Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Hang on, how can there be European elections? I thought everyone involved with the EU were unelected bureaucrats? Project Reality is very confusing.

That's the difference between the EU parliament and the UK parliament.

In the forthcoming EU election, people will stay away in their droves so as not to elect what they deem the "unelected".

In the (probably) forthcoming UK election, people will queue up in their droves to elect the unelectable. Like every other time.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
That's the difference between the EU parliament and the UK parliament.

In the forthcoming EU election, people will stay away in their droves so as not to elect what they deem the "unelected".

In the (probably) forthcoming UK election, people will queue up in their droves to elect the unelectable. Like every other time.

Not so sure people will be queuing in their droves, a lot of people will withdraw their vote as they largely don’t see the point in “democracy” any more - I can also see an upsurge in extremist groups making gains in particular in areas where leave was the majority vote...

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Yvette Cooper and Kier Starmer are two of the only politicians to have acted with statesmanlike and consistant intentions in this whole mess. Were either to depose Corbyn I'd consider moving my vote back from TIG.

These are admirable sentiments and for what it's worth, I totally agree. However, the problem is that no matter what your opinion is on who will eventually move in to no 10 in the event of winning a GE, you should always consider how your localised vote affects the outcome. To clarify, I've really gone off Corbyn and would LIKE to vote TIG, but that plays right into the Tories hands as the constituency where I'm still registered is East Worthing, where that evil snide Loughton currently resides. Given that my #1 priority in a GE would be to oust that fat prick out of his comfy Tory seat (never gonna happen but I can dream), I have to vote for the person who I think is most likely to challenge him for the seat. Which will probably be the Labour candidate.

I guess my point is that it matters not a jot what you think of the leader or the party as a whole. You have to vote based on who's likely to win the seat because the seat is all that matters. So if you're in a constituency which is a Tory stronghold and you want to see a change of seat, you have to vote for Labour if they are the main challengers.

So despite the fact that I really don't like him at all, I will still vote Labour.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Leavers and remainders would have to be Blind Freddy not to see that Germany has now taken control of the Brexit debacle.A sad day as our Parliament flounders in its ineptitude.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So you’re comparing a decision whether to give the UK an extension to the negotiations on HOW we actually leave!

Brilliant......

Over simplistic to say the least. Perfect for a Twitter post :lol:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
These are admirable sentiments and for what it's worth, I totally agree. However, the problem is that no matter what your opinion is on who will eventually move in to no 10 in the event of winning a GE, you should always consider how your localised vote affects the outcome. To clarify, I've really gone off Corbyn and would LIKE to vote TIG, but that plays right into the Tories hands as the constituency where I'm still registered is East Worthing, where that evil snide Loughton currently resides. Given that my #1 priority in a GE would be to oust that fat prick out of his comfy Tory seat (never gonna happen but I can dream), I have to vote for the person who I think is most likely to challenge him for the seat. Which will probably be the Labour candidate.

I guess my point is that it matters not a jot what you think of the leader or the party as a whole. You have to vote based on who's likely to win the seat because the seat is all that matters. So if you're in a constituency which is a Tory stronghold and you want to see a change of seat, you have to vote for Labour if they are the main challengers.

So despite the fact that I really don't like him at all, I will still vote Labour.

Alternatively you could vote for the candidate that you think will best represent your area rather than playing silly tactical voting games.

Jan 30, 2008
Yvette Cooper and Kier Starmer are two of the only politicians to have acted with statesmanlike and consistant intentions in this whole mess. Were either to depose Corbyn I'd consider moving my vote back from TIG.
two of the most Devious people you could ever meet, boo hoo, boo hoo we can't come to terms with the referendum result, also says a lot about you to
regards
DR

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Alternatively you could vote for the candidate that you think will best represent your area rather than playing silly tactical voting games.

I think that all the time we have FPTP then each individual has to decide whether to vote for the person who represents them most or against the person who represents them least.

Nothing silly, just a bit of common sense :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I've voted for Peter Kyle in the last two elections and I support HIM as a centerist and remainer, who has, again, acted to try and sort this mess out. However, we are not having a GE in May (yet :lolol: ). We are having an EU and Local election. I don't want Momentum running Brighton Council and I want a pro 2nd Referendum candidate in the EU Parliament so that's how I'll vote this time.

My sincere hope is that, if a GE is called, that Kyle will defect to TIG or Momentum will seek to deselect him and he'll move by default (if either of those happen Labour will lose Hove). Frankly, either are possible or not. But in a GE, as much as I like Kyle, if he is representing Corbyn he has lost my vote. The country needs consensus and compromise, not more extremism and populism, whether left or right.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I think that all the time we have FPTP then each individual has to decide whether to vote for the person who represents them most or against the person who represents them least.

Am I right in assuming that one of the thickos on my ignore list doesn't know how The UK's voting system works?

Quelle surprise.

Jan 30, 2008

common sense was to have left the EU as instructed in 2016 , too many sly people acting on behalf of their constituents FACT
regards
DR

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

At the last GE the Labour Party under Corbyn were not given a cat in hells chance of winning, particularly in safe Tory shire seats. However, in Shoreham and East Worthing the Tory majority was much reduced, if more people had had a little more belief in the voting process and turned out to vote he might have lost or had been sent a very strong signal by his electorate.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Am I right in assuming that one of the thickos on my ignore list doesn't know how The UK's voting system works?

Quelle surprise.

It would appear that someone who has me on ignore is unable to particpate in rational debate. Oh the surprise !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here