Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls tv

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If this partnership fall through will the Albion still be able to offer championship streams of the games if/when we go down next season?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bit of an update on the shower of shit that is Neulion and iFollow:

I received an email informing me that they are offering a pro rata refund less 10% admin fee. I told them that I will be reporting them to trading standards. I contacted Paul Camilin informing him of their response and told him that The Albion will be part of my report to Trading Standards. Their product has not worked since I subscribed and despite numerous requests to cancel (within 14 days) they chose to ignore all of my requests. It is only £45 but they can go whistle if they think they can get away with their questionable business practices. Makes me wonder how safe our personal data is in the hands of this lot?

I did also mention the security warnings I keep getting when accessing the ticket section. Awaiting a response from [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION].

Who the hell at The Albion set this deal up?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Exactly this.

I appreciate Insiders follow up as above and hopefully it should be resolved to everyones satisfaction.

What is clear legally, is that BHAFC as the 'retailer' for this service holds all responsibility to the consumer.

But as said above it appears the club have finally got to grips with this and we should all have a seamless experience from the Watford game. :)

The club may be involved but the shysters are still being shysters.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bit of an update on the shower of shit that is Neulion and iFollow:

I received an email informing me that they are offering a pro rata refund less 10% admin fee. I told them that I will be reporting them to trading standards. I contacted Paul Camilin informing him of their response and told him that The Albion will be part of my report to Trading Standards. Their product has not worked since I subscribed and despite numerous requests to cancel (within 14 days) they chose to ignore all of my requests. It is only £45 but they can go whistle if they think they can get away with their questionable business practices. Makes me wonder how safe our personal data is in the hands of this lot?

I did also mention the security warnings I keep getting when accessing the ticket section. Awaiting a response from [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION].

Who the hell at The Albion set this deal up?

An admin charge on a refund for non-provision of services - they just stagger from incompetence to incompetence!

It's not hard to imagine the deal sold to the Albion was along the lines of "we'll do it all - the background technical stuff and all the customer support with fans. You won't have to lift a finger. Trust us - we know what we're doing."

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
An admin charge on a refund for non-provision of services - they just stagger from incompetence to incompetence!

It's not hard to imagine the deal sold to the Albion was along the lines of "we'll do it all - the background technical stuff and all the customer support with fans. You won't have to lift a finger. Trust us - we know what we're doing."

It is hard to believe isn't it?

I think The Argus might be interested in this...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It is hard to believe isn't it?

I think The Argus might be interested in this...

Even the Ts &Cs have been atrociously written and/or not proof read. What the hell does this even mean:

"By submitting your order you have opted to receive your subscription benefits immediately and waived your right to cancel. You will not therefore be entitled to cancel the contract any fourteen (14) day ‘cooling off’ period in law, nor receive a refund of the Fee. This does not affect any other rights you may have at law, including where we are at fault."

Is it missing the word "within" between "contract" and "any"?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Even the Ts &Cs have been atrociously written and/or not proof read. What the hell does this even mean:

"By submitting your order you have opted to receive your subscription benefits immediately and waived your right to cancel. You will not therefore be entitled to cancel the contract any fourteen (14) day ‘cooling off’ period in law, nor receive a refund of the Fee. This does not affect any other rights you may have at law, including where we are at fault."

Is it missing the word "within" between "contract" and "any"?

I think they must be a bunch of ex call centre employees based in New Delhi working out of a shed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think they must be a bunch of ex call centre employees based in New Delhi working out of a shed.

My experience of call centre staff based in India is that they have far higher standards of professionalism and desire to deliver on customer service than Albion fans are experiencing from EFL Digital / iFollow / NeuLion.

Ha ha - I just read this: "In Realise and NeuLion we have two of the world’s leading digital companies with whom we can form a productive partnership to drive additional value for our clubs and produce a series of digital products we can all be proud of.

“Both companies understand the unique and varied challenges we continue to be faced with and throughout this extensive RFP process they have consistently demonstrated they have the skills, expertise and knowledge to deliver against EFL Digital’s objectives.

The end user, the fans of our clubs are very much where their collective focus lies and a proven track record, a flexible approach to platform delivery and significant experience in video streaming means we are not only confident in the proposed technical solution but also how it will perform commercially .”

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My experience of call centre staff based in India is that they have far higher standards of professionalism and desire to deliver on customer service than Albion fans are experiencing from EFL Digital / iFollow / NeuLion.

Ha ha - I just read this: "In Realise and NeuLion we have two of the world’s leading digital companies with whom we can form a productive partnership to drive additional value for our clubs and produce a series of digital products we can all be proud of.

“Both companies understand the unique and varied challenges we continue to be faced with and throughout this extensive RFP process they have consistently demonstrated they have the skills, expertise and knowledge to deliver against EFL Digital’s objectives.

The end user, the fans of our clubs are very much where their collective focus lies and a proven track record, a flexible approach to platform delivery and significant experience in video streaming means we are not only confident in the proposed technical solution but also how it will perform commercially .”

