Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The argument against Ali and all other Dutch signings ever would hold up after last night (or any other recent games) were it not for the FACT that Ali wasn't the worst Brighton player on the field, to be honest he wasn't even the second worst, and was only joint worst with whomever else you want to add.

He has now repeatedly outplayed a tried and tested Englishman who has played in all divisions and had 2 seasons of Premier League football rather makes a mockery of picking on him.

This isn't making any excuses for Ali, more so pointing out that labeling one player shitehouse is doing a huge disservice to all the other shitehouseary on display.

Why’s it always a binary choice of “picked on” Locadia/Jahanbakhsh, versus the players you don’t rate?

(Who also get slagged on massively on NSC).

Perhaps the whole bunch of them are not very good at PL football? Certainly Cardiff, Stains, Burnley, Fulham, Bmuff, have all had no trouble in beating them with ease.

I've only missed one home game all season and I don't think I've yet seen Ali J try to skin the full back while running at full pelt down the wing.

I've seen glimpses from Andone, Locadia, Bissouma of what they can do but Ali J is still a complete mystery.

He did it once playing on the left against Southampton. Past Valery. Not seen it before, never since. Just super- weird. But then I thought the same about Skalak and had people keep telling me Beckham never beat anyone either

The Albion

Apr 15, 2019
Pretty much all PL quality wingers are equally adept at playing on either wing, regardless of their preferred foot.

What an odd claim that AJ has been effective, not because he’s been out of position (he’s still been playing on the wing), but because that particular side of the field doesn’t suit him?? My word...

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
###From The Davie Telegraph ~~~~~~~FKN USELESS , Brighton were well mugged off , 17 million quid for a player that doesn't know where the touchlines are , or worse know what they indicate , put this bloke in a london black cab with Benteke and neither would be able to find thier way out of it until the doors rusted off .

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
I thought he had a really good game, All 3 up top actually played well. Would like to see the same 3 for the Newcastle game. Also thought Locadia should have been subbed instead of Ali J but both played well.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Had a decent game, could see from his conversation with Hughton when he came off that he needed that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Had a decent game, could see from his conversation with Hughton when he came off that he needed that.

The pairing of Ali & Montoya didn't look as solid as Locadia and Bernie in tandem, but as said on the player rating thread in a performance not designed for creativity he was still our most creative player. (the lowest of low bars!!)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does Bernardo look better defensively than Montoya?

I think Montoya is very unassuming which goes against him.
I just always felt more confident when Spurs attacked down their right.

Slightly less careless than Locadia tonight. Just hoping for March and Knocky on Saturday

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Still think he's useless. Iranians must be crap ay football for him to be such a mega-star over there.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Still think he's useless. Iranians must be crap ay football for him to be such a mega-star over there.

Absolutely. There’s a reason we’ve never heard of any Iranian footballers in over 150 years the games been played.

Ali J is shockingly bad at this level. I’d rather we’d signed George Weah’s cousin.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here