Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Boris Johnson, the new UK Prime Minister

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Nope, me neither.

If you clearly understood the manifestation of communism in history (which you clearly don't) you'd be very worried about the way politics is going in this country.

Alternatively, you could be of a far right persuasion where anyone you disagree with is either a communist or "other".

I can't decide.

Either way your King is pro-immigration and freedom of movement. You fool.

Your last sentence is really important and the reason I don’t really understand the Boris debate. He only attached himself to the Leave cause at the very last minute. His beliefs are more in line with Remain and yet he is hated by their side. Conversely there seem to be many on the Leave side who think he is the saviour. Personally I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him (not very far ! ).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There has never been a completely closed off border between the land of the South and the North so the issue is rather how are the road and rail crossings managed. In pre Anglo Irish Treaty days there were customs checks which not only created the hated physical border but also slowed down trade. There is already a solution; Blockchain platforms are being used in trade finance to dramatically lower processing times at borders. Eventually this technology will render the economics of borders meaningless which means they will only exist for political reasons. Regardless of whether we are in or out of the EU this technology should be backed by Government and yet our leaders seem almost proud of their ignorance. Maybe this explains the failure over the last three years to actually build the required technology on the Irish border. A cynic might suggest that Theresa May’s Remain Government preferred to drag their feet. Either way an opportunity has been missed much to the relief of the ‘there is no alternative to the EU brigade.’
If we are to leave in October there needs to be a temporary political solution combined with a commitment to invest in technology.

As someone who had a 30 year career in technology, I'm most interested as to what this technology is that you are aware of, but nobody in the UK or EU Governments is.(Or Sweden or Finland Governments). Maybe you could name some of these solutions or suppliers of these solutions ?

And what sort of 'temporary' solution do you think needs to be put in place in October ? Maybe customs posts ???

D

Deleted member 2719

No you completely misunderstand. If those two hadn't gone to Eton, they don't get anywhere near the office of PM; incidentally they are both utter bung holes. Venn diagram, do you see?

If they, and jrm for that matter, had learned something practical instead of Latin they may well be more down to earth, as you put it. They may be decent people more worthy of the office.

Oh, and I don't hate privately educated people, that's you bringing your misguided preconceptions to the party, you are not one to trouble logic at all are you?

Is he? I thought he was a ****ing ********, which is why I have him on ignore.

Sorry, I'm away right now and they don't do irony over here.

er....oh yeah, i stand corrected, you're absolutely right, thank you

Okay, Roger, I have taken on your extremely LOGICAL advice.

Eton people make PM
Not to like anyone that studies Latin

I now feel like a logical genius, I am so glad I listened.

Maybe I should join in the beard liberation front, as that appears quite a logical thing to do???

Same old Harry always being a nasty lefty.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Your last sentence is really important and the reason I don’t really understand the Boris debate. He only attached himself to the Leave cause at the very last minute. His beliefs are more in line with Remain and yet he is hated by their side. Conversely there seem to be many on the Leave side who think he is the saviour. Personally I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him (not very far ! ).

For some reason a Basil Fawlty line came into my head about trusting someone about as far as he could 'comfortably spit a dead rat'.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Johnson wants renewal of 'ties that bind UK'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49146480

"Our Union is the most successful political and economic union in history"

Try and sell no deal to the Scots and your GAT 24 lies...

I think (and certainly hope) that the Scots are far too sensible to swallow his guff. I suspect an overwhelming majority of them would be quite happy to see him picked up and dumped back over our side of the border. I'm afraid you can get away with stuff in England that would be seen through for what it is by our near neighbours. It does raise some uncomfortable questions about us lot, perhaps. Although in fairness they did have Alex Salmond and Ally Macleod.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Quite funny watching people get their knickers in a twist. Perhaps they realise the JC The Saviour’ ship has sailed, or more accurately, missed the tide.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Is Boris Johnson going to pay bedroom tax on the three extra bedrooms he'll be using above 11 Downing Street or is he moving all his secret children in too?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Quite funny watching people get their knickers in a twist. Perhaps they realise the JC The Saviour’ ship has sailed, or more accurately, missed the tide.

AndI don't think it will recover if yesterday's interview with Sophie Ridge is anything to go by.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just watched John Oliver take down Johnson, well worth checking out if you get the chance.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He didn't go down particularly well in Manchester. 'Feel free to applaud'

[tweet]1155079756309831685[/tweet]

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Empty words are only going to get him so far. There's a reason why they announced his coronation just before recess.

Hmm?
Well, like it or not, recess or not, you are going to be hearing a lot more from him over the next few weeks!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
As someone who had a 30 year career in technology, I'm most interested as to what this technology is that you are aware of, but nobody in the UK or EU Governments is.(Or Sweden or Finland Governments). Maybe you could name some of these solutions or suppliers of these solutions ?

And what sort of 'temporary' solution do you think needs to be put in place in October ? Maybe customs posts ???

Perhaps I would be bothered if you weren’t such a sarcastic poster. On a serious note, if you have had a career in IT I think you would find it interesting to do some research on distributed ledgers such as Blockchain. My interest is in its applications to commodity trade finance and making global trade more efficient at borders. The application to the Irish issue is obvious if you have an open mind. I avoid the Brexit thread precisely because of hostile, sarcastic posts such as yours. Just be a little open minded and stop cheerleading for your side of the argument for one moment. I am not saying I have all the answers but neither do you.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Quite funny seeing Johnson going around the country 'spaffing money up the wall' (in his own elegant turn of phrase) in places he probably had never heard of yet alone visited before. Is this the same Johnson who sat through countless Cabinet meetings cutting public spending without so much raising an eyebrow?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hmm?
Well, like it or not, recess or not, you are going to be hearing a lot more from him over the next few weeks!

He had one session to get through in Parliament. The only people that will be able to question his actions in the next few months are the media, mostly owned by foreign parties and with vested interests.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here