Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "We’ll need goals and what we’ll need to do is win the game in whichever way possible.”

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hughton's gonna get naughty. Sending minions to slip a few laxatives in Newcastle's food for an explosive day at the Amex.

Imagine the fat waiter and Ritchie consoling each other amidst an explosion of diarrhea.
I think history has shown that explosions of diarrhoea at the Amex do not end well for the Albion.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I agree with the poster above that the Cardiff result will determine this. If they win we really have no choice but to go for it. They draw or lose then a point will still be a seen as a good result in his eyes and we will be conservative again.

This planning tactics according to the Cardiff result seems to me to be so much bolleaux. Like Newcastle won't have their own thoughts on the matter? And if we were that shit hot at setting out our stall, we'd have done so v Bournemouth and Cardiff and every other team in our Group Of Death that we failed miserably against. Que sera sera innit :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This planning tactics according to the Cardiff result seems to me to be so much bolleaux. Like Newcastle won't have their own thoughts on the matter? And if we were that shit hot at setting out our stall, we'd have done so v Bournemouth and Cardiff and every other team in our Group Of Death that we failed miserably against. Que sera sera innit :shrug:

Calm down DORIS

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Hughton is all controlling over all matters in a game of football that Albion contest. The 22 players don't come into it. You must have realised this by now?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Agree completely and the idea we would just shift our approach between the final whistle of Cardiff and our game is lunacy. We will be approaching this to win at all costs as it is the last game we can realistically expect points from

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
My biggest fear here is Cardiff draw. If they do I can see CH happy taking a point and setting us up that way to put pressure back on Cardiff who will then need 4 points again to overhaul is.
If Cardiff win then in all honestly he has to go for it
If Cardiff lose then we must take this chance for us to be safe for certain knowing even if we lose 4 points are still needed from 2 games for them to overhaul us.

If Cardiff lose, it's a free hit.
If Cardiff win, the pressure on everyone will be tough.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Cardif could, can, and possibly will take points from any of their three games . . . . . 9 is unlikely, 6 possible and 4 a real possibility. 3 or less would be preferable obvs!

We need to win on Saturday, end of. We could possibly get a point at the Arse, we'll get nothing from Man City regardless. .

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Agered, and deservedly so . . . .we've already mostly agreed on that after losing to Bhaadiff . . . . we should be safe already, the fact we're not tells us everything we need to know, from the defence forward we're woefully substandard at this level.

if we don't be newcastle then i expect us to be relegated.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Agered, and deservedly so . . . .we've already mostly agreed on that after losing to Bhaadiff . . . . we should be safe already, the fact we're not tells us everything we need to know, from the defence forward we're woefully substandard at this level.

yes......weve been :timmy: for a while , we thought Andone was the answer but he, at this stage isn't , Locadia ...not sure he will be at any stage under our current system , Murray , god bless him he deserves a ****ing medal or a saint bernard....!! he's been isolated since xmas....Bissouma shows a LOT of promise imho ....propper , gross, kayal
stephens, solly , knocky ....on paper they look ok but in reality are average in this league. i have laughed , cheered , sung , drunk , cried and screamed over this club for the last 40 years and CH has to be admired for his efforts but the lack of real fire power this season has come home to roost big time ......we STILL need a quality midfield general and a 25 a season striker......as we have done for quite a while ......hopefully we stay up , hopefully our new signings can go away and come back with no illusions as to what level they are required to play at because most of the team has struggled this season.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Not in my book. I definitely wouldn't rule out them getting something at Man U if they are beached ... they can't even get it together when they have a Champ League opportunity!

yes......weve been :timmy: for a while , we thought Andone was the answer but he, at this stage isn't , Locadia ...not sure he will be at any stage under our current system , Murray , god bless him he deserves a ****ing medal or a saint bernard....!! he's been isolated since xmas....Bissouma shows a LOT of promise imho ....propper , gross, kayal
stephens, solly , knocky ....on paper they look ok but in reality are average in this league. i have laughed , cheered , sung , drunk , cried and screamed over this club for the last 40 years and CH has to be admired for his efforts but the lack of real fire power this season has come home to roost big time ......we STILL need a quality midfield general and a 25 a season striker......as we have done for quite a while ......hopefully we stay up , hopefully our new signings can go away and come back with no illusions as to what level they are required to play at because most of the team has struggled this season.

25 a season strikers are a myth at this level. Even the top strikers this season are not likely to make 25. We have been to reliant on Murray who is only if you can believe it 8 goals behind Salah and Aguero. Obviously we need a replacement for him at some point soon especially if we do not plan to change how we play. It’s lack of contribution elsewhere that has hurt us. Duffy on 5 Andone on 3 rest on 2s and 1s. Goals have dried up from set plays and we are not really giving Glenn anything to actually attack and that’s all we have.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"We’ll need goals and what we’ll need to do is win the game in whichever way possible.”

If only we could find a way of getting this guy in, in time for Saturday...

Attachments

• Gary-Goals-ad.jpg
    Gary-Goals-ad.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 205

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
He had to name the team at 16:30 so before he knows the full time result at Fulham. And picking a team 1 hour before is probably nor ideal for the players either. So, he has to go for it because if Cardiff win, we HAVE to win to stay in it. If Cardiff draw, we HAVE to win to make Cardiff have to win their last two. If Cardiff lose, we HAVE to win as it will guarantee safety.

So go for a WIN!!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No goals scored since St Patrick's Day.

That is a mighty hangover.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here