VERY long time to not retaliate.

[ADDENDUM]

I have just read the telegraph story on this and it says the retaliation happened because of Manzi's attempt to overtake him a FEW LAPS earlier.

That's even more shocking. He's had laps to think about it.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
If he'd have killed the other rider, I'm pretty sure the law wouldn't have treated it as a racing incident, and he'd hopefully have done serious time. What an idiot.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
It’s also worth noting Fenati put his foot on the other racer’s foot brake a short while after too!
He’s now had his contract terminated. Good.

...and apparaently had disciplinary issues in 2015 (kicking out at another rider) and 2016 (suspended from his then team). So not an isolated lapse of judgement, more an escalation of previous temper-related issues to a life-threatening incident which should be the end of his career permanently!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here