Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck, should we? [18/10: we did - one year deal] - *** NEW ONE YEAR DEAL ***

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Running alongside the Welbeck story is the one about Balotelli. Apparently, he's left Marseille, he's available on a free and he's been offered to West Ham. His agent is touting him at £70K per week. 41 goals in 73 matches in the French top flight indicate he's still got it, and he's interested in coming back to the Prem. That's going to tempt a few chairmen.
I would LOVE to see Balotelli in an Albion shirt. It would be pure mentalism and most likely a total disaster. But amazing fun. Just imagine...?!

Think he might struggle to pass the "no dickheads" test (getting 100% in the exam). But apart from that, I'm IN.

"An allergy to grass but when he plays he's ****ing class.... He drives around Moulscoomb with a wallet full of cash.... OOOHHHH Balotelli...."

Football suicide but comedy perfection. It's all about entertainment right? [emoji6]

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
A fully fit, firing on all cylinders Welbeck is an asset to any club. Just look when he was at his best for England.

Sadly, getting *that* Welbeck is as much likely as finding rocking horse shit. It's a shame as he's a class player but made of glass.

It's a no from me.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Football suicide but comedy perfection. It's all about entertainment right? [emoji6]

He’d be very capable of getting 20+ goals too (and the fact that he’d split the dressing room, split the fans, give Potter a heart attack and Barber a stroke would be neither here or there if we survived another season).

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
A fully fit, firing on all cylinders Welbeck is an asset to any club. Just look when he was at his best for England.

Sadly, getting *that* Welbeck is as much likely as finding rocking horse shit. It's a shame as he's a class player but made of glass.

It's a no from me.

We have a world-class medical centre, don't we? They kept Baldock alive for 4 years.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

It's a no from me.

I was thinking more 'crisps'. Or whatever it is Hotpoint make washing machines out of (recycled polystyrene and plastic zyder bottles? ???)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If fit he could possibly "do a job" down the middle - but its such a massive IF. He's not kicked a ball since November, when he had two operations to repair a broken ankle, so we don't know how well he'll have recovered from that. And coming from one of the Big 6, even though he's on a free, he'd be on such a monster wage it would still blow a big hole in our playing budget.

I'd also question how motivated he'd be, going from Man Utd, to Arsenal, to Brighton. Someone else mentioned Sturridge when he went on loan from Liverpool to WBA as their roll-of-the-dice to keep them up. He was an abject disaster, barely played or even looked interested, and this for me has all the hallmarks of being THAT kind of signing.

I just don't think he'd be a fit for us. Or fit.

You aren't keen, are you? Admit it. I know that far away look in your eyes, one of which is having a surreptitious butcher's at the exit door, and half your mind is calculating whether you can be out of here and in a cab to nowhere before you are asked to explain yourself more fully, with diagrams and a fully costed projected balance sheet :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
can make a goal from a half chance, happy on the wing too. even with his medical record would still probably be second top scorer, so i'd say yes.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I was thinking more 'crisps'. Or whatever it is Hotpoint make washing machines out of (recycled polystyrene and plastic zyder bottles? ???)
No he's right. Welbeck is made of glass, Sturridge is made of Weetabix. Those are the facts.

Oh and Zaha is made out of cheap plastic and whatever weight thing they used to put in Weebles. But with a timer.

*Referee points to spot*

POP! He's up again.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No he's right. Welbeck is made of glass, Sturridge is made of Weetabix. Those are the facts.

Oh and Zaha is made out of cheap plastic and whatever weight thing they used to put in Weebles. But with a timer.

*Referee points to spot*

POP! He's up again.

And Murray is made of cock (of the north). :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's used to - and probably expects - huge wages. Of course, he's on zero pounds per week at the moment (which shouldn't bother him for a while!) but he is unlikely to get the same ever again, so if he wants to continue his career as a footballer he's going to have to take some sort of wage cut.

The big question is, of course, how big a cut. If somebody offers more than we do, he'll probably go there - but maybe he won't fancy going to China, or Russia. If he comes down to our level (wage-wise) he would be worth a contract (certainly not a five year one though!) Big if - in fact a bloody great big if - but if he fancied the move, I'd be happy to see him here.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You aren't keen, are you? Admit it. I know that far away look in your eyes, one of which is having a surreptitious butcher's at the exit door, and half your mind is calculating whether you can be out of here and in a cab to nowhere before you are asked to explain yourself more fully, with diagrams and a fully costed projected balance sheet :lolol:

I've gone stale on here. If KNUB or WACO came up with a decent offer, you wouldn't see me for dust.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He was a good prospect whose injuries stopped him becoming a decent player. I fear his signature will prove a problem with other players and a waste of money however cheap we got him. I would rather Potter developed one of the youngsters or had a go at the younger end of the European market.
Sturridge would be a different ball game.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
42 goals in 206 premier league games mainly for Arsenal and Man Utd, aint a great ratio considering. Add his poor injury record and high wages and it looks even less tempting.

But I'd still take him, he is a beast at defending from the front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here