Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
When I looked at Transfermarket I was surprised they only valued Dunk around £10 mill. I thought. Ridiculously low. I would never support selling him for that. If anywhere, he should go to a bigger club than Leicester.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
When I looked at Transfermarket I was surprised they only valued Dunk around £10 mill. I thought. Ridiculously low. I would never support selling him for that. If anywhere, he should go to a bigger club than Leicester.

Site moderator = BG!!??

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
West Ham, Leicester, Everton and Arsenal all looking for a CB by Thursday. All club valuations of the likes of Ake, Tarkowski and our very own will now be inflated.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Leicester after Ake, until they were told it would cost them £75m. :ffsparr:

That is a result of what they received for Maguire and will be the same with any CB they chase except from Scotland or Europe.

We didnt help the cause paying £20m for an unproven Championship CB

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That is a result of what they received for Maguire and will be the same with any CB they chase except from Scotland or Europe.

We didnt help the cause paying £20m for an unproven Championship CB

£18m plus add-ons.

And he might be unproven at PL level, but he's got a hundred-odd appearances in the Championship and joined Bristol city in an £8m deal, so we were never going to pick him up for buttons. By many accounts he was one of the highest rated defenders in the division last season, he's versatile and at a good age (24), and whilst there are never any guarantees that he'll be a success, I from what I've seen and heard of him he looks like a quality signing who's valuation will only increase with us.

Dunk has comfortably made the step-up from Championship to Premier League, there's no reason why Webster won't. There is always a premium on signing good english players, because they don't have to come over here and adapt to the game in this country. I bet Webster turns out to be a cracking investment by the club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
£18m plus add-ons.

And he might be unproven at PL level, but he's got a hundred-odd appearances in the Championship and joined Bristol city in an £8m deal, so we were never going to pick him up for buttons. By many accounts he was one of the highest rated defenders in the division last season, he's versatile and at a good age (24), and whilst there are never any guarantees that he'll be a success, I from what I've seen and heard of him he looks like a quality signing who's valuation will only increase with us.

Dunk has comfortably made the step-up from Championship to Premier League, there's no reason why Webster won't. There is always a premium on signing good english players, because they don't have to come over here and adapt to the game in this country. I bet Webster turns out to be a cracking investment by the club.

I dont dispute any of that just saying that it is the record for a Championship defender so we have set the bar for the future. I am sure that he will be VFM.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I dont dispute any of that just saying that it is the record for a Championship defender so we have set the bar for the future. I am sure that he will be VFM.

I don't mind us pushing the boat out a bit for this type of signing. I'd be far more concerned about this fee if it was on a CB from the Eredivisie or France.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
VVD , Staam or Blanc? They are about just a matter of spotting them.

Indeed, and spot one of them we did. Unfortunately he chose Celtic over us (understandably at the time), and the rest is history.

Finding a golden nugget abroad for less than £20m is every clubs dream, but they are very, very few and far between.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Still think Dunk is on arsenal’s Radar! Especially with kossie leaving

West Ham, Leicester, Everton and Arsenal all looking for a CB by Thursday. All club valuations of the likes of Ake, Tarkowski and our very own will now be inflated.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think it was a possibility, but they have left it too late now.

Tony will say No I reckon, well at least for this window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Could still see a last minute panic buy

Tony doesn't sell key assets at this stage of the transfer window.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Tony doesn't sell key assets at this stage of the transfer window.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if we had enquires much earlier in the window that were met with a firm ‘not for sale’ response, hence the lack of subsequent noise (except a bit of uncorroborated press speculation that Leicester *might* be interested if Maguire goes). The club don’t appear to have any need or wish to let him leave.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Still think Dunk is on arsenal’s Radar!
With two centre backs having a good start to their season in the Championship, we'll have a surplus of them next year, so it wouldn't be a big surprise if Dunk went for big money. If big money offers aren't made, then I'd love to keep him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here