Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephens and Propper

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I still don't understand why, some on here, don't appreciate that they were playing to their instructions last season.

That one that said a club fine if spending more than three minutes at any one time in the opposition half

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Deleted

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I admit that I have been critical of Stephens, but today has showed me how wrong I am. With the formation change it was like having two new midfielders in the side.

Stephens in the main played well last season as well.

Today however, he was absolutely outstanding.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Glad people noticed it (even BG!) - so ****ing good today - playing with freedom and attacking intent. Work rate superb. Tackling is tougher. All round much better!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
just to prove that I am correct sometimes.

How exactly were you correct about Kayal?

All I've seen is you saying that he was shit. Which is completely incorrect and total nonsense. You're the only person who would say that and try to back it up as some sort of win.

Even as a troll, you've just shot yourself in the foot there.

I suppose it's funny, but only to you.. Aside from people laughing AT you. 😂

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Is it though ?

We were so defensive last season it was beyond a joke and anyone who watched Propper play for Holland could see he could be an attacking player

Yes, because it’s a point frequently laboured.

He played one or two games for Holland further forward, the other times he has been central or defensive.

Since he’s been here, In the times Propper has got into the area (admittedly more this season), all I’ve learnt is that he is a poor finisher.

Thought he was great yesterday, but that free header in the second half when he was unmarked was woeful.

Definitely having a better season as is Stephens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Watch it again he actually has to stoop under close inspection of one defender while another comes over to cover so yes perhaps he should have scored but it wasn’t a free header.

Haven’t seen it again, only at the time.

As you say should have scored though, no doubt for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here