Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I have no idea what you lot are talking about!? Are we not meant to be using our transfers!!?? I just have one team in our regular league.

In the regular league transfers are allowed, in the purist they are not. Unfortunately, despite selecting the league as purist (no transfers allowed during a stage race), it is not chucking out non purist teams. Apparently this problem is being looked in to by the fantasy cycling powers that be, but to solve it quickly could anyone who has made transfers take their team out of the purist league here by clicking on leave.

Actually, they have updated whilst I was typing. Carry on as you are :rolleyes:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In the regular league transfers are allowed, in the purist they are not. Unfortunately, despite selecting the league as purist (no transfers allowed during a stage race), it is not chucking out non purist teams. Apparently this problem is being looked in to by the fantasy cycling powers that be, but to solve it quickly could anyone who has made transfers take their team out of the purist league here by clicking on leave.

Actually, they have updated whilst I was typing. Carry on as you are :rolleyes:

Cool, I haven't cheated, and my 3rd place is on merit!! :thumbsup:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm not in the purist league. I promise not to make another change regardless. I'm no doper!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dearest cycling geeks

I am after a new (first) bike.

I have got a cycle to work voucher and looking to get something to cycle between Bevendean and city centre on daily basis. Been having a look at the Carrera Gryphon Hybrid Bike <http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_810613_langId_-1_categoryId_165534> can anyone give some pros/cons for this bike? any others I should consider. Looking at a buget of around £300-£400

Thanks in advance

Jim
Firstly apologies if im telling you what you already know.
Hybrids are as the name suggests fill the gap between road and mountain bikes.
They can be a flat barred road to a big tyred suspension beastily.
So youll need to pick the style that does all what you want it to do.

Around £400 is close to the entry level price point across all manufacturers.

If your stuck with Halfords the Boardman bikes are better than Carrera.
If not you need to try as many as you can and decide which bike ticks all the boxes.

Most importantly if the bike you love is £50 more expensive than the bike you like, wait, save the money,and buy the bike you love, you will ride it more.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Dearest cycling geeks

I am after a new (first) bike.

I have got a cycle to work voucher and looking to get something to cycle between Bevendean and city centre on daily basis. Been having a look at the Carrera Gryphon Hybrid Bike <http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_810613_langId_-1_categoryId_165534> can anyone give some pros/cons for this bike? any others I should consider. Looking at a buget of around £300-£400

Thanks in advance

Jim

The Geeks on here advised me to get a road bike (I was also interested in a hybrid). I did, and I love it!

One thing I would say, though, is it depends on the commute you have. Road bikes really need a decent flat surface to ride on.

Problem with road bikes, is they can be a bottomless pit - my first 'upgrade' is going to be clipless pedals and shoes...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Heads up chaps:-

[tweet]425927390200881152[/tweet]

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm not in the purist league. I promise not to make another change regardless. I'm no doper!

We all make changes, it's what makes it fun! It's why we have a regular league separate from the purist league.

You can't play a purist team, especially not your purist team, in the regular league, Hamilton!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I bet [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION] thought this would be so easy!!!

I've always tried to position myself a thread spazmo, but 2 leagues seems to be bringing out the loon in all of us.
How long before 1066 gets twitchy and comes over to the sweet sweet tasting transfers?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We all make changes, it's what makes it fun! It's why we have a regular league separate from the purist league.

You can't play a purist team, especially not your purist team, in the regular league, Hamilton!

We'll see Mr Mahone. We'll see.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've now removed Team Stat from the purist league, in favour of Pure Stat.

But I don't seem to be able to log in as Pure Stat.
It all goes fine, then Team Stat over rides when I click on Fantasy.
I'll have another play around, after I've stuck the boot into tennis, and Washington DC talk radio, (it's a long story).

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I've now removed Team Stat from the purist league, in favour of Pure Stat.

But I don't seem to be able to log in as Pure Stat.
It all goes fine, then Team Stat over rides when I click on Fantasy.
I'll have another play around, after I've stuck the boot into tennis, and Washington DC talk radio, (it's a long story).

Lots of things over ride when I click on fantasy.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
It seems NSC purist league has some non purist in there - even our leader's non-purist team features.

What's going in [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION]?

That is weird, it had removed all the non purist teams earlier. Like I said before the best way is just to remove your non purist team from the purist league. I have just done that with my main team but they still have not updated it. We may have to wait until the overnight update happens after tonight's stage.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thanks Stat. I had forgotten, and now I am entered. [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] ? [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] ?

I'm hoping to, my U8's team has a match that day, but I maybe able to leave the team in the hands of other parents. Need to confirm first though - and obviously need to hurry!

Great route and a brilliant Sportive to start the year off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Evans Gatwick have a Sportive a week later.
Which in the unlikely event the weather is like today, I hope to do the fun route with Jnr Stat.

Although quite how 'fun' and 'February Sportive' go together God only knows.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
was it sunny today, [MENTION=4472]strings[/MENTION]

[tweet]426057885274357760[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here