Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What’s a Fusion and why is it banned?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Admittedly 10 years ago, but I went to my step-daughters parents evening just prior to her GCSE exams to see her English teacher, as we were quite worried about her spelling and grammar, both of which were pretty poor. Almost word for word, the response we got from said English teacher was "we don't worry too much about that side of things, but she does have a really good grasp of Shakespeare" :eek: :facepalm:

Similar story here - my youngest showed me a history essay which had been marked. Three spelling mistakes, none of which had been corrected. Took the essay to the history teacher, who a) didn’t know that one of the words was misspelled and b) said “spelling and grammar is English; I teach history”.

We moved her to a different school before the start of the following term.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Having read his message (reproduced on page 11 ) if this is the average piece of grammatical work produced by a 17 year old in this country, then god help us. Irrespective of content, its appalling from start to finish. If he was hoping to present his case in a clear and lucid way, he failed miserably. Its a disjointed, poorly punctuated, misspelt ramble. I would be truly horrified if a 17 year old of mine produced this. What the hell is going on in the education system? Its basic stuff and he is a way off that mark.
Suggest he spends the next five years concentrating on improving his written communication skills, as he has no chance of impressing any employer based on that. I'm sure some on here will spring to his defence, claiming it was an emotional, off the chest response but even that cuts no slack with me. You are either capable of acceptable written English or you are not.

It's.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Having read his message (reproduced on page 11 ) if this is the average piece of grammatical work produced by a 17 year old in this country, then god help us. Irrespective of content, its appalling from start to finish. If he was hoping to present his case in a clear and lucid way, he failed miserably. Its a disjointed, poorly punctuated, misspelt ramble. I would be truly horrified if a 17 year old of mine produced this. What the hell is going on in the education system? Its basic stuff and he is a way off that mark.
Suggest he spends the next five years concentrating on improving his written communication skills, as he has no chance of impressing any employer based on that. I'm sure some on here will spring to his defence, claiming it was an emotional, off the chest response but even that cuts no slack with me. You are either capable of acceptable written English or you are not.

I bet you're fun at parties.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Regardless of Fusion and his actions, your last sentence makes no sense at all. I know a couple of friends who are profoundly dyslexic, and despite getting honours degrees, and working very successfully in the world, are not capable of writing grammatical English.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014

I spotted eleven mistakes in this passage. Can anyone see more?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ruck me! No one died. I funded my WC2002 adventure by buying loads of tickets and flogging them - did help that I had 6 Japan v Russia tickets.

That would be against FIFA's terms & conditions, but not illegal.

Whereas selling-on football tickets in England (or involving the English national team) is a criminal offence. The club has to act to discourage it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here