Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stephens

fallowfield32

Apr 22, 2016
I'm glad someone else recognises that it wasn't Dale's fault. Kayla was supposed to get to Ericsson but didn't in time, but I agree the lads played well and no one deserves to be scapegoated. Uta

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
NSC player vendetta’s never die.

Muzza, our highest goal scorer since Tommy Cook, gets a regular shoe-ing.

Scapegoating a player is a form of bullying. Bullying is behaviour of troubled folk. Focus on the trouble and leave our players alone, would be a good plan. If you want a quieter life. But sometimes being vilified is a kind of validation. I am almost out (ready to put OP on ignore). I hate needless tragedy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stephens had a great game, we lost to a great goal. Why does somebody need to take the blame ffs?

This.

We (as a team) could have closed him down quicker, but feck me, the effort they all put in, you can’t criticise one player

All of them were knackered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
True, but after 88 minutes of Dunk and Duffy throwing themselves in the way of everything, for a player to turn his back on a shot is so frustrating ...

Absolutely this. I would not like to have been in Stephen’s shoes when Duffy and Dunk saw that. Anyone who’s played the game at a decent level know’s what the dressing room will be like after that.

It was pathetic, something you’d be annoyed about if a child did it.

Last edited:

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Absolutely this. I would not like to have been in Stephen’s shoes when Duffy and Dunk saw that. Anyone who’s played the game at a decent level know’s what the dressing room will be like after that.

Dunks reaction says it all!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

As per normal...one day you might come up with something positive

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

And if he hadn't turned his back, it would still have probably gone past him and into the back of the net because of the quality of the shot and where it was aimed.

To claim it's Stephens fault that it went in because he did turn is quite simply staggeringly pathetic

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
More than half of NSC really known f-all about Football.
This Forum is absolutely ridiculous.

You can know f-all about football and still recognise that our players all worked so, so hard this evening, and applaud the effort they put in. It's not so much a lack of knowledge as a lack of brains and basic common sense that leads to the stupider post match posts we often have to endure.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Spurs fan on BBC website ..... thought Dale Stephens was absolutely outstanding for Brighton tonight.. Playing at DM on his own up against Alli and Eriksen.. bossed his team around and organised them along with Lewis Dunk.. Hes one of the most underrated players in the Prem in my opinion

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Didn't turn his back :moo:

vlcsnap-2019-04-24-07h51m31s841.jpg

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
That photo also shows why Ryan had little chance in stopping it too, visibility blocked by Stephen, Llorente and Dunk so saw it late.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
That photo also shows why Ryan had little chance in stopping it too, visibility blocked by Stephen, Llorente and Dunk so saw it late.

Exactly... view was completely blocked... hence a reaction delay of just a vital fraction of a second...

I can’t believe many of the negative comments on here. Thought the whole team were outstanding and did the job asked of them by CH.

And on Stephens... fantastic performance... he was a real leader last night.

Wow... Saturday is now absolutely huge!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Dunk's position is slightly too central and Kayal could be half a yard closer. Stephens is covering the shot to the far post and Maty Ryan perfectly placed.

On any other day one of three Brighton players blocks that shot or Ryan makes the save. It was just a quality strike from one of the best players in Europe. We don't have to blame anybody.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here