Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] *** Some Foreigners versus England *** Official match thread

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Ooooh! Anyway, they’re a noddy side and we are expected to win comfortably. As we did. Had we lost or only drawn we should be mocked and rightly so. But we didn’t. We won comfortably as a top footballing power should so if we’re becoming one again then this result shouldn’t come as a surprise. Especially after we hammered Czech a few days ago. Good result, role on that other Balkan superpower...Kosovo.

We expected to win comfortably in the three games we drew with them before. So Ooooooooh the "noddy" side was finally defeated. It was a good result but we can do it without behaving like utter pricks it was the first time.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We expected to win comfortably in the three games we drew with them before. So Ooooooooh the "noddy" side was finally defeated. It was a good result but we can do it without behaving like utter pricks it was the first time.

Yes we did, fact we didn’t doesn’t make them less noddy. But Now it’s utter pricks. Blimey. Sensitive soul. As if FDR are on NSC for post match reaction. Calm down dear.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I.e. Possesses a face you'd gladly punch?

artgunfunkle.gif

dele.jpg

Art Garfunkel's love child

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
We are very much on the cusp of being a very very good side with a collection of individuals who all seem to be very much aware of their role within the team.

I'm typically ambivalent towards England but I actually really enjoy watching this England side.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Someone said to me a while ago that there were too many foreigners in the Premier league. I told him to stop reading the Daily Mail.
Our players are playing with and against some of the best players in the world. If they are good enough they will succeed. What is wrong with that?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Someone said to me a while ago that there were too many foreigners in the Premier league. I told him to stop reading the Daily Mail.
Our players are playing with and against some of the best players in the world. If they are good enough they will succeed. What is wrong with that?

I agree.

But it’s not just the Daily Mail. Waddle, Henry Winter, etc are always banging on about the same thing.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
More will succeed if there were fewer foreigners. It’s just very simple maths that’s all. Hence why going overseas now which is a good thing

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
@<u><a href="https://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?u=36014" target="_blank">Saunders</a></u> & @<u><a href="https://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?u=663" target="_blank">portlock seagull</a></u>, make up .... England won again, a happy end to the day.

Oh no my party's having an argument

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Raheem Sterling lays on a goal for Harry, He then scores a goal of his own and goes to the crowd holding his ears to say “I heard you”
He is obviously racist in some peoples eyes. Not mine btw.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
[MENTION=36014]Saunders[/MENTION] & [MENTION=663]portlock seagull[/MENTION], make up .... England won again, a happy end to the day.

No. Given this is a Balkans dispute, it needs to carry on for at least the next 400 years with periodic... :catfight:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Raheem Sterling lays on a goal for Harry, He then scores a goal of his own and goes to the crowd holding his ears to say “I heard you”
He is obviously racist in some peoples eyes. Not mine btw.

Who is saying he’s racist for doing that and if so, how is he exactly? Sorry, I don’t understand.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You do know that what you just said makes no sense at all? I do hope so.

If only 11 places on pitch, and majority of already established worlds best come here, then younger talent less likely to have opportunity to play first team football and develop into top players themselves. Going abroad where there are still established top talents but perhaps the opportunity to play with or against is greater than here means they’ll be more likely to succeed. I hope that you now understand this fuller explanation.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
If only 11 places on pitch, and majority of already established worlds best come here, then younger talent less likely to have opportunity to play first team football and develop into top players themselves. Going abroad where there are still established top talents but perhaps the opportunity to play with or against is greater than here means they’ll be more likely to succeed. I hope that you now understand this fuller explanation.

Yes I do see where you are coming from and agree that foreign players signed for big money are going to be at the head of the queue.
I still maintain if young English players can make it in the toughest league that we have in England that can only be a good thing.
We have foreign clubs coming here to pinch our best young players. How good is that?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sorry I was trying to be ironic. Realise now that it didn't work. He had dogs abuse all night and was saying "I hear you" is what I was trying to say,

Ooops, my bad then!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
During the first half last night Hudson-Odoi cut inside about 15 yards outside the penalty area, looked up and saw Sterling running on the other wing. He then played an inch perfect 35 yard ball to Sterlings feet, who killed it stone dead with his first touch before taking his man on. It was so perfect, I rewound it twice watch it again.

To think I had hope watching England teams with Geoff Thomas, Carlton Palmer and Keith Curle. It's like an alternate universe when you take into account how far the Albion have come as well. Credit to the FA. So many young players coming through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here