Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Something seriously wrong with the Special Immigration and Appeals Commission then - needs to be totally reformed or disbanded. Parliament can pass that as a law.

Unless, of course, initiating the process is a political move based on the assurance it will not end in revocation of citizenship, so the status quo suits

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What you consider right and what the law actually is are mutually exclusive though. Do you think Bangladesh will help her out and give her citizenship if she asks them nicely?

Anyway, apparently the Syrian Democratic Forces won't let her out the refugee camp she's in without official Government help and I don't suppose Bangladesh's Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be rushing there to help a foreign national anymore then The FCO have.
What the law actually is is what's passed by Parliament. Laws can be changed, or cancelled. The law actually once was that murderers (and plenty of others depending on how far back you go) could be hanged. Now they can't. That was the law then. It isn't now - Parliament changed it, and all the lawyers in the world who didn't agree with it couldn't stop that happening.
Hopefully in a few weeks the ECJ will be irrelevant to the UK too.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm not happy to pay for that with my taxes and will support the efforts to keep her out.

Are you happy to pay for the other 80,000+ people in the British prison system, or should other countries be burdened with all of them too?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Are you happy to pay for the other 80,000+ people in the British prison system, or should other countries be burdened with all of them too?

I am happy to pay for those that commit crimes here in this country. We say commit a crime forfeit your rights. For me the same applies if you make the appalling decision to abandon the UK in favour of a dinosaur, medieval ideology that beheads on a whim, throws gays from buildings and which restricts womens rights and the right of choice. There are people in the UK system that I am not happy to pay for. Right now I can't do anything about that but I can sure as hell lend my voice to keep that immoral bytch out!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
What the law actually is is what's passed by Parliament. Laws can be changed, or cancelled. The law actually once was that murderers (and plenty of others depending on how far back you go) could be hanged. Now they can't. That was the law then. It isn't now - Parliament changed it, and all the lawyers in the world who didn't agree with it couldn't stop that happening.
Hopefully in a few weeks the ECJ will be irrelevant to the UK too.

It's international law as well as domestic - UN Conventions - we can't just make people stateless.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
apparently Bangledeshi citizenship is automatic from mother/father. need to bear in mind you dont have to have a passport or other documentation to be considered a citizen somewhere.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
apparently Bangledeshi citizenship is automatic from mother/father. need to bear in mind you dont have to have a passport or other documentation to be considered a citizen somewhere.

It's entitlement to nationality though. She's going to be no different to the 3 other Jihadists cases who were ruled as stateless rather than Bangladeshis when The Home Office did the same thing.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Wasn't the bible written some 300 years after the death of this bloke called JC? With nothing to go on but chinese whispers in those days, can the bible not be seen as a load of bollocks? Same with the Quaran. Religion is a total load of hogwash and those that follow it basically need to be lead.

In that case, give me Dianetics, any day.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Telegraph reporting it has been revoked and the family have been informed. She holds dual nationality (Bangladeshi) so is not being left stateless

So we can let Bangladesh deradicalise her then.

2dd.jpg

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
She has been a very stupid girl and will pay a heavy price either way.
But she was 15 when she went, my daughter is 14 and is all over the place.
Between 15 and 19 she has been married, probably abused had 2 children and both died and been bombed left right and centre and seen chopped off heads in bins.
She is now in a refugee camp probably with lots of other IS men and women, scared about what to say for fear of more abuse.
And now another baby, maybe even raped.
19 is no age and she seems very Immature.
Of course she should come back and be dealt with and the baby taken into care.
I really dislike what she has done, I would not be as tolerant if it was a 19 year old man and I am not a 'leftie' or a 'do gooder' either.
And I will tell you another thing I wouldn't do as well, I wouldn't pop her dingy'.
Jesus, the childish ignorance and racism on here really twists my balls.
She should not have gone, she needs to pay the price for going but just stop to think for a second what this girl has been through.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Between 15 and 19 she has been married, probably abused had 2 children and both died and been bombed left right and centre and seen chopped off heads in bins.
She is now in a refugee camp probably with lots of other IS men and women, scared about what to say for fear of more abuse.
I really dislike what she has done, I would not be as tolerant if it was a 19 year old man and I am not a 'leftie' or a 'do gooder' either.
And I will tell you another thing I wouldn't do as well, I wouldn't pop her dingy'.
She should not have gone, she needs to pay the price for going but just stop to think for a second what this girl has been through.

You're too nice. The ideology she rushed off to join would love to wipe you and all infidels out with great gusto and glee.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Good luck to her wherever she turns up, she seems unrepentant at 19 so I think it’s best she finds some else to live her dream

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I really dislike what she has done,
I would not be as tolerant if it was a 19 year old man and I am not a 'leftie' or a 'do gooder' either.

Why not?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Any basis for this?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

there are too many of her ilk in the country already .....you don't need any more , will be interesting to see the reaction from the hardline gobshites if and when she is officially refused entry to the UK.

and it's not racism either , she falls into a very specific niche .......a non repentant , anti western , failed jihadist...........why on earth give her the chance to return and mature into what could potentially be a major problem in the future.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

She is clearly still brainwashed FFS. I suspect the government have decided that she will never recover having been indoctrinated in our Country. Javid is a popularist, spineless coward. Typical politicking that will be overturned by the courts soon.

I’d like to have thought that our agents would have got to her a long time before our ****ing press. Surely there is a huge amount of intelligence that needs drawing out of that poisoned head.

When trapping her into the Manchester question, there was a the moment that the baby cried from under her despotic gown that signified that his future and probably life were now over as the chubby self satisfied journo waddled off knowing that he’d got the most emotive line he could and that the headlines along with his career trajectory would be massive.

‘America First’ screams that nasty Trump***t.
We are not America though, we tend to put worldwide problems at the top of our agenda like we did in 1939, it’s not as simple as ‘Britain First’ for us. She is our problem, we should have got to her first, taken that innocent child and then interrogated her until we fully understood the radicalisation process. Then she is in our jails until she proves she is no longer radical - for the rest of her life if need be but she is still our problem, Britain should sort it’s own shit out, we are not America, we are better than this.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sajid Javid governing by headlines not by law, anything to keep Brexit and the Tory splits off of the front page
Those were my thoughts too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
She's our responsibility and shouldn't be dumped on someone else to have to deal with. Trump was right at the weekend - countries with nationals who've fought for IS need to take them back and put them on trial. She should be allowed back and locked up.

She’s not OUR responsibility, she is a resident of another state by her own volition, and has been for last 4 years.

She was not dumped in that state either, she took her sisters passport to travel to the state she is resident in now.

Trump is wrong, countries with terrorist nationals should not have to take them back.

The only caveat to that position would be that those identified as ISIS supporters can return if the families of the Manchester bombing agree to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here