Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Nantes Friendly (03.08.18)

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I reckon Knocky and March will be our wide men, Murray upfront. Stephens, Propper and Gross in Midfield.only change from last season will be Bernado at LB. bring on the new guys with 20-30 mins to go.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Looking forward tonight's game few beers in Lewes one of the few games that I use the train.
I still it's important to get behind the team even a friendly and good chance to sit in a different part of the ground also to have a look at new players also to thank TB if you are still not sure it's not to late to get a ticket take the kids.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Looking forward tonight's game few beers in Lewes one of the few games that I use the train.
I still it's important to get behind the team even a friendly and good chance to sit in a different part of the ground also to have a look at new players also to thank TB if you are still not sure it's not to late to get a ticket take the kids.

Did you notice the prices have gone up this morning?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Wasn't fussed about the game to be honest as I find all friendlies a little hard to get involved in as a fan. But as we're on holiday for the Man U game I've bought the family some tickets in the hope of taking a look at the new signings.

And I've just realised: in all my years of supporting Brighton (I'm 49 now) I think this is the first time I've seen us play overseas opposition. Quite looking forward to it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I stand corrected then, apologies chaps!

No worries. There's no real pattern with how Hughton introduces new signings. Scheletto, Locadia, and Izquierdo (to a certain extent) weren't played in the first 11 straight away last season and fit into the idea that he *always* eases in new signings and he might do this with Alireza etc depending on fitness of course but plenty of examples in last few years (Duffy, Kayal, Hemed, Knockeart, Propper, Ryan) where they just went straight into the team and stayed there.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
It’s this one!

............................. Ryan ...........................

Bruno ......... Dunk ..... Duffy ........ Bernardo

Knockaert...Stephens...Pröpper....Izquierdo

............................ Groß ...............................

.......................... Andone ............................

Maybe. And one is so not a one upfront kind of chap though. At least, not the way we play it.
So, either we play with a completely different tactic (balls in channels/in behind rather than to chest) or Murray starts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I stand corrected then, apologies chaps!

Don't be and look at the names, something CJ refuses to acknowledge?

Ryan started - instead of who?
Propper started - instead of who?
Groß started - instead of who?
Brown started - instead of who? Baldock hahaha
Suttner - instead of Bong, a player who in turn won his place back with his best defensive season ever for the Albion.

The newbies will play, but CH isn't going to instantly throw away everything he had just because he's got something new to play with.
He's not Pards.

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I suspect The Greyhound will get more game time this season.

He knows what CH wants now and has better players around him to cover if he's over-adventurous.

Re Andone - if he can't play in 4-4-1-1, will he get much time on the pitch? Impact sub if we need a plan B? I thought we'd bought him as our #1 striker option?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I was thinking 12k was pretty decent for a friendly.

Its not bad at all, but I wouldn't call it 'bumper'.. We've had far larger crowds for the final pre season games before, albeit against bigger opposition. But you're right, 12k odd isn't bad at all really

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
When one compares to last years friendly, it is small. We attracted over 27000 for the A Madrid game, but they are a big team and we had the excitement of promotion running high still.

The Atleti game was arguably, at that point, the biggest side we had faced at the Amex. It was on a Sunday afternoon and had been set in stone as a curtain opener for ages.

I always felt the Sporting fixture had nightmare (cancellation/fan protest/Sporting not having any stars left) written all over it. Accordingly, I didn't get a ticket (I have since it was re-arranged and plans have aligned). After being hastily re-arranged against an opposition of similar level 12k seems like a pretty good turnout and I'm really looking forward to it!

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Last pre-season friendly I went to was against Worthing in, I think, the late 90s so looking forward to tonight. Practical question: is the normal catering available outside the ground?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Last pre-season friendly I went to was against Worthing in, I think, the late 90s so looking forward to tonight. Practical question: is the normal catering available outside the ground?

I was going to ask the same as I've already committed to buying burger/fish 'n' chips for my sons. I'm guessing, with a crowd of 12k coming, yes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Atleti game was arguably, at that point, the biggest side we had faced at the Amex. It was on a Sunday afternoon and had been set in stone as a curtain opener for ages.

I always felt the Sporting fixture had nightmare (cancellation/fan protest/Sporting not having any stars left) written all over it. Accordingly, I didn't get a ticket (I have since it was re-arranged and plans have aligned). After being hastily re-arranged against an opposition of similar level 12k seems like a pretty good turnout and I'm really looking forward to it!

Agreed......palpable excitement for a team like AM to be visiting (Torres, Griezman et al) - they were circles we simply didn't move in at the time but it's a bit different now. I'm looking forward to it anyway.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've just spoken to someone in the ticket office and they're expecting an audience in the range of 10-12k.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Why would you play Alireza ahead of AK?

The best way for Alireza to get closer to being ready for whatever level of competitive gametime is by playing and a final friendly seems the perfect opportunity.

Could see AK starting next week but Ali will be much more capable of coming on if needed, if he's had the game time with 9 or 10 starters. I would probably start the rest of my intended first team though yes.

Might also make AK even more hungry to prove himself next week. I'd probably bring AK on part way through 2nd half but not for Alireza. Might sub on for Gross and shift Ali inside IF he's fit enough. Can then see him scoring a screamer or setting up the new striker once Murray's done his running.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here