Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would it be a first...

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
... if we started a chant on Sunday calling Chelsea fans racist?

Not sure I've ever seen a crowd do it but it would be a brilliant thing...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
... if we started a chant on Sunday calling Chelsea fans racist?

Not sure I've ever seen a crowd do it but it would be a brilliant thing...

Please god no, let them dig their own grave....

Let us not come over as the sanctimonious new boys, we have in our past had similar behaviour from our own fans.
I heard racist abuse towards a player at the Palace game, we as a society never mind club have a long way to go and can in no way think we are unique in any way just because we receive homophobic abuse as a club and town, this does not mean we are exempt from racists within our fan base, Christ I have met racist gay people.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
You're probably right. Our house would have to be in order first I guess...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
You weren't at Burnley last season or this season then?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"You're to racist to be gay".

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Racism is a big problem in football at the moment and is something a number of the clubs current and former players and staff have spoken about very seriously. I think CH wouldn’t find any football chants accusing any clubs fans of racism to be very funny because it trivialises the issue.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Racism is a big problem in football at the moment and is something a number of the clubs current and former players and staff have spoken about very seriously. I think CH for example wouldn’t find any football chants accusing fans of racism to be very funny because it trivialises the issue.

This, with one small caveat, I take umbrage that it is portrayed as a football problem in the news, when actually it is big problem in society that runs through all parts of the country, every level, from school through to work that affects rich or poor, it is not a football problem it is a society problem. Football can be a forerunner and do more as can everyone, and that includes the media.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But they're not.

Some Chelsea fans are racist.

Some Brighton fans are probably racist.

Exactly.

It would certainly be a bit weird to respond to the ignorant stereotyping of a group of people by ignorantly stereotyping a different group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Please god no, let them dig their own grave....

Let us not come over as the sanctimonious new boys, we have in our past had similar behaviour from our own fans.
I heard racist abuse towards a player at the Palace game, we as a society never mind club have a long way to go and can in no way think we are unique in any way just because we receive homophobic abuse as a club and town, this does not mean we are exempt from racists within our fan base, Christ I have met racist gay people.

This.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This, with one small caveat, I take umbrage that it is portrayed as a football problem in the news, when actually it is big problem in society that runs through all parts of the country, every level, from school through to work that affects rich or poor, it is not a football problem it is a society problem. Football can be a forerunner and do more as can everyone, and that includes the media.

Also this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here