Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Birmingham City v Brighton And Hove Albion 15.00 KO St Andrews

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
It was a genuine observation that defending Burn was the weak link but did get forward a bit. I am sure Premier strikers would relish playing against him more so than Dunk or Duffy. Son was talking to a coach load of Pompey fans at the club in HH were they stopped on their way to Crawley game and they raved about Clarke saying we had paid peanuts for a future England CB who even now could walk into our team.

funny you should say that BG, after we signed him there was a link to a thread on the Pompy forum, it was widely stated that we have bought a gem in Clarke, the consensus seemed to be that we had signed their best player for what in Prem terms is peanuts.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
The remark about Clarke was as an aside and nothing to do with my opinion of Burns game. If I was a Klopp Pochettino etc and he was in our starting line up I would tell my wide players to target him as the weak link.

So what you're saying BG is 'Boourns'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
As has been said many times it is all about opinions nobody is 100% right or wrong in such a discussion.

Agreed BG..I would never pick on anyone on here but it is my opinion you were picking on Dan Burn or at least picking him out to be our 'weak link' Other poster would not agree.:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agreed BG..I would never pick on anyone on here but it is my opinion you were picking on Dan Burn or at least picking him out to be our 'weak link' Other poster would not agree.:)

Not like BG to do down a player from the team he supports...

...oh.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not like BG to do down a player from the team he supports...

...oh.

I am not doing him down just voicing an opinion that he was our weakest link defending IMHO. He has always risen to the occasion in the past but today I didnt think that he did and every player is entitled to have an off day. Generally I thought that the team performance was encouraging for the season ahead.

D

Deleted member 2719

BG is a great character and if he feels Burns could be a weak link, that's fair enough by me.

But If he tells me Boris is a posh Eton toff, then he is a envious old fool!!!

4 nil to the Albion...........

:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::goal::goal::goal::goal:!!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Actually, I have decided there is one more thing I have taken so far and that is that there is still a place for Murray if needed. This new system plays to his strengths and he isn't a 35 year old leading the line with 20 yards to the next players. He has supporting players in and around that he can bring into play and use his clever runs to mask his lack of pace. Not saying we don't need a new striker as we obviously do but Murray with clever players like Trossard, March and Locadia around him is a different animal from the isolated Murray of last season.

Can maybe also see why Knocky was let go as although he technically gifted enough to get involved in this swift interplay, he may be a little bit too selfish for Potter's liking. Guess we'll never know but there may be something in this theory.

I think Knocky had to be selfish a lot last season although good post.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Commentator was MotM for me. I especially liked how he just gave up at the end there and just started calling out random names from the team sheet.
This is what happens when there are no names on the shirts :)

Seriously, the numbers were really clear so there's no excuse. I suspect he hadn't learnt them, and referring to the team sheet each time would have meant missing the next pass/shot. Maybe he should have done that instead of brushing up on City's 1960s League Cup exploits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here