Sounds like the club need a new head of IT to sort all of these things out.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I suspect this is NOT the email that everyone is getting - which is probably coming out after Saturday. The Watford game is a bit of a watershed moment for the functionality of the service.

That's the other half of the problem - their staff don't appear to aware of the collective issue.

The email above will be just something else to feed back about :)

I advise everyone to just hang on for the "real" email surrounding the service.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I suspect this is NOT the email that everyone is getting - which is probably coming out after Saturday. The Watford game is a bit of a watershed moment for the functionality of the service.

That's the other half of the problem - their staff don't appear to aware of the collective issue.

I suspect it probably will be...they are a combination of incompetents who have no interest in customer service implementing dodgy business practices.

I will have to investigate other methods to get Albion commentaries when I am not at some of our away games. The club videos I will have to do without because I am not giving neulion, iFollow or EFL Digital any of my money.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I advise everyone to just hang on for the "real" email surrounding the service.

I think they are fully aware of the collective issue-especially now AFC Wimbledon have put a link on their opening page to a survey about iFollow's service. They (shysters inc) are hoping they will get away with no refunds by ignoring requests. Unfortunately for them (and nsc users) I have ADD and a sympton for me is hyperfocus-they chose the wrong person to piss off :)

On a positive note, looks like Paul Camilin's intervention may have helped.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If you dig around there is some really odd information on other EFL sites.

I've read that as an OVERSEAS subscriber the audio WILL work if you come to the UK. Can't find a mention of the other way round.

Fans complaining that the live streaming is video only with no commentary. That again is understandable because I'd imagine you'd need someone to synch the radio commentary with stream.

Lastly - another complaint is that you can't now log into other clubs sites and watch their content anymore.

I know nobody really reads the T&C anymore (especially on the internet) but there does seem to be a lot of confusion (both from the suppliers and customers) exactly what you are getting for the money.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Here is their explanation to me regarding a tardy response

Due to the popularity of your club’s new digital services and the start of the 2017/18 season, we have received a significant number of customer enquiries.

I suspect that 'enquiries' should read 'complaints'

If Paul Camillin wants to push for things he should go for:

1. Speed up customer service
2. Full refunds for those that ask
3. Extension of the annual renewal date for those that wish to carry on with the service by way of compensation

Can others add further pointers for Paul?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Well an update on my end, after sending a third email I have now been awarded a refund, I got the message below. Could be worth copying and pasting the email I sent and see what you get back.

Dear Josh,

Thank you for contacting Seagulls TV Support support.

Your Seagulls TV subscription has been cancelled and a refund has been initiated.

Please allow 5-7 days for your bank to process your refund.

Regards,
Robert, Seagulls TV Support

This was my third email to them that got this response:

Good afternoon,

I am emailing to get a full refund for my sign up to iFollow. I signed up as I believed this would be a product I could use and was a continuation of the Seagulls Player that I have used for many years. However this is not the case as I have now been made aware of the below:

Please note that the iFollow service is only available to clubs playing in the EFL during the 2017/18 season and who have opted in to utilise the iFollow platform. Those clubs who have not will have access to the same live streaming opportunity and will be able to provide their fans with access through their own club digital services. We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of Accrington Stanley, Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Brighton and Hove Albion, Bristol City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Fulham, Leeds United, Leyton Orient, Newcastle United, QPR and Wolverhampton Wanderers. Please contact your club for more information.

Could you please issue me a full refund for this service as this is something I am unable to use?

Thank you!

Josh

Sorry if you've already explained but is this an issue with being abroad ? I renewed recently and was able to listen to the Barnet game and watch videos so they are providing me with a service despite that e Mail about needing to be in the EFL.. well, since the debacle with the friendlies anyway.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sorry if you've already explained but is this an issue with being abroad ? I renewed recently and was able to listen to the Barnet game and watch videos so they are providing me with a service despite that e Mail about needing to be in the EFL.. well, since the debacle with the friendlies anyway.

This is part of the problem. The incorrect information they send out.

That list of clubs either:

1) Are part of the football league and run their own website i.e. are NOT on the ifollow platform.

( by the way there are more e.g. Sunderland )

2) Are using the ifollow platform but are NOT in the Football League.

( that's us - but again there are more than listed e.g. Huddersfield )

If you are either of the above iFollow CANNOT offer a LIVE streaming subscription. The only option for Brighton fans is a non streaming video (with commentary) subscription.

But :) we have nothing to do with that list at all. It refers to my first group of non iFollow EFL Clubs.

That confusion is the crux of the issue I believe.

This is the generic text from the EFL website:

Why are some clubs not currently offering iFollow?

iFollow is only available to clubs playing in the EFL during the 2017/18 season and who have opted in to utilise the iFollow platform. Any club which is not listed above will still be able to offer fans live match audio commentary of their games, but will provide their fans with access through their own club digital services should they wish to. We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of Accrington Stanley, Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Bristol City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Forest Green Rovers, Fulham, Hull City, Middlesbrough, Queens Park Rangers, Sunderland and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here