Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert vs Palace fans

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Will probably have been mentioned elsewhere, but perhaps the highlight of the weekend other than the game was Knocky goading the NigeLLLS on Instagram. :fishing: :bowdown:
So here it is, in all it's beauty, a compilation of comments and captions from our little French maestro which have well and truly upset the clown brigade:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuzSRYslv1c/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuznXOIFpcH/

https://twitter.com/BringBackOgrady/status/1104530974463938560

https://twitter.com/ffsiq06/status/1104820468501106689

Would prefer players to keep quiet, be professional and not play to the crowd. Zaha does it loads but he's a palace goon, they are a club that pander to such shite. Just look at the build up to the game to see how much effort they put into bigging up the game. It's pathetic.

We pitched up, put in a professional performance and took the prize. Fans should rightly get stuck into ripping the piss out of palace given the build up to the game and their delusions of grandeur paid for on the never never but the players should be professional in my opinion.

Glen Murray's got it right I reckon from a players perspective.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Football needs characters.

Knockaert is a character, all pantomime villain stuff.

Absolutely love it.......

The big difference is that Zaha is a whiner. Earlier in the season Charlie Austin was getting some stick warming up against us, too it in good part and said something back, which he was applauded for.

Football is a passionate game, fans stay behind barriers, players entertain, all celebrate together....

Think we got it spot on at the weekend, long may it continue. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Would prefer players to keep quiet, be professional and not play to the crowd. Zaha does it loads but he's a palace goon, they are a club that pander to such shite. Just look at the build up to the game to see how much effort they put into bigging up the game. It's pathetic.

We pitched up, put in a professional performance and took the prize. Fans should rightly get stuck into ripping the piss out of palace given the build up to the game and their delusions of grandeur paid for on the never never but the players should be professional in my opinion.

Glen Murray's got it right I reckon from a players perspective.

You are aware that Glenn goads the opposition fans for pretty much every goal except those against Palace? For example;

glenn murray.jpg

For what it's worth I hope Anthony continues trolling Palace for as long as he can. They've dished it out they can have some back.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
People need to lighten up. Nobody died, we beat the f***ers in a game of football. Keep taking the piss Knocky. Love it, Brighton legend.

He would do better to rise above it..... presuming that is a genuine account.

el punal

FFS just **** off, double over the scum and some are looking for some smallest detail to moan about. **** off and join a knitting club you soft wankers.

Easy!! Have you ever been to a tear up at a knitting circle, one a minute they’re all having a good yarn, then there’s a bit of needle and they all end up in stitches. Not a pretty sight, even when they pull the wool over your eyes. :eek:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Love AK’s passion for the club, and his massive celebrations on Saturday. So glad he’s with us.

But also glad that I don’t get involved in all that shit with the Twatter comments. A load of morons, and it’s the same with BBC, Daily Mail and Argus comments.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
People need to lighten up. Nobody died, we beat the f***ers in a game of football. Keep taking the piss Knocky. Love it, Brighton legend.

Somebody did, sadly, and a bunch of Palace inbreds have used it as a stick to beat Knockaert with. Can’t really blame him for wanting to rub their noses in it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You are aware that Glenn goads the opposition fans for pretty much every goal except those against Palace? For example;

View attachment 105619

For what it's worth I hope Anthony continues trolling Palace for as long as he can. They've dished it out they can have some back.
Quality photo. I see that Stuart from EastEnders on the right can't even look.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
The amount of shit he gets on instagram about his father is a reason he reacted. He has only opened a new account recently after getting so much abuse on the previous one. I love his passion. If i had scored I would be letting them have it as much if not more. Zaha has given us plenty on twitter so its our turn to rub their noses in it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Football needs characters.

Knockaert is a character, all pantomime villain stuff.

Absolutely love it.......

The big difference is that Zaha is a whiner. Earlier in the season Charlie Austin was getting some stick warming up against us, too it in good part and said something back, which he was applauded for.

Football is a passionate game, fans stay behind barriers, players entertain, all celebrate together....

Think we got it spot on at the weekend, long may it continue. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. Watching Watford Leicester the other week and the Leicester fans were loudly giving it "Troy Deeney, He's a Wanker, He's a Wanker".

Deeney turned round with a big grin on his potato faced mug and applauded them. Big cheer back from the fans.

Good stuff.

Zaha would probably have been close to tears. Again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Knocky GETS what this result means to us, how any Albion fan can feel bad about that is beyond me.

Good on you Knocky, an Albion legend and what a ****ing goal to win the game.

Albion through and through :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know this may be contentious, but I'm not entirely sure a player ought to be goading like that? Is it unprofessional? ???

I know from our perspective we'd love to see him posting printed out and signed pictures of his goal through every letterbox in Croydon, but for a player to be having a go I'm not entirely on board - even if they goad him in the first place.

Not sure....

Palace had us on their official website fixture list as "B******n", so, y'know, professional is as professional does...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed. Watching Watford Leicester the other week and the Leicester fans were loudly giving it "Troy Deeney, He's a Wanker, He's a Wanker".

Deeney turned round with a big grin on his potato faced mug and applauded them. Big cheer back from the fans.

Good stuff.

Zaha would probably have been close to tears. Again.

I saw that, handled brilliantly by Deeney.

In contrast, (Mackem) Jordan Pickford cracked at SJP for Everton on Saturday. Baited throughout, he was gesturing to the NUFC fans when Everton were 2-0 up, but then let in 3 goals, and finished the day of by swaggering off in hard-man style towards to the tunnel. Covered in great detail on Everton forums, with a video, funny viewing.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
When Pickford stuck his tongue out at Newcastle fans I thought 'stupid arse', when Knocky did it to Palace I thought ' yaaayyyy!!!!!'. ����

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Knocky's social media jibes will soon be forgotten but this will always be remembered by Albion and Palarse fans alike.

An exquisite goal against our arch rivals to clinch a crucial away win at the sharp end of the season. He's an emotional character and, IMHO, is entitled to show off about that goal and the result, especially after all he's been through personally.

A wonder goal from a wonderful guy, who's fiercely passionate about the Albion.

Legend.

Abion 2 Palarse 1.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I saw that, handled brilliantly by Deeney.

In contrast, (Mackem) Jordan Pickford cracked at SJP for Everton on Saturday. Baited throughout, he was gesturing to the NUFC fans when Everton were 2-0 up, but then let in 3 goals, and finished the day of by swaggering off in hard-man style towards to the tunnel. Covered in great detail on Everton forums, with a video, funny viewing.
Yeah saw that too. Was lucky not be have been sent off and lost the plot completely after that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here