Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next season

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's hard to say without knowing what is wrong in that dressing room at the minute.

Our starting point is that Ryan, Duffy, Dunk, Bernardo, Propper, Gross, Murray have Prem quality.

We also know that Bruno is likely to retire and that Glenn - by dint of age - is likely to be a bench option. That takes a lot of leadership off the park.

We know Burn, Bissouma and Andone have shown glimpses of quality, and we have new signings ACM Alexis McAllister and DCM Tudor Baluta on loan but ready to figure next season.

It also appears that Montoya, Bong, Stephens, Knockaert, March, Locadia, Ali J, Kayal, Balogun aren't quite good enough although with a change of manager 3 or 4 of those could improve.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Go for young hungry Championship players, among a few PL ready players.

If we stayed up, big if........ and I know it’s not popular, but I’d take Alex Pritchard.... and Aaron Mooy from Hudds, and Cairney or Mitrovich from Fulham. (We’d never get Sessegnon)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's hard to say without knowing what is wrong in that dressing room at the minute.

Our starting point is that Ryan, Duffy, Dunk, Bernardo, Propper, Gross, Murray have Prem quality.

We also know that Bruno is likely to retire and that Glenn - by dint of age - is likely to be a bench option. That takes a lot of leadership off the park.

We know Burn, Bissouma and Andone have shown glimpses of quality, and we have new signings ACM Alexis McAllister and DCM Tudor Baluta on loan but ready to figure next season.

It also appears that Montoya, Bong, Stephens, Knockaert, March, Locadia, Ali J, Kayal, Balogun aren't quite good enough although with a change of manager 3 or 4 of those could improve.

Propper is not PL class, zero pace so can’t track back = a huge liability.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Play Percy Tau everywhere. I've heard he can cell divide, so we should be ok.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Locadia as a number 9 would definitely give us something he was hitting a bit of form scoring against Arsenal Leicester then pulled out the squad again just bizarre. Murray hasn’t scored at home since Palace pen absolutely shocking decision making from Hughton.

To answer your question don’t think so mate

I couldnt agree more! Locadia in his natural position can be decent but Hughton doesnt like to play his players in their natural positions ya know.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It’s interesting that everyone above is in unison that our squad/team is clearly inadequate.

Until this moment, half the supporter base have blamed CH for all our woes, saying repeatedly that our players are all quality.

The penny’s dropped.

It is clearly a combination of the two. Inadequate players and a stubborn manager out of his depth. When he has players at his disposal but doesn't use them preferring under-performing regulars he is accountable. The perfect shit storm in fact. Now we have to factor in an apparent dressing room unrest. Not good right now.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Premier League level

Ryan
Dunk
Duffy

Maybe

Gross
Bernardo
Bissouma
March
Knockaert

Rest

Gone

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is clearly a combination of the two. Inadequate players and a stubborn manager out of his depth. When he has players at his disposal but doesn't use them preferring under-performing regulars he is accountable. The perfect shit storm in fact. Now we have to factor in an apparent dressing room unrest. Not good right now.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I agree.

But until this thread, half of NSC’ers blamed CH for everything. Telling us that our squad is fantastic. Ignoring the lack of pace and awful centre midfield compared to the rest of the CM.

Moneyball cleverness, in my opinion, was a flop for us. Value in ‘ones for the future’, was too long-sighted.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Yes of course we have signed a few and sent them straight out on loan.... maybe that is the strategy for next year to bring them in and offload the no showers

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Maybe that’s because they hardly play ffs.

But when they've played, can you seriously say they've looked threatening.. Bissouma and izzy yest at times, but on the whole they haven't offered us anything we don't already have in the other player's aside from izzy's pace. Kayal has more than matched Bissouma's drive and energy from midfield when he's played and he's much better defensively. Also, I am by no means directly correlating these two events, but it is interesting that after Ali J and co started playing more after the turn of the year, our form has utterly nosedived.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Premier League level

Ryan
Dunk
Duffy

Maybe

Gross
Bernardo
Bissouma
March
Knockaert

Rest

Gone

Can’t argue with that.
Glad you didn’t include Montoya as I just cannot see what some others do in him.
At best he’s a poor man’s b-tech Bruno.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can’t argue with that.
Glad you didn’t include Montoya as I just cannot see what some others do in him.
At best he’s a poor man’s b-tech Bruno.

Same here, Montoya cannot defend, simples. Redmond and Fraser made him look an idiot, stuck 50 yards up field.

Telling that he was dropped last night.

I think some are excited by his forays forward.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I agree.

But until this thread, half of NSC’ers blamed CH for everything. Telling us that our squad is fantastic. Ignoring the lack of pace and awful centre midfield compared to the rest of the CM.

Moneyball cleverness, in my opinion, was a flop for us. Value in ‘ones for the future’, was too long-sighted.

24 hours hasn’t mellowed me, I still think CH is just as big a problem as the players everyone is now pointing fingers at. We apparently have a Championship squad, I think we also have a Championship manager.

I won’t be at all thrilled if he is still at the helm next season but I am pretty sure that he will be.

George Burke

Sep 17, 2018
Sussex
Never has a more true sentence been said. Gross, Propper, AJ, Andone, Montoya all have these compilations, but not once have I seen them do anything of the sorts with us.

I suppose Gross lives up to his a little bit, along with Propper. But AJ. The best thing he has done for us is the hit the bar once. Take into account every time he has lost the ball, he has had an overall negative impact on the team. Locadia is another, although he had a decent first season, but for me he is not PL fit, nor does he have the want to win games.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
24 hours hasn’t mellowed me, I still think CH is just as big a problem as the players everyone is now pointing fingers at. We apparently have a Championship squad, I think we also have a Championship manager.

We have a mixed squad, some players can hack it, some others lack the basics to be a PL players eg pace.

I was loyal towards CH throughout, until last night. He doesn’t appear to have the Warnick-like fire to inspire any more, even if some of the players are shockingly poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here