Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huge game and a huge test for Hughton Saturday

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Even you must see we have deteriorated this season, last season we weren’t getting hammered at home by the likes of Burnley and Bmuff.

I don't deny that in the slightest. It doesn't invalidate my point though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We really are due a game where we get the luck/ big decisions in our favour

Nailed on Penalties not given against Burnley and Cardiff, Millwall.
Big 6 decisions for Walker and Vertongen
Even in the Bournemouth game Mepham should have been off before Knockaert went loony.

These were all potential game changers, which went against us.
Reckon we're due a few tbh.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Nailed on Penalties not given against Burnley and Cardiff.
Even in the Bournemouth game Mepham should have been off before Knockaert went loony.

2 against Cardiff, the Burnley one was ridiculous.

Hopefully they can all come in 1 game, the Shyster rolls back on the horror show he's officiated on us before, and we get pay back in kind.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
So why is Murray shooting form 40 yards then with March to his right and Locadia to his left, he’s meant to be experienced and calm things down.

Not saying it worked. It didn't work less than 0% possession final third , we had a couple of breakaways near the end.

Was more in response to you saying f off hughton and that it was bizarre - It wasn't !! but its comments like yours that make me grateful you are not our manager

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Lady Luck is a fickle old bird. I wouldn't trust her, if I were you!:(

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not saying it worked. It didn't work less than 0% possession final third , we had a couple of breakaways near the end.

Was more in response to you saying f off hughton and that it was bizarre - It wasn't !! but its comments like yours that make me grateful you are not our manager
He gets the selection wrong most games guess your happy with that though. The team last night should of played against Cardiff, Bissoma and Andone probably would of ruined them it’s a joke. Why play Bong at Wolves when Bernardo is clearly a much better player it’ doesn’t make sense.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He gets the selection wrong most games guess your happy with that though. The team last night should of played against Cardiff, Bissoma and Andone probably would of ruined them it’s a joke. Why play Bong at Wolves when Bernardo is clearly a much better player it’ doesn’t make sense.

I dunno!

Maybe he has a lot more information about the players than we do? :shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
2 against Cardiff, the Burnley one was ridiculous.

Hopefully they can all come in 1 game, the Shyster rolls back on the horror show he's officiated on us before, and we get pay back in kind.

The Burnley one will always stick in my mind after watching Hendrick walk off after the match and showing another burnley player exactly what he did

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

The selection according to you..so I guess you wouldn't be happy

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The Burnley one will always stick in my mind after watching Hendrick walk off after the match and showing another burnley player exactly what he did

It sticks in my mind because they went straight up the other end and scored. 2 goal swing in one bad decision.
Sums our luck up perfectly.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

And with mike dean running the show live on tv Saturday what could possibly go wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Bissouma, Andone, Bernardo all started against Bournemouth 3 days before the Cardiff game. You're picking the same team as that hammering are you?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I'm sorry!? are you saying we had less than 0% possession??
Wow that is bad.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Even you must see we have deteriorated this season, last season we weren’t getting hammered at home by the likes of Burnley and Bmuff.

I simply don't agree that we have deteriorated. We haven't progressed as much as the 1st half of the season suggested, but I don't believe we are any worse. One-off hammerings really don't make sense to use as a yardstick in my opinion. If so, then the Amex hammerings last season at the hands of Chelsea, Liverpool have not been repeated so we must have improved? Burnley wasn't a hammering - Wolves hammered us much more during Saturday's game and we drew.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I really hope we start with Andone and not Murray but I doubt we will. Andone apparently walking straight past CH and shrugging his shoulders to the rest of the players in a “why me” manner, when subbed, has probably swung it.

Hughton didn't even look at him when Andone was subbed; not even an acknowledgement of a job well done. Yes, Andone did get a bit lucky to avoid the second yellow but he was certainly putting in a shift and was the only pace we had in an otherwise paceless team.

Ali J got a big cuddle from Hughton when he came off (despite being a clueless embarrassment in every game to date although he was a bit better last night).

There is something not right...............

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bissouma, Andone, Bernardo all started against Bournemouth 3 days before the Cardiff game. You're picking the same team as that hammering are you?

Lol ...giving Justice some credit ...I think the majority of people would think that Bernardo is the better player ...however at this stage of the season with so many games in such a short space of time there is always going to be some squad rotation..we don’t know what players are carrying injuries .. wasn’t that long ago Bernardo was out with a hamstring problem
Anyway Bong came in on Saturday and as far as I know did ok ..we got the point ..Bernardo played last night we didn’t ..I doubt the two are linked.
Ask five people re team selection and you’ll probably get five different ones

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We will set up for a point I have no doubt about it

I remember Marshy, before CH appointment you had similar reservations to me and didn't want him. I to could have written your current signature (below your posts) thinking I also was wrong...... Just wondering if you still think you were wrong or have gone full circle?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Lol ...giving Justice some credit ...I think the majority of people would think that Bernardo is the better player ...however at this stage of the season with so many games in such a short space of time there is always going to be some squad rotation..we don’t know what players are carrying injuries .. wasn’t that long ago Bernardo was out with a hamstring problem
Anyway Bong came in on Saturday and as far as I know did ok ..we got the point ..Bernardo played last night we didn’t ..I doubt the two are linked.
Ask five people re team selection and you’ll probably get five different ones

Just trying to work out the logic that was being applied.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here