Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs Away re-arranged to Tue. 23rd April @ 7:45pm

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
I contacted supporter services and they replied and, with their agreement, below is the text of their response. This should clarify the situation. Mistakes happen, and, generally, don't think anyone can really complain about the service from the ticket team.

Good morning Drew,

An error was made this morning and an on sale for Tottenham did show for a brief time. However this shouldn’t have shown as no official communication has gone out from the club.

Due to our progression in the FA Cup there are multiple dates still in the offering of when this game could be played. Therefore you will receive a refund today and further information with regards to the correct date and time for on sale will be communicated in due course.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Just to clarify, I didn't actually buy a ticket so won't be getting a refund!

The correct response, as any sensible person would agree.

(But not those who bought tickets for themselves or others who weren't in the top tier for loyalty points)

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I contacted supporter services and they replied and, with their agreement, below is the text of their response. This should clarify the situation. Mistakes happen, and, generally, don't think anyone can really complain about the service from the ticket team.

Good morning Drew,

An error was made this morning and an on sale for Tottenham did show for a brief time. However this shouldn’t have shown as no official communication has gone out from the club.

Due to our progression in the FA Cup there are multiple dates still in the offering of when this game could be played. Therefore you will receive a refund today and further information with regards to the correct date and time for on sale will be communicated in due course.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Just to clarify, I didn't actually buy a ticket so won't be getting a refund!

Correct decision.

Mistakes happen.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In breach of The Sales Of Goods Act 1979?
Given a price had been agreed and a contract to sell had been completed?

Nope - this has been tested numerous times with online selling. The club have no obligation at all to honour the apparent sales.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Hi <insert name here>

FAN Number: 5000nnn

The Tottenham Hotspur away fixture was listed in error this morning, and tickets should not have been available to purchase at this time.

No official announcement had been made around this fixture, and the date, allocation and pricing are all currently pending confirmation.

An announcement, including on-sale information, will be made through our usual channels in due course when we have more information.

Thank you for your interest in purchasing tickets for this fixture, and please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Many thanks,

Sarah Gould
Supporter Services Manager

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Hi <insert name here>

FAN Number: 5000nnn

The Tottenham Hotspur away fixture was listed in error this morning, and tickets should not have been available to purchase at this time.

No official announcement had been made around this fixture, and the date, allocation and pricing are all currently pending confirmation.

An announcement, including on-sale information, will be made through our usual channels in due course when we have more information.

Thank you for your interest in purchasing tickets for this fixture, and please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Many thanks,

Sarah Gould
Supporter Services Manager

I just received this as well - amazing that they don’t mention a refund???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Almost as if they had to knock it up in a panic-induced hurry you mean?

"Have we missed anything out?"

"Nope - looks good to me - send it out"

"Sent it!"

"Thanks - think we got away with that one."

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Almost as if they had to knock it up in a panic-induced hurry you mean?

"Have we missed anything out?"

"Nope - looks good to me - send it out"

"Sent it!"

"Thanks - think we got away with that one."

Waiting for a response on payment as pending on credit card on whether they will not process or refund.

Fairly poor that the email didn't cover this in any detail.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Thank goodness we were not playing Spurs on the original planned date. Just think of the bed wetting over shifting 3,000 tickets in only 20 days.
Oh hang on - what did you say? It's now 32,000 in 19 days for that weekend?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Was this the dress rehearsal for the Cup semi final ?
Probably put them on sale at the same time as the last batch of league games !!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Out of interest, have you had the refund yet?

Not yet, still have the original payment showing as pending, so not sure if the club are not going to process this or they are going to issue a refund, Will have to keep watching my account closely over the next few days

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thank goodness we were not playing Spurs on the original planned date. Just think of the bed wetting over shifting 3,000 tickets in only 20 days.
Oh hang on - what did you say? It's now 32,000 in 19 days for that weekend?

The club regularly do this for home Cup games, although I guess they don't have to post most of these due to Print at Home.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
DYcIrADWAAA9f6P.jpg

Lower tier for Premier league matches. The other two tiers as needed for cup games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here