Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Current NSC Advertising

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
What on earth has happened to NSC ?
When I log on to start viewing threads, the screen defaults to the bottom where it is showing an 'HMV' ad and I can't scroll away from it and whatever I do it returns !
Anyone else having this or know how to cancel it ?
Thanks

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
When I log on to start viewing threads, the screen defaults to the bottom where it is showing an 'HMV' ad and I can't scroll away from it and whatever I do it returns !
Thanks

Yep me too, had this for a while.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've never had this. I'd not allow it if I knew it was there.

Now I do, I'll see what I can do.

That is part of the problem with the targeting of ads, unfortunately.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
The adverts have made it virtually impossible for me to read NSC on my phone, but it works on my Mac thanks to adblocker (yes, I've had to turn adblocker on for NSC). On the phone I get ads over the page or part of it

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The adverts have made it virtually impossible for me to read NSC on my phone, but it works on my Mac thanks to adblocker (yes, I've had to turn adblocker on for NSC). On the phone I get ads over the page or part of it

I have no idea what you are doing but my view of NSC is the same as every other logged in user and I have no problem with using the site on an iPhone, an iPad nor my MacBook. I never use an adblocker.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
I posted on the other thread, but often get full page ads, even when logged on.. Not happened for a week or so now though..

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Windows using Chrome and Firefox and I have no issues with the ads ( one at the top, one at the bottom and one of those bizzare mid thread post ones ). Admittedly I always make sure I'm logged in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Windows using Chrome and Firefox and I have no issues with the ads ( one at the top, one at the bottom and one of those bizzare mid thread post ones ). Admittedly I always make sure I'm logged in.

That's how it should be.

I completely get some people don't like ads, but the logged in user experience of NSC should never be cumbersome to use nor riddled with ads that ruin the experience. Occasionally bad ads do sneak into networks that can misbehave, but they'll be removed as soon as we know about them. Often they'll be removed even before we know about them.

There are more ads for users who are not logged in - that's not going to change either - but they shouldn't make the experience of using the site a truly awful one. Due to day job work, I currently don't have enough time to check out that view very often, nor do I currently have time to implement the responsive template that I want for NSC which will make the phone experience considerably nicer all-round. One for early in the New Year, probably.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't use Chrome, but I'm trying it...

I log on, it's at the top of the page, then a few seconds later it jumps to HMV at the bottom.
Same with Microsoft Edge.

That's annoying

Can you post a screenshot please so I can forward it to the ad network.

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Thanks

Yeah, I just resurrected the 'Ad blocker' thread to note that it had happened to me. In November it used to be the Diesel ad, that went and it's been ok for a month. Now HMV and Jacamo are doing it.

EDIT: And fwiw I'm always logged in and I always use Chrome And always on a desktop.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here