Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bum bandits

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Just sing you to ugly to be gay that always gets them going.
Seriously just ignore them and get behind our team but be carful.

Can't remember the exact year but must be about 10 years back. Must have been summer time as there was a vast array of pastel polos on show including a lot of pink. The chant of 'we're supposed to be the gays' sent them properly radio.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
The best way to deal with it would be to take a few rainbow banners with the TV and media picking up on it, then when there is some homophobic abuse, the media go mad and slam Millwall for what they really are.

Neanderthals that need to be eradicated from football. All eyes will be on them with it being an FA Cup quarter final.

I actually love that idea. Maybe we could crowdfund a giant rainbow flag with the club badge in the middle.

No doubt after any ensuing riot the police would point the finger at our undoubted and foolish provocation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Never been to an away game at Millwall. Would love to go to this one with 13-year-old daughter. Is that a good idea and is there any advice that veterans of New Den awaydays would offer us?

I'm not really anticipating trouble but I'd like to keep the entire experience as hassle-free as possible, assuming we get tickets.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Never been to an away game at Millwall. Would love to go to this one with 13-year-old daughter. Is that a good idea and is there any advice that veterans of New Den awaydays would offer us?

I'm not really anticipating trouble but I'd like to keep the entire experience as hassle-free as possible, assuming we get tickets.

Get the train from London Bridge, get off at South Bermondsey and there’s a special exit off the platform and a covered walk way direct to the away end.

Clearly she might encounter some choice language and a bit of posturing on the train/platform but it really is nothing sinister.

Last edited:

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

With a 13 year old, I'd go on a coach. Get dropped off in the away end and then an easy get away. I've been to the New Den and that's just my opinion, I'm sure others will hold alternative views.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

judging by NSC today it seems everyone is shitting their pants and its f ing ridiculous.

Millwall are alright.

You should take her , would be absolutely fine

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
With a 13 year old, I'd go on a coach. Get dropped off in the away end and then an easy get away. I've been to the New Den and that's just my opinion, I'm sure others will hold alternative views.

I agree. The coach goes right through steel gates and drops off outside the entrances. It stays inside that enclosure until after the game. Safe as houses.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's becoming a redundant point. It's not just this banal line of ignorance they churn out- they'll be much more. Homophobia, racism etc often fuse into a single character.

Millwall just attracts this type of person. Of course, like one of their patriarchs said, they are not the only club. But most seemed to have moved on to greater or lesser degrees.

The problem is there's. If they are not dealing with it then so it remains.

Ultimately, you change people to change society- not the other way round. I guess this proves the point.
Other clubs haven't moved on at all. I read on here all the time about it happening at almost every ground. Millwall put more resources into dealing with fans anti social behaviour than any other club. One because they have to and another because they have a Chairman who cares very much about such issues

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Other clubs haven't moved on at all. I read on here all the time about it happening at almost every ground. Millwall put more resources into dealing with fans anti social behaviour than any other club. One because they have to and another because they have a Chairman who cares very much about such issues

Yet they have a whole tier that they can’t open for fear of being attacked by their fans? Doesn’t sound like it’s working.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
lets not be too precious .

Go to the game , give it back to them about whatever.

Hopefully get the win

Move on , no harm done

Agreed. You'll never keep dimwit knickle-draggers away from Millwall, so just laugh it off and give as good as you get.

I love the "FA Cup Special" Glitter-Kit. Could 'My Little Pony' do a one off sponsorship deal? :lolol:

Jimmy Grimble

I bet Barber will be very tempted to continue to draw attention to all the work he is doing in the build-up to this match.

In fairness if he gets the Police and other authorities onside, who then make it very public that there will be no tolerance to homophobia (I.e life bans, immediate ejection), it could well play into our hands. Their fans won’t be able to make the atmosphere as unwelcoming as they’d like that way.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Lat time I went (Forster, 1-0 to The Albion) I was in the Millwall Family Enclosure (a mate of mine's mate has two tickets and gave them to us for the day). Next to us was a shaven headed bloke in a white t shirt, leather jacket and jeans. With him was his son, age about nine, shaven headed, white t shirt, PVC jacket and jeans.

'You farkin caaant!' screamed the dad.

'You farkin caaant!' screamed the kid.

Heartwarming stuff.

After our goal, my mate and I sat on our hands, shaking our heads in mock sadness, smirking, as the farkin caaant duo and the rest of the family enclosure hopped up and down in um-diddle-iddle fury.

Suspect there will be (at least) another two generations of that family there now!

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I bet Barber will be very tempted to continue to draw attention to all the work he is doing in the build-up to this match.

In fairness if he gets the Police and other authorities onside, who then make it very public that there will be no tolerance to homophobia (I.e life bans, immediate ejection), it could well play into our hands. Their fans won’t be able to make the atmosphere as unwelcoming as they’d like that way.

Lol Dream on

theboybilly

I've visited the New Den a fair few times now using both the coach and train. With a young daughter I would suggest the coach as it's so straightforward. Fans will be held back after the match so at least you'll have somewhere to sit in the dry if it's chucking it down. As for using the train, the police have this mostly down to a fine art. They get the Millwall fans well away from the station before allowing away fans up to the trains, from there it is usually hassle free until you get to London Bridge where again there will be a police presence. It will likely kick off somewhere but if you keep aware of your surroundings you'll be fine. For a fair few Brighton fans this is the best part of proceedings it seems to me but I just head out and find a pub away from all the bother. Even writing this I think I'm making out to be so much worse than it actually is. Millwall seem to believe their own hype. They, as a crowd, are not that loud let alone intimidating. There will be gestures towards us but really you will be laughing at them more than anything else. The Den is not a patch on Elland Road for a hostile atmosphere that's for sure.
They are now living off bother against Everton but from what I've seen all that took place around the pubs at Surrey Quays where Everton fans, looking for trouble, had prior knowledge of where pockets of Millwall fans drank pre-match and went searching for easy pickings. You can avoid all this easily with your young daughter. But take my advice: just take the coach

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here